Effect of Nagravision 3 on Nfusion

Bronze Member
Username: Trendsetter369

Post Number: 92
What will be the Effect of Nagravision 3 on Nfusion. Since Bell is already despatching Smart Cards and Dish is flexing its muscles by being in testing stage, Will Nfusion be also off on Nagra3.

What is the latest scene in Europe on Nfusion and others. What is working at present.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Any input on the subject matter

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2655
N3 in Europe is currently true black
FYI N3 is activated to BEV subscribers only
When N2 drops out
N3 will end PTA on all receivers not just nfusion
Our only source of PTA now is from N2
Both BEV and DN will fully switch to N3 before end of this year 2008
BEV much sooner
There is nothing we can do about that

But I do belive other sources of decryption will resurface upon N2 drout like D-cypher or V-guard but won't be N3 with do all respect to coders

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15280
IMO.Nagra3 will be a piece of cake for the coders...as easy as N2 was..

BTW...I believe U have already asked this EXACT same question before and received numerous replies already..

Silver Member
Username: Postergirl1

Post Number: 255
There are ppl already at work on n3. This will fall too.
The money and greed will insure it's demise.
Unfortunalty the manufacturer's will say we need new boxes to decrypt it .All bogus lies but they want more money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
Fta Nagra 3 fixes will be released just at the end of DN card swap,No reason to release before then.Make them fully complete the switch before any release .Issures nagra 3 for another couple yrs then.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
Thanks NN and LK.

Silver Member

Post Number: 261
C/P from royce site

"I am no expert, but I AM an observer to what has transpired over the last couple of years.
Free To Air receivers have been around more than a decade, but weren't that popular until they started offering solutions to pay provider's encryptions. This didn't happen until DTV tightened up their security issues with the P4.

In the beginning it was the "open source" devices that were first to incorporate algorithms to defeat certain encrypted signals. PCI DVB cards and Dreambox lead the way in opening up these services to the masses. With the ending of the HU stream, and the much tighter P4 platform, Companies already manufacturing a legal device (FTA makers), boldly made a move to increase their product sales. That move was to follow the lead of "open source" devices and incorporate the necessary algorithm in a "firmware" update. Private sources hired coders and adapted new "firmware" to existing units to create the first STB's that boldly offered an alternative to hacking cards. Blackbird was born. Their early units required "private ware" support, and the units were very pricey, but DID work as proclaimed. It didn't take Korea long to see the market for an FTA receiver with 3rd party software updates, that circumvented security features of providers Conditional Access Modules (cards).

Fortec steps up;

The first company to offer a public "free" solution to open secured signals was Fortec. One of their key engineers was assigned the task of "coding" a fix that would make their unit much more appealing to purchase. The name for that engineer was coined from the task at hand. He had to figure a way to incorporate a code to decrypt the signal of pay providers. He had to do this in his off time, & off company premises. Armed with only a notebook and knowlege of what needed to be done, he would sit in bars ALL of his spare time and write in C++ to perfect the code. Hence his nickname Al7bar..(short for ALL 7 days working in a bar till completed) Needless to say he was successful, and Fortec started selling like hotcakes!

Enter Pansat;

Now another smart business man saw the success, and the sales impact of this code creation. His STB unit was being made in the same factory as the Fortec and was so similar in construction, that the newly patched firmware, would work on his units also.
Both Pansat & Fortec were being made in Korea by Globaltech. It was simple to have Pansat engineers look at what Fortec was doing and to start coming out with their own fixes as well. Sales exploded for both of these companies after DTV introduced the P4. It quickly became apparent there was a huge market that was hungry for more Free TV! A spokesman and promoter was brought in to make annoucements, add drama to the forums, and overall, push to increase sales. The guy they picked was loud, arrogant, and purposeful about his duties. He quickly found himself banned and BLACKLISTed from the original FTA site, Al7bar. Blacklist was born! Offering a well established product (Pansat) with the added decrypt capabilities, Pansat was an instant winner for the public. Now we had ourselves some competition between coders.

