Magic card or DSS Rev Card ?

Unregistered guest
What exactly is the difference in these 2 cards. They both sound like they do about the same thing. Both Plug and Play cards ,neither need to be programmed. Which one is better, i'll probably keep my minimum Dishnet subscription. I have 3 different reciever models (3)with the Blue cards and one has the newer yellow card. Wil they all work. If someone can help that would be great. Iv'e emailed a few different internet sites that sell them but none want to email me back or they email info i did not ask for .

Arman
Unregistered guest
The big difference is that the "DSS rev" is the older technology and is not supported anymore. That is why it is cheaper. I am looking people who are using Magiccard to get some feedback.

Unregistered guest
I just ordered one today, I'll post my opinion soon.

stork1
Unregistered guest
For me the MC works great, I've had no problems with it and I use it in married-sub mode. All channels are open and I'm not even subd with Dish. If you want moe info on MC go to dssmili.com and enter the forum and click on magic card forum.

hope this helps you out.

Anonymous

If I were to start testing Dish Net...
What all would I need?

Magic card, receiver that works w/ jtag, what else???

some people have said that after pointing the satelite correctly, you can use a Direct tv satelite. Is that true?

stork1
Unregistered guest
You can use the direct tv dish, single LNB. You can also get yourself SW21 and connect them to 2 single LNBs . One LNB for the 110 and the second LNB for 119. This set up will work great. Hope this helps

Username: Pawnmaster

Post Number: 4
Magic Cards are a great new tecnology. Though still in its infancy, many testers are working together to help develop the cards code. Honestly the card was released too early and therefore there has been many set backs. Yes fixes are available quickly, and the support is good. I personally have over 25 of the cards and the root of any programming problems anyone has had thusfar has been that the cards are cheaply made, and because they need programming so often (for now)the contacts wear prematurely and you get errors and programming issues. Solution? i have discovered that you need to re-tin the contacts and the card works fine. The beauty of the card? It works for all providors, Dish, Bell, Cabo, Globalcast etc.....Can we make it work for Daves dish????? Time will tell! Check out www.datastreamz.net

Anonymous

yes.
thanks for the help.

Anonymous

i have 2 dish recievers 0ne is a 3700 with a rom 10 and the other is a 3900 with a rom 10 can both of these be used with a magic card ?? will it be difficult? new to this

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
why not get the rom10 cards unlocked and use those?

Anonymous

bill s thanks for advice. i dont know to much about this i still have to get a programmer i was reading info on the magic cards and i thought it was a plug n play just trying to figure this out the easiest way for now thanks

Anonymous

"bill s thanks for advice. i dont know to much about this i still have to get a programmer i was reading info on the magic cards and i thought it was a plug n play just trying to figure this out the easiest way for now thanks"

I was thinking the same here...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
The beauty of the Magic Cards is they come with a programmer, I have 6 left, to do the Rom10 cards, you need to get them unlocked (about $25 each) then get all the software you need (free) and then buy an ISO programmer (about $100 for a good one) You would also need the boxkey from your reciever and to get it you would need to buy a JTag (about $50)and get some more software (free) The Magic card in married sub mode just needs to be programmed with the software (free) and put in with your access card. No boxkeys or anything!

jhaas
Unregistered guest
thanks for the info

Anonymous

pawn master thanks for the help

Some Testing Guy
Unregistered guest
So the magic cards sorta act like a AVR board then? Can they be used by themselves? Like programmed like a rom 3 ,10 so on?

