Dish 300 round antenna question

Username: Rmbrthlmo

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 8
I found an old dish 300 round antenna and am wondering if it can be made to receive both 110 & 119 sats even though it has no
skew adjustment or if it's only good for one sat at at time.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2471
you will be able to get one sat only
if you want both sats you will have to get another single lnb and strap it next to the one you have,about 1 inch lower on the right hand side if you are facing the dish,now you can align dish and get both
also you will need a diseqc switch

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 9
Thanks a lot, African. I knew I could count on you for the answer. One more thing, though: the lnb is a single, quite old and has the words Digital LNBF with two outputs. Does the second lnb have to be the same?

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2472
no,just buy a single lnb
the one you have is capable of running 2 receivers

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15379
Poormans dish...DTV 18 inch round dish..

Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the DN 110 & 119, and/or 82-91 Bev sats (any sats 9 degrees apart) and consequently 600-800 FREE channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull many DN channels or all Bev channels, for your NEW FTA receiver!

Hint: I also use wire tie or string around the lnb horns to draw them together and focus on center=better quality.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2474
good post LK
i was looking for this info,because i remember you posting it for me some time ago but could not find it
thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10154
African: If you had googled for it, you would find it in 100 sites, posted long before the C/P artist knew the words "LNB" and "Dish".
Hardly anybody uses that technique, because there is no stability. It was used when these thins were expensive. You can get a 4-5 LNB Dish and 4 LNBs for under $120, and a 20" used Dish with LNBs for 2 sats and two receivers for under $40
The above installation is sure to make you poor even if you were not poor, because the number of times you would go up to adjust is sure enough to give you a fall from roof and a serious injury.
Novices, please take note.

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 10
Thank you also, LK. You guys have been very helpful and it hasn't gone unnoticed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us