118 tweak help needed

Username: Sandyr

Post Number: 1
Hi All,
First of all I have to say this is a very good forum. Been following this forum as a guest for some time and today I decided to join in.

I have a 33 inch dish , sv 1000 reciever and pointed to 119 with the cb2008a lnb. I adjusted the dish to get 90 to 100 % qlty on 119 and trying to tweak the 118.

The lnb is mounted on the stock holder by the throat. I get the first tp - 11715 with 15 to 25% qlty and then the 11806 with 15% qlty but not getting any of the other tp's , all remain zero qlty with 70 % signal.

How to get in the other tp's? The indian channels are spread from 11745 to 12142 tp's. I need to tune them all.

Help needed from the experts here please.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1714
sandy
very good system for this
try to aligned whit this:

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/ dont point on your house

Take an special attention on skew

Post Number: 2
did try the settings plymouth. most people say to try the max good qlty on 119 and to lock it down and then tweak for 118.

thats is whats puzzling as i am not able to get anything with that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1715
sandy adjust skew
And if you live in east Canada 33" is tight for 118.75W

Post Number: 3
i don't get what u mean by

" 33" is tight for 118.75W"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1718
sandy
i want to say 33" is small in my location in north east, a little bit out of beam and receive only some channels.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10128
CB2008A
This is the LNB for the new 118W (Anik F3 / 118.7W / 118.8W) satellite. With this special LNB, you can get BOTH 118 and 119 at the same time!

Works with both Free-to-Air and Original DN Receivers!
Requires: 30-inch or larger dish. 20' oval may work but is unreliable and YOU WILL MISS some channels.
Compatible with DirecTV, Free-to-Air (DiSEqC, 22KHz), and
legacy switches (SW21, SW44, etc)
Not compatible with DishPro switches and/or DishPro (stacked) LNB's

SPECS

Polarization: Circular
Input Frequency: 11.70 - 12.75 GHz
LO Frequency: 10.750 GHz
Noise: 0.5 dB

Dual-output (ready for 1 or 2 receivers). Each output will give you both 118.7W and 119W.

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
Using a 30-inch or larger dish, aim with the following settings:

Satellite Name: 118A°W (Anik F3) or 119A°W (Echo7)
LNB Type: Standard (or Single)
LO Frequency: 10750 or 10600 MHz
Finally, do an AUTO SCAN or a BLIND SCAN

For some the following settings may work better or give you more channels:

LNB Type: Universal
LO Frequency: 9750 MHz
HI Frequency: 11750 MHz

ALTERNATIVE SETUP
The lnb is good for 118.7, but may not receive all channels/transponders for 119 as the highest frequency of the LNB is 12.2 GHz. The normal 119 LNB goes up to 12.70 GHz. According to lyngsat (http://www.lyngsat*com/packages/dish119.html) the highest transponder frequency in use now is 12.516GHz.

You may get around this by doing two scans. One with LNB frequency set at 10750 or even lower and then another scan with LNB frequency set at 11250. alternatively scan each one of the missing transponders of Echo 9 separately using LNB frequency 11250.

WHERE TO BUY: You can try ebay , search for Superdish type1 to 500+ repoint kit -part 148328. This contain the LNBs to retrofit the Superdish. If you have a 33" dish (other than Superdish) you can get the CB2008A lnb which will get 118.7 and 119. CB2008A is available at ebay and many other online stores. <b> this is one of the hottest items on the market, so please do not ask '" just Google for it and you will find it.

MECHANICAL CONSIDERATIONS: CB2008A cannot directly replace the 119 LNB on the Superdish. Superdish lnb for 119 has a special bracket. If you are good mechanically ,you could probably figure a way to mount it on the Superdish; - it is not impossible. Iit requires a rectangular mount similar to those of DTV. The mount for Dish LNB have one side that is semicircular.
If you have a Superdish the best bet it to get the Superdish type1 toDish 500+ repoint kit part#148328.

Caution:
There are many on this forum whose only purpose in life is to try and ruin my posts or discredit me. The write up above is modified (deliberately) from what is already available and posted in another very reputable forum over 6 months ago. I have checked each statement to make sure it conforms to my own knowledge about it.

Post Number: 4
thanks for the detailed info Nalin. As my dish is in set up in the backyard fence, I adjusted the dish to a certain extent of 90 to 100% range qlty in 119 and had to add a magic bracket to do the tweak for 118.

I am usng a chieta heavy duty diseq switch. I could get upto 60% on the last tp i.e 12155 of 118 and reaches to 20 % in 12033.
I know I have to fine tune further. It's eally a major pain to catch most of the tp's with good strength for 118. but the magic bracket really helped a lot in fine tuning for this sat.

I am using
lnb type : single
freq : 10750
tp : 11715 [for the scan ]

Gold Member

Post Number: 1736
sandy
Where are you located(Prov. or state)
if you are in center you can have good signal but if you are in north east you are out of zone and thats why the signal is lower.
Buy a cheap sat finder for aligned your dish.
Good luck

Post Number: 5
I am in Toronto, Ontario.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10157
"I am using
lnb type : single "

Use Universal or circular.

Post Number: 6
I guess u got me wrong. The lnb I am using is cb2008a lnb and it is set as "single" in the settings.

If I use "Universal" I don't get any qlty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1745
Sandy
You can use a signal booster for 5$ to 10$
that give you more channels

Post Number: 7
thanks plymouth will check that one out.

this one should be ok right?

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Switches/inline_amplifier.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
I'm not able to acess the site, but sadoun is a good place

Gold Member

Post Number: 1768
OK now i see
Yes this is the right one, you put it between switch and receiver for better result if your switch is outdoor, if not near of LNB

Post Number: 8
ok will try that one this weekend.
One more question for u - Is it ok to place the chieta heavy duty diseq switch outdoors? Haven't heard anybody who has used it outdoor. I thought I would make a DIY case for it so that it is not directly in the bad weather outside . esp. during winter times.
any tips for a DIY case for it is appreciated.
thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us