Username: Mrpeabody

Post Number: 1
Hey Bill S.
Do i need an active account to use the majic card? And what is a good ISO progammer for me to get? Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
The magic Cards come with a programmer of their own, you dont need a sub (although you do need a valid CamID to keep it going) And yes you can use them Camless (without an access card to open all channels

T Boom
Unregistered guest
Read up on the posts on other sites about the problems most people have (including myself) with the programmers that come with the card. They rarely work. Apparently the cards are dandy (if you can program them) but lots of folks have tried for weeks to get their programmers working to no avail. They seldom work with Win XP and most are using Win 98 on older machines. Mine will not work at all on my XP sys. and works with errors (so still no good) on my laptop with Win. 98. If they come up with a quality programmer (who cares if it's $5 or $10 more) It'll be a good product.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
It has been discovered that the issue is not with the programmers, but with the cards them selves. Although a wonderful piece of Magic, to save a little money, maybe, they are fairly cheaply made. Repeated inserting and removal of the cards into the recievers and the programmers causes wear on the card contacts. The solution I have found is to re-tin the contacts on the cards with some good solder, or gold solder, or to add a contact like the ones on the regular access cards as I have done (pictured below) Hope this helps, and yes the folks at Magic are aware of the problems, and hopefully a solution is forthcomming.

Upload
Upload

Anonymous

if anyone is selling a magic card and a programmer please e-mail me at specialopsteamleader@hotmail.com

rhtny
Unregistered guest
will the magic card work on my new system? it has a card slot but apparently does not have a card.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 38
If there is a slot ther is a spot!

darrylw31
Unregistered guest
i have a magic card n programmer . as i program card when i put in reciever i get error . that card not inserted right .. can someone help me .. thanks

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 81
Sounds like you either entered the wrond CamID, Boxkey or Card password.

If you get Smart card not inserted correctly ?
==============================================================

Remove card and go to default info screen. Observe Smart Card ID # and line beneath it.
If Smart Card ID = S00000000000 and line beneath is empty, then card was not programmed correctly.
If Smart Card ID = S0000000000000 and line beneath is DNASP003Rev3......
Then card was programmed correctly, but you entered the wrong password. Check your password

Bronze Member
Username: Raysonawav

Post Number: 13
Magicusertoo,I already have a programmer.Will you sell just a card to someone in the US? Is that easier to get across?

Username: Mrpeabody

Post Number: 2
I have a question that is not related to majic cards. Can anybody tell me the best way to unlock a rom 10 that is at rev 23. I get the message backdoor disabled. thanks in advance for your help.

LocalHero
Unregistered guest
Hi all.This is Carlos form Spain.We are really interested in this new card called Magic Card.Could you give a clue about how much (around) it cost there.?.We listened something like 150 $.Is this true?

Thanks a lot, mates.

lonewolf
Unregistered guest
local hero u can go to www.magiccard.tv to get all the info u need on the magic card. and ur welcome!!!!

Username: Trae1170

I bought my Magic Card and had problems getting it programmed also. I finally got it programmed then I kept getting an error when I installed it. I finally got it all figure out and I now have all Dishnetwork has to offer( all Local channels, all paid channels, all Adult channels, all PPV, all audio......everything. Below are a few things I figured out and the setup I am using.

I'm using:

Dp301.10 reciever

using the Magic Card in "Married-Sub" mode

Windows XP (on my computer)

I plugged the programmer directly into the back of my computer, do not use a cord in between programmer and parellel port.

Slide a plastic card(credit card,ect.)in the programmer with the magic card so it is a tighter fit. This insures the contacts touch.

When your programming your card if you get an error and it does not complete or just freezes up, stop the program (Ctrl,Alt,Delete - then start the program up again)this time try changing the programming speed (there is a slide bar in the middle right side of the programming software. Some people need to make it slower but I actually had to speed it up to get it to complete.

After the Magic Card is programmed (should only take 5-10 min.), slide the Magic Card about 3/4 of the way in the slot on the reciever then start sliding your access card in over top.It will be a tight fit. I had to slide the 2 of them in a few times to get the slot to expand a bit.(The biggest issue is not getting the two cards in all the way, I pushed the 2 of them in as far as I could get them then I tried jiggling them side to side then pushed them in again. As long as you don't bend them up or down you should not break the magic card.). Once you think you have them in all the way unplug your reciever from the wall for about a minute(hard reset), then plug it in again. Hit the power button on the reciever. Wait about a minute (you might come up with an error message but don't do anything yet...just wait a minute)and it should start searching for channels (this takes a couple of minutes),you should then get the guide and you should have everything.

