Hooking up my DVD to my older TV with "R" thingee

That should tell you I have no idea what I am doing. I need to hook up my DVD..I have a VCR hooked up now but it is broken and I am just going to get rid of it..so I want to hook up my DVD to the "r" thing I got a Radio Shack (they told me I needed it since my TV did not have someting). At any rate..I am hopelessly lost..does anyone have any idea what to do???

Steve parr
Dear Cheryl Galvin

I believe I can help you, you say that your dvd player uses a set of R.C.A. in-puts. if your tv has an antenna hook-up, you simply need to buy an R.C.A. adapter. It workt something like this...... You have the two or three in-puts in the back, hook those up to your dvd player, they are color coded, then there are two "F" connectors, one will say tv. And the other will say ant.(antenna) hook-up the one that says "out to tv" then turn on your dvd player aand tv. Make sure that your tv is set to ch.
3 or 4. That should do it.

Derek
Cheryl, see http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F003%5F010%5F009%5F000&product%5Fid=15%2D2525. That will solve your problem.

$1 RCA to F adapters will NOT solve your problem. You picture will remain blank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us