Introducing "market frenzy";

Sales were beyond optimistic, and at one point Pansat was selling 50,000+ units per month! The owner of Pansat was smiling BIG time, and became a multi-millionaire in a years time. Blackbird became obsessed with protecting their product & investment, and tried in vain to prevent "clones' of their product, by adding an encrypted protection chip to their units and were the first to do a "clone kill" and inadvertantly killed their own boxes. Pansat's spokesman became a bit disillusioned over the money he was to receive, and went looking for another company that had a good product but needed exposure, that he could help find their way in this fast moving market.

Enter Coolsa$t;

The owner of Coolsa^t had seen Fortec & Pansat take off and sell millions of $$$ worth of product, and also wanted to compete. Originally, all this fast paced sales game had caused a shortage of parts to build units with in Korea. Hyundai saw this and stepped up to provided more parts for ALL competing companies. Hubtech was producing units that were basically the same unit and marketting it under 4 names around the world. CoolsaAAt was among these names and wanted a piece of the North American pie. With Hyundai support & assistance with firmware, CoolsaAAt only needed a spokesman to get the product noticed.

Blacklist switches camps;

Blacklist was contacted by the owners of CoolsaAAt, and in turn contacted me and excitedly told me about Hubtech and the great product being introduced as CoolsaAAt.
It was immediately apparent their engineers were superior to anything we had previuosly seen, as they were first to implement a working Electronic Program Guide (EPG) to the market. Sales Exploded overnight for CoolsaAAt as they offered the world a peak at advanced Hyundai coding that worked better than the rest. Unfortunately for the industry, the owner of CoolsaAAt would prove out to be less than reputable in his dealings with those around him. Blacklist packed up and went back to Pansat and has helped improve their firmware again.

CoolsaAAt battles "clones"

Not long after Bl left as spokesman for CoolsaAAt, the popularity of their product became apparent as clones from China hit the N.A. market. With Hyundai engineers & support, CoolsaAAt was the first company to successfully defend their intellectual rights (firmware they had developed) by introducing a timebomb that killed ONLY cloned units. This was no easy task, yet they pulled it off successfully. It was mismanagement of the company later on that resulted in loss of Hyundai support and financial problems for CoolsaAAt. Continued mismanagement of the company has caused CoolsaAAt's unfortunate position in the industry now.

ViewsaAt debut's a new design;

One of the original partners of CoolsaAAt had been squeezed out of that company and decided to introduce his own box and a departure of the usual StMicro mainboard. The purpose of the ViewsaAt quickly became apparent. They had disected a top of the line Dishnetwork box, and had chosen the Conexant mainboard with a much faster processor and more RAM. I was skeptical at first of the change to Conexant based units, but was assured this design had merit. It's over a year later, and the design has proven itself well. The difference that seperates this unit from the others has been their purposeful commitment to the N.A. market and the leaps & bounds of improvements they've introduced. With over 500,000 units now in service, the company strives to bring the end user what they want. Features have been added that were a direct result of forum members input on what they wanted to see in a unit. With some 70 engineers at their disposal, they are here to stay.

Others follow;

While this post may be a bit long winded, there were alot of milestones that needed to be mentioned. I haven't covered all of these, just the ones I've witnessed or been privy to. As Dishnetwork began the switch to N2, and it wasn't immediately apparent that these companies would have a solution, I staunchly held & reported N2 would fall. South Korea is one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. Much of their knowlege comes from the "shared technology" pool of information available there. While nobody could say for sure that N2 would fall, I firmly believed this country would find a way to beat the system. On Aug 31st. when Dishnet switched 160+ channels to N2, within 6 hrs. Korea responded by adapting a known European N2 hack from Spain into the firmware releases. Co0lsaAAt, ViewsaAt, Pansat, all released N2 fixes that stunned everyone but me. Fortec had already packed it in and given up on the N.A. market due to the competition and their fear that N2 would prove to be secure. Today, some 11 mo. later, they decide to return..