I did use alot of should's in the instructions but this is what I found to work for me. I think the latest Magic Software is version 2.2.5, this has the PPV fix.

Hope this helps someone.

LocalHero
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your information, lonewolf.It was really valious.

Cheers,

Carlos

Anonymous

if anyone is interested in Magic Cards,please email me at: JaroslawT_2003@yahoo.com

PS: References Available.

Unregistered guest
Hi:
I do have a problem, after inserting mc in receiver, it will not download. I get message 015 and061 and it just keep repeating these two codes. Does anyone have experience in downloading. I have a 3900 receiver with an autolock.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 90
Running dishnet I assume, You must let the reciever update (download) and reset itself before using the Magic Card. And anyone looking for Magic Cards here already knows to look here, having sold over 100 to forumn members. PM me (not an anonymous user)

Username: Fergy56

have a magic card but no password any ideas??

Username: Mike44

Phoenix, Arizona

I just want to let everybody know that i bought 2 magic cards off Jaroslaw a week ago,paid by new internet service called ikobo.com,received 2 magic cards with 2 programmmers today,cards came brand new in the plastic
JAROSLAWT1977 COMES HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !!!

Username: Srs244

Quebec City, Quebec Canada

FEEDBACK ON JAROSLAWT1977

I'll second that,i just received 7 Magic cards after 2 days delay,Jaroslawt1977 is not only a good salesman but a great person,thanks again and i will place my second order soon.

Milton
Unregistered guest
JAROSLAWT1977

Haven't heard from you...everything OK...with Browser yet...?...

Arredondo
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have one of those DVR 510 that Dishnetwork gave with the promotion, but I dont know if the Magic Card will work with it. I dont know what type of card it came with, but it was a yellow one.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 103
Yes it will work with your reciever, You can run it Camless in any reciever as long as you have the boxkeys.

Arredondo
Unregistered guest
But I want to use it in married mode, or something like that, when I use the suscription I already have.

Does it work with the yellow card I have??

By the way, thanks a lot.

Arredondo
Unregistered guest
But will it work in Married Mode with the yellow card it came?? By the way, what type of card is it?

Thanx a lot

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 113
Yellow card is a Rom101, 102 or 103, it will work in blocker mode with these cards just fine.

Arredondo
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot man.

Unregistered guest
GUYS I AM NEW T THIS AND wondering how to find out wherther your card is ROM 10 or not, and if it is ROM 10 how to unlock it. Where can I get the best price for a Magic Card???

Dishlover
Unregistered guest
HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANX IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 127
Sorry dish lover, here are the Rom types and such, I do have Magic Cards if you need one too. Email me.

There is a small # printed on the bottom corner of the card should say "nagra(ID) DA-05" the DA-05 part tells you what kind it is.

IRD Firmware:

Model 1000 Current firmware : E405
Model 2700 Current firmware : E451
Model 3000 Current firmware : E412
Model 3100 Current firmware : E469
Model 3500 Current firmware : E412
Model 3700 Current firmware : E408
Model 4000 Current firmware : E416
Model 4500 Current firmware : E416
Model 4700 Current firmware : E480
Model 5100/5800 Current firmware : E444
Model 6000 Current firmware : E460

ROMs

288-01 ROM2
288-02 ROM3
288-03 ROM10
288-04 ROM3
288-05 ROM3
288-06 ROM3
288-07 ROM3
288-08 ROM3
288-09 ROM10
288-10 Some Rom3 & rest Rom10
325-01 ROM3
A2012 ROM3
A2013 ROM10
AA-01 ROM3
AA-02 ROM3
AA-03 ROM10
288-11 ROM10
DN03 ROM10
DA-02 ROM10
DA-03 ROM10
DA-04 ROM10
DA-05 ROM11
AA-04 ROM11 (not programmable yet)
AA-05 ROM101 (not programmable yet)
AA-06 ROM101 (not programmable yet)
AA-07 ROM101 (not programmable yet)

HH
Unregistered guest
Ok. This is my experience: I bought MC and tried to insert with my Rom into the IRC (3120) in the marrid-sub mode. It was very tight so it broke my IRC card reader ! I have to buy another reciever for $200 !

