RCA P60752EB

Username: Mandasman

USA

Post Number: 1
I've got a RCA P60752EB that i picked up at a yard sale for $25. Turned out it just had a bad fuse. then a couple of months later it blew a fuse again. then again. and now, as soon as i put a fuse in, it blows it, starts arcing (where the fuse goes in) and makes a weird noise. The fuse is right on the block that the power cord plugs into, I think this is a power converter or transformer i don't know. I looked at the under side of the circit board for any black spots from any burning, and saw a little browning on one leg of some 3 inch long white rectangular thing. i could really use some help with this. I can not afford to replace the set but if i know what i need to replace i can do it my self. Please any help would be appreciated. thank you.Upload

USA

Post Number: 3
Also i noticed that the little blue (resistor) next to what i think is the flyback (what ever supplies power to the HV block) seems to be burnt but i'm not sure. it looks like the output side on it is blackend as well as the wire comming out of it. Maybe it's just dirty on that one end or something. Also it runs diagonaly pointing to the fly back and then up and to the left. does this help anyone?

USA

Post Number: 4
ok the power i guess is acctually comming on but imediatly going back off with a clicking sound, and it's not blowing fuses now that i have the right ones. The only indication of the power comming on is that the green light in the power button will flash when you press it. i've check multiple resistors in it and they're all imeding the flow of power, but i'm not sure how much they should resist, but nothing was flat dead. I think this is a low voltage problem in the start up, but since the power light comes on it almost seems like it could be a High Voltage problem. Prehaps the HV block? Any response would be appreciated.

USA

Post Number: 5
Ok here's the update. I've decided to discharge the HV system of the set and cut the line comming out of the HV transformer (flyback). The set turned on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow... that was cool... anyway... like i said, i cut the line. Now i think the trouble may have been in the Hv Splitter seeing that since i cut power to it the set kicked on. My question now is, could the problem still be in the flyback? I never saw any sparks when i discharged it, but i think that when i kicked the set on that it had a faint purplish colored arc between the two ends of the wire i cut. i isolated them with electrical tape so they couldn't touch anything. any input on this subject would be very appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us