The Saga continues;

Many new companies have cropped up. Many are still forming. Competition is fierce, and the FTA market has grown incredibly. I have NEVER doubted FTA would be the #1 sought after solution. I did however under estimate the total sales figures of all of the players combined. There are some 4 million FTA units currently in service (approx. 1/3 of a certain providers subs). This doesn't sit well with the 2 major providers in Canada & the U.S. We will surely continue to see them pull out all stops to defeat these companies that manufacture FTA units. I have always told you guys the truth to the best of my knowledge. I have predicted much of what has occurred, and I still firmly believe that with GREED as a motivation, these companies will continue to provide solutions for whatever they throw at us. My biggest fear is that the S.E.C.,& the F.C.C. will succumb to pressure being applied by these providers and institute some type of sanctioning body that will enforce trade agreements, and limit the importing of these devices. As it stands now, there appears to be no end in sight. Mpeg 4 is awhile off and presents the next hurdle for these companies. New units are in development & future units DO include mpeg4 & HD capabilities."

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
as posted on http://www.FTAgal.com

CoolsaAAt Idea 2.0 USB Stolen?

Several sources have come forward to provide information relating to the apparent bad blood between CoolsaAAt and Conaxsat. CoolsaAAt would appear to have a problem on their hands, so we thought it only fit to provide this information to you. Large or small, this website takes the position of truth and fairness. The information written here is verifiable. Sources are willing to provide video and audio of conversation. Although offered, we have not at this time released such. Apparently the would be proprietor of Conaxsat was an employee of CoolsaAt from Jan to Aug of 2006. Reported by a CoolsaAt company rep, The then employee decided to "branch out on his own", naturally taking all accessible information with him, and start a new company. A CoolsaAt company rep alleges, "not only did this employee take important information from the company, but stole our idea of the usb 2.0 pvr" . The company rep also reported, "The prior employee had plenty of time to save and record all contact information, including our dealer contacts, manufacturers and pricing lists for components." CoolsaAt also alleges that "this previous employee approached the contacts in coolsaAt records and attempted to promote their plans for a future usb 2.0 pvr unit." Only for coolsaAt to later learn that this very same person approached their engineering and research team for possible hiring. The CoolsaAt rep continued by saying, " he just disappeared, but so did our idea for 2.0 pvr and database"

FTagalNewsOnline is providing this report to you in hopes of clearing the air. CoolsaAt maintains that the technology idea for the 2.0 usb pvr was their idea. If this is the case and the idea was taken by Conaxsat from CoolsaAt, they at minimum deserve the recognition for the idea. Remember readers, we do fight for fairness, no matter the size of the company. In this instance, CoolsaAt is the one with the black eye while others benefit financially. So.... We fight for them.

More to follow this week!

Silver Member

Post Number: 263
I could c/p all night about CoolsAAt and eric and there problems. There done move on to another brand.Don't forget how there home site is run too. Same as the company....right into the dirt.

Bronze Member
Username: Agent_70

Post Number: 40
STILL NO ANSWERE TO THIS THREAD......

Bronze Member
Username: Agent_70

Post Number: 42
BUMP

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
Nfushion will survive as FTA will.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15282
There is NO "answer" to this thread..nobody has a crystal ball regarding N3 here...and there are conflicting reports of an N3 hack in Europe..but here's what a professsional hacker, employed by NDS, has testified to about N3 and Echostar aka DN..

What about the Kudelski cards? A short embarrased silence before his reservations disappear: "Sorry: The last two generations were broken. The next one will be, as well. They did not invest enough into research in the last ten years. Today, Kudelski is running out of money, look at their stocks. They hope to reestablish themselves with this lawsuit, but they will lose."