Think twice before buying a Magic card !

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 135
Wow I cant see that, but if you say it happened, I believe you, why can you just not replace the card slot (about $3 at an electronics shop)and go from there? If not sell me your reciever!!

Unregistered guest
Having trouble with Yellow AA-07 card. I inserted it into my 301 reciever and I keep getting error 019 "card inserted incorrectly". It will not even allow me to enter the setup menu to figure out the Azimuth Elevation, or Skew options. I'm very new to all this, and am wondering if card is any good. When I remove card and get important system Infomation screen. the Smart card Id is S0000000000-00 and under that it says DNASP102REV103. IS there a Password somewhere I should know about? The system was supposed to be brand new

Anonymous

Go 2 www.dssareana.com 4 the Magic Card (MC) its $80 with the programmer and with out $76.

need to know
Unregistered guest
magicusertoo, I'm very interested in the magic cards. But before I buy one from you I was wanting to know if your cards are ready to plug and play, also around how long do they stay up for before going down and when they do go down where do I get the new fix? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered guest
I have ordered 6 cards from Jaroslaw1977 myself, where are you guy? Got a email on the 14th saying mail via fedex economy, no tracking and no information. Anyone ordered and got them recently?

Unregistered guest
I have ordered 6 cards from Jaroslaw1977 myself, where are you guy? Got a email on the 14th saying mail via fedex economy, no tracking and no information. Anyone ordered and got them recently?

Unregistered guest
I just ordered also from Jaroslaw1977....no package yet....I sure hope it wasn't a scam...I will let you know if I get mine soon...

Anonymous

Does anybody has idea, whether magic card works with Dishnet D301.013 type receiver? I'm planning to use it in married sub mode. I have yellow access card(NAGARA Vision) from DISH.

Username: Bluedish51

I just recently purchased a Dish DVR 921 system. It comes with a "Yellow Card" I wantif it will work with a Magic Card. I have a dish subscription and I want to use it in the married mode. If I cant use it with the married mode can I use it stand alone? Will it work with this 921 system or will it fit both of them the yelllow card and magic card at the same time? Wont the slot be to small for them to fit? Does anyone know how get the keys for this box? I know this is a fairly new system, but does anyone know how to work with it and make it work with magic cards?? NEED HELP in this matter. What do I need and where can i find more info. Thanks

Anonymous

I have Dish 3900. I just bought Magic Card. Just yesterday I got ECM'd. What to do I even tried to program it the super code did not work and was using the married sub. I am stuck with it can someone help me I also bought this card from dssarena.com. what could be the problem? Why I cannot program it even with the supercode way according to the instruction on the magiccardtv.com.

PigFish
Unregistered guest
I sent funds to Jaroslaw1977 on 7/13. He said he shipped by Canada Post on 7/14. He said it would take 5 days but there has been no sign of the goods. I have sent emails and have gotten no reply. I hope it wasn't a scam also.

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 137
Jarslow trued to sell mee cards, at $2000 CDN for 100 cards, asked for refrences and nothing checked. Carefull whom you choose to send your money to. If it sounds too good to be true (ie:cheap) it probably is. Still $95 magic cards and programmers, selling over 200 a week. No problems as of yet. 1 System crash with a few lost orders, other than that everything seems to be fine. Email me if you need a card.

please explain
Unregistered guest
magicusertoo do the magic cards work for both bev and dish with the same software? And appox how long do they stay up for on subbed mode? Rufly.

