Samsung HL 5087W Problem

Username: Linmk2

Port Arthur, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I own a HL 5087W Samsung, which I've enjoyed very much since it's purchase in Oct 2005. I've looked over many of the posts, but I don't see any set behaving like mine. About two months ago a white dot, much like a pixel, appeared on my screen slightly left and below dead center. It would appear, and then disappear as quickly. Sometimes I would not see it again for weeks. Now, after the set has been on for about 30 minutes or so, that pesky dot makes itself known each day. It's very noticeable on darker back grounds. It will flicker, then go away then come back. The set is still under an extended service plan that I wisely bought when I purchased the TV. The tech is suppose to come Tuesday. My question, does any one know what is causing the problem? I would like to be a little knowable when the guy show up. My fear is, currently to picture is great, save for the infamous dot, I don't want the service guy to screw up the picture. If this anomaly were anywhere else on screen, it would not be so bothersome. Do you think the repair will alter the picture performance? Thanks in advance for your help.

Howard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us