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2658
No crystal ball, maybe correct
Nothing unbreakable in electronics
But won't be a peice a cake that's for sure
Yo can't trust hackers on what they say or claim

I'm providing anwers so when your screen turns black at least yo know ahead where did it come from

There are few tech issues with N3
Both N2 and N3 are fully in progress now
Yo do the math

Silver Member

Post Number: 276
Bug eh?......lol
they'll be exploited and all changes monitored .

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 670
The pyro's are wanting to see it come. they don't think much of it. Only time will tell. Some things are not what they seem.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1641
KING
How are you

N3 goes to be difficult to decode and
certainly provider keep some cards in
their pockets.
N3 is in test on some channel like you say.
We will be able tested to test true FTA.
Your prediction who do laugh some here, now start to take effect.
Continue your good work

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1801
trendsetter369
Bronze Member

where did u see nfusion in europe. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 557
I was reading this from another site. I don't know how tru it is. But I hope its true... this is c/p from the site..

C&P

It should be able to without to much of a problem. The why is because the nf counter part over seas is already running N3 iks because of what nf coders here have done.

Now if that is truly the case I really don't foresee much downtime if any at all when nag3 fully hits. Now this isn't me saying I fully believe that but I can really hope that it is the truth.

Some addition C/P info:

Quote:
N3.. what we know..
N3 is nothing more than N2 wrapped with betacrypt, & we already have s/w for betacrypt to get the keys, keys are very long tho, but can be gotten.

As far as the new cards..
Rom 142 is already open in Europe & is same as rom 240 & they've already dumped ram.

So, there will be 4 sets of keys. 2 for betacrypt & 2 sets of idea keys. These sit in eprom and can still be dumped..

All in all N3 actually limits their abilities they have, compared to now. They def won't be changing keys as often, and ECM's will be more difficult. Guess we'll see, but coders aren't worried..
this message comes from a very relibile source.

I spent a good part of the day using translators on European forums ... can't /won't / shouldn't confim anything, but ownng an nFusion is not going to hurt your chances ... cough cough gbox cough cough CCcam cough cough.

Silver Member
Username: Bill038

Post Number: 675
You should really do something about that cough.

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1802
justice last mounth i have been asking if nfusion is used in europe. i spent 2 mounths in europe. no one knows what nfusion is . i asked in every forum here no body knows. so im not sure where do u see nfusion used in europe. cuz im intressted in having one in my house over there . so plz what sites did u go to that suport nfusion in europe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
cartier this is one of the sites I read about it
http://ftabins.net/showthread.php?p=158124
n*gra 3 - doom and gloom - Total Exterminators Testing ForumIf it is n3, then there is hope..Tvcabo in Europe uses it and its hacked already.(card only) Another hint of the card swap // 2008-02-13 ...
www.extremetesting.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=55604 - 85k

also try google "Nfusion and N3 card in Europe"

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
cartier here is another one..

hxxp://http://www.marketrealm.com/private/showthread.php?t=25070

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 304
http://www.fullreleases.com/NewMembers/pre_search.php?act=search&id=7013&search= nagravision%203

Go to the above site for more info about N3

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
awesome info karkour...
thanks

Bronze Member
Username: 360guy

Ottawa, Ont Canada

Post Number: 69
Thank You very much for the history lesson. It allows us 'relative noobs' understand the whole FTA thing better.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2840
king, why dont DN pull you off this project? Trying to claim the end all the time, trying to scare people... we ALL know what you are now! Give it a rest. No, you cant always believe the coders, but we cant believe the moles for DN even more so. N3 in what I have been reading, sounds like it shouldnt be that big of a deal. I havent heard anyone of any reputation say it wont happen.

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
lol dantetn,
always enjoy reading your post...

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2842
oh, also King, there are reports of a partial hack already for n3 in Europe. DN will be sending u a pink slip before fta goes out for DN. U need to work at a crisis center anyway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
Well said Dantetn
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us