Username: Bluedish51

Post Number: 2
I have a DIsh 921 system with a yellow AA-06 ROM101. Can I use the magic card with this system. What are my options? I think a MAgic card and the yellow card woudl be a tight fit in the card slot? What can I do or you guys recomcnd. Is there anyway to get the keys out of this box? Any info about this system woudl be appreciated. I have the basic system package if that helps in the info. Thanks...

PigFish
Unregistered guest
Jaroslaw1977 is a scam. He spoofed his Hotmail account. He has no Hotmail account. He said he was in Mississauga,Ontario. His ip of 67.71.120.222 traceroutes through Toronto.

Username: Smilingjack

Galveston, Texas U. S. A.

I have a problem with magic card / programmer.
I just bought a whole new rig from Polaris. The J-Tag worked ok but the programmer resuses to 'detect' my card. I tried all the 'suggestions' of the programmer and some I found at forums around the web, none worked. I e-mailed polaris, was suprised they answered right away, but all they said was to try another computer. Apparently 'fail to detect' and 'freezing at step 31' are common problems, found a lot of people complaining about them. Wonder how many computers they are going to want me to try, only have 7.
Is there anyone out there with a new idea how to get past this detection problem, like I said all this stuff is new, unpacked it today.

lonewolf
Unregistered guest
john reihley listen all u have to do is go to www.bellexpress.vu and go into the getting started section and scroll down to where u see magic card it will take u step by step through the whole process. and u can also click into there forums and search for people with the same problem u r getting and they have all the answers there. no one helped me through the process and i got it working. if u have a brand name computer u will get the error u r getting just go into the site it also gives u the program which u can download and program ur mc. hope this helps! and good luck!

Unregistered guest
I just got dish network with the dish312 and dish311 will MC work on these recievers and what do I need to protect myself from being detected ?--any help would be great

Anonymous

Free Files And Support Enter: www.dssmexicali.com

Silver Member
Username: Hackman

Spartaburg, S.C. United States

Post Number: 172
Magic cards got hit also. Same time they hit bev and Fta. Their is a fix for the magic card in dssrookie.

Anonymous

I have a ? for anyone
Is a smart card the same as a magic card?
I would appreciate any info.

Bronze Member
Username: Fryguy

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 48
um no, read above anonymous!

Want Tv
Unregistered guest
Thank's again.

Username: Ibold

Mission, BC Canada

Can Magic Cards be used on receivers that have eprom locks installed?

Silver Member

Barrington Passage, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 143
hell yah

jose1971
Unregistered guest
Can someone tell me if the magic card can be used with any receiver? I've got a manhattan starlight mx and i wanted to get a magic card to open all the channels on hispasat 30W
Thanks

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 163
Does it use a CAM? and doest the network use a Nagra signal? If so then it may be possible but i dont know what network that is, I have never heard of it myself.

jose1971
Unregistered guest
The receiver comes with embedded matrix reloaded.The network uses nagravision 2.Network called digital + and useS same nagra encryption as TV CABO.Both on the HISPASAT 30West.What would I need for getting all the ppv channels with a magic card?. Can i do it with any other cards?
Thank you again

Username: Mastiff

Ivanbold:: I live near Abby. Where do you recommend I get the Magic card and programmer?

Unregistered guest
I have the 311 and 522 receivers, will the magic card work in them. I am new to this. They are subbed, how would I extract the box key?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 189
J-tag to get the box keys if its a j-tagable model. The atmega128 cards are cheeper and just as relyable as the magic cards in my experience so far. save your money and get a atmega128.

Peter Griffin
Unregistered guest
I don't have a parallel port on my computer (new laptop) is there such a thing as a USB programmer fro the MagicCard

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 227
Peter Griffin, you can get a USB to parallel adaptor but i don't know if they will work properly because of the timing required and the driver used for it to show up as a parallel port. Also I'm not sure if it will get the required power to the Atmega, but it should if its getting the power from the USB buss, actually it should be better then the parallel port it self. You can try one out; worse thing that can happen is that it that it won't work.

