Converted to PUFF, Need Help

Bronze Member
Username: Orbitekcomm

Post Number: 69
I followed the instructions to convert to Puff and now it is saying scrambled channels on every channel. I loaded to frank 262 bin. What did I do wrong? Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10079
Did you go through full conversion procedure?
Please read at:

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Bronze Member
Username: Adrenalyzer

Post Number: 44
USE puff, DNload boot 60 1rst, with 2700-2500 loader, when finished DNloading, wait until you have knight rider lights, leave unit on.
THEN DNload puff cam am 253 bin,when finished DNload, then DON'T touch unit until it says on. Then turn unit off. Get latest puff bin-262, use loader, B.L 1.4.0. then turn on unit, and then it will read, P, then U, then F, then click write bin. When finished, wait until unit says on. Turn off, Then hook up to tv, do a blind scan 1rst, if your hitting more than 1 bird, then do sat scan on the rest. P.S Make sure you use all puff boot and bins, "K" Kool

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Yes Nalin, I did everything on these steps and still says scrambled channels. The only thing I didnt do was channel saving. I can see only dishnetwork install channel. Please help.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10080
rich castello: When you convert first time or often with a new BIN installation, the whole setup and scanning gets wiped out. That is the reason for saving it for the next time.
Look at sections E-F-G of the installation instructions to get everything properly installed.
Start by turning the switch off at back and turn it on after 30-40 seconds.
You have another 30-40 minutes of work before you become active.
I found that while you are scanning, the autoroll works and the new keys roll in before the scan finishes. However, this may not be so with all receivers and locations. The autoroll may take a long time - so when you have done everything, just have a bite to eat or a long cup of coffee leaving the receiver ON.

Good luck.

-

Bronze Member
Username: Locnoir

Post Number: 69
Nalin, is Puff bin file as same as Puff_LZMA bin file? My PS2500 has been converted to PUFF_LZMA, and I do not see Puff_LZMA bin 262 in public.box.net/2500_full_kit.
Thanks,

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10086
Please read the files in the root directory at:

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Is it a must to install channels using channel master? I already see all the channels, but they say scrambled channel. If it is a must, can you provide a link for it? Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10089
Channel Master is available at:
http://www.sharpc.com

If you are very comfortable with restarting everything from scratch you do not have to use channel master.
The whole process, if you have a recent scan in your receiver, takes about 5 minutes to install new BIN and channels and have it functional.
If you do not use channel master, it takes about 15-20 minutes.

Bronze Member
Username: Adrenalyzer

Post Number: 47
when it says scramble channels, you have to give it time to auto-roll in new keys, this can take 5mins or an hour, depending, try shuting unit off and on from back, to speed up the process,
Puff bin 262 works fine, but when installed, it doesn't have current keys, again, you have to wait unit auto-roll inputs new keys

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
thanks ed.

Nalin, How does 1 use and load channel master. I have it open and not sure what to do next? Thanks.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10093
Detailed instructions are there.
The executable file is "stbce" about 2560 KB long.
The cable is the same as you have been using (2500 or FLU type straight RS232).
You must remember that channel master requires you tell it that it is a "Pansat 2700 or 3500".
The other thing you might like to remember, is that "read from stb" and "write to stb" are on the tool bar under Tools.
In the software there are a lot of Edit features, but that you can learn slowly over a period of time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us