Unregistered guest
Is there A script for the dss rev? if so does anyone know how i can get it?

Anonymous

I currently have an 811 for HDTV with a subscription (the card is built into the 811).

I'm thinking of doing the following...
Buying a 6000 and getting an access card (which version? and direct from Dish?)
Do I need to marry the 6000 to the access card and subscribe legitimately at first?
Then getting a magic card, using the sub number and opening all the channels (but paying only for the minimum subscription).
I'm not in full understanding if I need to get a JTAG.
Also don't know if I need a digilock and/or whether the 6000 can even use one.

What's the best thing to get access here? Again I'd like to get HDTV and pay the minimum subscription, but the 811 doesn't have a card (although it has an internal card and I have the number), and one cannot pull off the 811 boxkey.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 279
The easiest, cheapest, most upgradeable way to go would be to use an Atmega128 card, especially if you're new to testing. You can use a j-tag to get the box keys and you don't need to marry the card to the receiver with an Atmega128, you will with running plastic (ROM card). That being said, to marry a card to the receiver you'll need a sub and with the atmega128 you don't need a sub at all for it to work (Just letting you know it can be done, though that's stealing and not for educational and/or testing purposes that way, so pay for what you normally use). With the 6000 its like all the other IRD's you will want a D-lock installed, it just makes it so that the TSOP can't be hit by an ECM and if it is just unplug (or cheat and use a remote controlled power outlet :-D < $30 for one) and plug back in and your good to go again. No pulling out the j-tag to erase a SA on the TSOP and it means no more location ID 00000001's.

Anonymous

FryGuy:

I haven't seen a D-lock for the 6000. Is there such a thing out there?

Also, why the Atmega 128 (which I've read is down for now) vs. the magic card (which is up)?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 280
yes, and i'm sure i have the schemtics for the 6000 some where or you can find them around on the web.

The Atmega ia a microprocessor thats fully programable so it can emulate any rom version depending on the rom image on the card. A magic card and dss rev i'm sure that they can only do rom3 thats soon going to die in the future. Where did you hear that the atmega was down and what network? I'm on testing on BEV and i got it to work again easily.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 281
The 6000 is a bit of an odd ball IRD.
I have a few Corrections to make. They can't be D-locked (At least I can't find the schematics for a d-lock on that model) and they seem like they don't need to be (they don't get hit like most IRD's) just backup with a j-tag and hope you never have to use the backup or erase a SA ( 3100 = SA3 in flash 1, 2700/2800/3700 = SA5, 3800/3900/4700/4900 = SA30, 5100/5800 = SA54 in flash 2, 6000 = SA30 in flash 1) on the TSOP.

Also the magic card seems to be microprocessor based like/similar the Atmega128, and with the eeprom/Flash memory it can have any rom image version that works in the future to emulate. The DSS REV cards I'm still not totally sure if they are microprocessor based with eeprom/flash memory that can be updated to any future rom version. Because of the amount of memory and the sped of the cards it determines the future upgradeability. It's amazing that people still use the old AVR boards still because of the limited memory and how slow the microprocessor is.

If you decide to go plastic it looks like the models 2300, 7200, and 6000 have better but limited 3M support and don't get targeted as much if they do. The 3M for Charlie is virtually dead. With that said if you get an open ROM10 card use limited tiers, you should be fine for a while.

Anonymous

Fryguy:
You stated that the magic card can only emulate ROM3. I don't believe this is accurate at all. Many sites (and the manufacturer themselves) state:
-Full autoroll using ROM3/10/11 emulation.
-Support for ROM101/102/103 cards.

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 293
Read above anonymous, I had corrected my remark. I wasnt sure at the time of posting and had to look it up. There is rumor that when ROM3 is shut down that Magic Cards and DSS REV won't work anymore, I guess thats not true for the magic cards.

BTW, Anyone know what the chip (IC) is on the magic card and/or have the schematics?

Unregistered guest
smart card is not inserted correctly? what am i doing rong

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 297
Check that you have your numbers typed correctly. Be sure to Generate a valid ROM3 CAM ID with scammers.

Anonymous

I have a magic card, and a new receiver married (I believe) to a AA-07 card (reading above this is ROM101).

What do I do?
Do I call in an subscribe to the ROM101?
Can I use the magic card with this access card?
Should I use the magic card with the above access card?
Would it be a good idea to get another ROM3 card? (And related details - must be open, virgin, must program it with something, etc.).

I'm not clear on how/where and whether I'm better of getting a ROM3 card that is subbbed and married that I then run the magic card with?
Keep in mind I do have a subscription but its currently through one of the new IRD's with no access cards.

igo
Unregistered guest
i am installing dish network. if I buy a magic card with a programmer and put the magic card instead of my existing card will i be able to get all the chanels available?

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 304
Yes it can.

Anonymous

No, you won't get the HD channels or any Nagra2 encrypted channels. Apparently nothing will get those yet.
I don't know if you run in Rom10x blocker mode if you'll get those channels with the 10x card and the other channels with the magic card. Does anyone know or tried this?

Happy buyer
Unregistered guest
I paid $27 for Atmega-128 that is half the price I normally spent. Received my Tracking number the next day & my order arrived within 1 week from HongKong. Professional packaging. 15 minutes later, Bam watching TV. Highly recommended & defininately I will buy again. I'm keeping the Hongkong stamps as bonus.

www.dssteam.com

a happy tester

Username: Chuckwagon

Walla Walla, WA US

Does anybody think that we will be able to hack into directv and get free programming ever again?

OldTimer
Unregistered guest
I just received my order from www.DssTeam.com and I must say I am very happy with the product quality and price. I team up with my friends to buy a 10-pack Atmega-128 for $220. It works out to $22 each - what a deal. Yes, they did shipped from hongkong. I ordered last Wednesday & I got mine today (7 days turn around).
Recommeded!

Unregistered guest
Hi guys I have a Rom10-RevA23 and `ISO' programmer
I can read every think, except I get a message that said:
`Unable to login, bad password detected'
Can anybody can help me to find that password?
I tryed with DEADBEEFBAADFOOD, but did not work
Thanks

Unregistered guest
hi i have a 3120 reciever on the back of my card it hasnagraex-04 it is a blue bell card can any one help me to get it up and running or what can i do to open up the card or a magic card i am new and confused

Unregistered guest
HI CAN ANY ONE HELP ME I HAVE A BELL 3100 RECIEVER WITH A BELL EXPRESSVU BLUE CARD NAGRA ID EX-04 WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY CARD OPEN AND WILL A MAGIC CARD WORK FOR ME

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 342
If you get a Magic Card, you wont need to open your plastic. An Atmega is another type of CAM replacement card. (Note: Please watch your CAPS)

Unregistered guest
sorry for the caps thank you fryguy.ca so a magic card will work for me for sure if so can you help me get the right one

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 347
Right one? A magic card is a magic card.

worried consumer
Unregistered guest
I just wanna let everybody do not order anything from this web page www.dss4stuff.com I been waiting for my magic card for a month i call pay pal and explain the situation and they are giving me back my money www.dss4stuff.com

Unregistered guest
hi can any one tell me where i can buy a magic card for a bell 3100 dss

Unregistered guest
Looking for download site for the latest Jeepers software program. Currently running 2.2.2 but can't seem to get the card to work.

Unregistered guest
I have three magic cards with programmer for sale,
i also have at least four NOS of dtv systems...420re's...5th generation..i have never subbed...new boxes are complete..they have virgin p3 cards but since they have never been subbed..dtv will send you a brand new card and if you sub from dtv already...this gets tacked on as a $4.99 slave unit...i also have two dish receivers model 3000 that each have a open ROM-2 card in them,ahve been out of the stream for a couple years now....these will go quick,email me at,thanks acatfishpond@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I just had DishNet installed with 4 receivers ... today I just ordered 4 Magic Card2 ... only to find that I may not be able to use these Magic Card 2's with the receivers that they installed (Dish 311). Is this in fact true??? PLEASE HELP ..... extremely distraught ...

Bronze Member
Username: Cancom

Post Number: 27
"I just had DishNet installed with 4 receivers ... today I just ordered 4 Magic Card2 ... only to find that I may not be able to use these Magic Card 2's with the receivers that they installed (Dish 311). Is this in fact true??? PLEASE HELP ..... extremely distraught ... "

Yes, the 311's are camless = [no card].

Magic cards are now asking $$$$ for programming as well..BULS**T!! Why go the way of the dinosaur? Go emulation as it is freely distributed. $20 for an internal max&mel emu kit INCLUDING AIRMAIL DELIVERY!

cancom

Unregistered guest
HY, I JUST GOT THE MC WITH PROGRAMMER, BUT I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE TO PROGRAM THE CARD BEFORE INSERTING IT TO MY RECEIVER I HAVE A DP301 FROM DISH, I HAVE TRIED INSERTING THE CARD AND IT GIVES ME AN ERROR MASSAGE THE SAIDS CARD NOT COMPATIBLE WITH RECEIVER. ANYONE THANKS IN ADVANCE.

original lonewolf
Unregistered guest
liito, b4 u program ur mc u need a jtag to be able to read the boxkeys and serial# unless u hv em already. hope this helps! lonewolf

AA225
Unregistered guest
im new to this stuff and need to know some things...can i sign up for dish programming and have them install the satellite and receivers and use the magic card or do i have to get my own receivers and install the dish myself...any help would be greatly appreciated.....please post here or email me at altan.2@gmail(dot)com >thanks in advance

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 553
Most places won't let you buy a dish and receiver without them setting it up now days and its a free install anyway so why not! (here you need to get the free install or you can't buy it, they think it helps stop stealing?). After it's installed what you do it up to you. If its illegal, I don't want to know about it.

Unregistered guest
Was running MC on BEV 4000C receiver in Married Sub up until 2-3 weeks ago. Haven't been able to find a program to work since. Last run Magic 2.2.7. Anyone have any solutions.
'

Username: Alex_jorge

hello all. "Sorry my English"

I recently observe something in the new service that I have of Direct TV in my house, is this:

Whenever you order movies PPV by the receiver tries to contact to compañis of direct TV by the telephone adaptor line, and wait for acceptance to see the channel.

Guys you would not entertained you with cards and open the receiver to put things inside, instead of simply designing something that based on the same receiver is connected to where goes the telephone line, and autorize with a signal to see that channel?

If they know about it, please contact to me this is my email:

alexjorge33145@yahoo.com

I will begin with somebody to see the designs this modulate.

LK
Unregistered guest
IF DTV does NOT get a call from your receiver every month,it shuts down (call x731,732,733) your availability to order PPV's with the remote...but then U can order PPV's online via the DTV website,using your subscripion account info..the phone is only 1 communicator/tool to the card...modifying the receiver will not change the signals sent to the card via satellite...the card is the key,not the receiver..

Silver Member

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 600
I think he is saying, why don't they have a way to emulate the telephone hand-shake that takes place with PPV instead of modifying the IRD and other IRD hacks.

I have always wondered why that they don't simply do that. If you don't have a phone line attached you can still order and watch PPV just that it don't clear out of memory until the call is made to notify them of your viewing.

In theory the IRD can pick up all of the programming by itself. The CAM holds the authentication information and PPV in a non-volatile memory thats not made to be easily accessed by normal users.

It would sound easier to emulate the phone call the clear the PPV but the communication and authentication process must be much more complicated then using a card to emulate the CAM function with a wide-open tier.

NOTE: I'm going to be working a lot more on my business, so I won't be on the forum much from now on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us