Can Someone Help Me Convert My Box to Puff???

Bronze Member
Username: Mrkhan

Post Number: 56
Hello,

I am trying to convert my box from Flu 2500/2700 to Puff. I got the full kit to convert to Puff. What seems to be the problem is that the file boot60.bin isn't loading nor the number scan is running on my pc, what seems to be the problem here? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME HERE.

Thank you,

Silver Member
Username: Desi_munda

Post Number: 151
All u need is that 4 filess, nothing else. Look in ur full kit for these files and take them out and put them on desktop.
1-) 2700 to 2500 Loader Converter
2-) Boot60
3-) Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K)
4-) Fwank7_Jvvh_Team_PUFF_261

Silver Member
Username: Desi_munda

Post Number: 152
How to Load.

Open 2700 to 2500 Loader Converter.

Click Bin File, choose Boot60.

Turn reciever ON.

Let reciever fully boot up ,soon as you see ON hit Download.

Write will complete in 10-15 seconds.
Reciever will self reboot with knight rider dash (- - - -) rolling across display screen.

LEAVE RECIEVER ON DO NOT TURN IT OFF.

Open FortecStarSTB loader or whatever Loader you use before.
Load Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin.
Hit Download.

After download complete reciever will pause on dash.
Reciever will self reboot to knight rider dash (- - - -) "again".
It will pause on 4th dash for 3-5 minutes DO NOT reboot reciever LEAVE it alone.

Reciever then will self reboot with P U F F _ P U F F then pause on F for 30 seconds then display ON.
You can then load channel list Or just hook up to Sat cable and TV and rescan your sats again.

I myself did a Factory Setting in main menu first then rescan my Sats.

Thanks again to Jvvh for all he has done and also Ukronic for all he has done for me!!

Set Default Key and let it A/R.

Turn A/R OFF (except Key Code) if experiencing rebooting issues.

No need to do a factory setting in main menu if your not having problems.
Do one if you are experiencing problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Hey Hussain thank you for helping.

Ok I got those 4 files ok. I open the 2700/2500 loader and select Boot60, but its not letting me download it. Is it cuz its 2700/2500 loader? Cuz I have clone box that is 2500 - 2700 Flu. What to do to fix the problem?

Thanx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Hey Hussain you think I need a loader that is 2500/2700 instead of 2700/2500 maybe, I don't know. But every time I am trying to load the Boot60 its not working at all, keep getting a message saying ( Flash Update Fail ) Can I use my loader that I been using to upload the bin files? ( Blacklist Update )?

Bronze Member
Username: Satopia

Post Number: 80
first off you need to convert it back to a a 2500 then do the puff thats what i did and worked fine for me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Hey alton vann penny,

What files do I need to convert back to 2500? Thank you for helping me.

Platinum Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1425
my reciever is fortec ultra star.
I did these steps using the files mentioned and It works..... from 2500 to PUFF

C/p
If your box is still using original software such as Boot60 and/or 294t type bins and you want to convert your box to PUFF, you MUST fisrt load the b75_m 64k bootfile using UkRoNiCs BOX Updater.420. set to Boot and box ON completely (Straight-through cable) *Check your COM settings* hit the write button..box will reboot (B-75 B-75 ) continue on by loading in the jvvh_208_1.bin, same loader, but turn box OFF/On from main power, and at first display of lights on the front (or first 'b') *same COM settings* hit the write button..box will again reboot (B-75 will stick on 5 for 30 seconds) then come ON.
Proceed to step #2

Converting to PUFF_1.0.1 from any (B-75/Lzma/Old Puff)*with the exception listed above*

The most common factor lately, seems to be the loaders that work for some and not for others... thats a matter of trial and error on your part. The ones I have listed have been tested and work for me, so if it works for you...use it. Or READ around they're easy to find.
If you keep a channel list...save it before proceeding as this following will WIPE CLEAN any and all settings you had.
Open UkRoNiCs BOX Updater .420. select -Ukr_PUFF1.0.1_ConvertBOX.bin- 1mb
OFF/On....on fisrt lights hit the write button...box will reboot into 'rolling PUFF'--this indicates 'waiting for PUFF bin'.
Using same loader..no need to OFF/ON the box at this point (but it wont kill it if you do),
select the Team-PUFF bin of choice up to the latest 261 (unless otherwise posted by us)
hit the write button when ready, box will again reboot, will pause of last 'F', and turn ON.
This brings up the language screen and the rest is up to you.
BTW* no need to set default keys--but couldnt hurt*

I would recommend this way... it worked for me .. Where you get the bins is your choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
But the problem I am having is that it is not letting me load any bin files!!!

Platinum Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1429
Firoz just try what I said .. if you use the RIGHT LOADERs it should work .. Trust me I was getting error messages too at first but using the proper loaders helps. if you need to know more PM me and I will send you the right loaders.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
download this puff kit and ill try to walk you threw it http://www.sendspace.com/file/04ssrp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
first thing you need to do is make sure your data cable is securely plugged in then next go to the boot60 area folder in the kit open the 2700 to 2500 loader load the boot60 bin thats in the boot60 area folder
Wait for write to complete.
KEEP RECEIVER ON.
You will see horizontal night riders it ok let it go threw the motion
once this is done Start the BL 1.4 updater select Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) this is inside the conversion to puff_lmaz folder
useing same loader do the following below>>
With receiver ON, Select BIN in the Loader and start write BIN.
When it has loaded it will say BURN on the loader software .
DO NOT SWITCH OFF.
When BURN is completed, your receiver will reboot and sat P-U-F-F
Leave it on.
Wait till it stops and says ON.
Now switch it off.
your done load you new puff bin with the black list updater 1.4 and watch some tube

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Alton Vann Penny,

I don't whats going on with my box, but its not letting me load the boot60 from the loader 2700/2500, and even I want to load any other old bin files it won't let me and just get freeze when I click on write. I even tried to turn on the switch from the back and soon as I see the b or the first dash I quickly click on the write and just gets freeze and the progress on the pc dosen't run the numbers. I AM GETTING SO MAAAAAAD!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
oh did you select boot on the loader?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
it automatically select it self to boot. also want to let you know is that when I turn on the switch from the back and it shows me the number instead of the ( On ).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
ok do this do a factory reset on the box then i made this other puff kit easeier to follow you should beable to go threw it with no problem this time just read my instruction in this file and you will go threw it with no problem just take your time doing it double check each step to be correcthttp://www.sendspace.com/file/0wa4vd

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Ok when your saying to do a factory reset, meaning connect the box to my satellite and from there do the factory setting right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
Hey buddy I got it to load the files... but on the step two when downloading completed it just got freeze, it didn't go to ( On ) what to do here now??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
ok did it reboot itsself with step two?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Ok what I did, it turn it off from the back and turn it back and it can to F, and after that went to number 8837 showing now, also u never put the file CS_254T_PUFF_Serial_Lightning, where to get that file or can you please send that to me?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
thaat file is in there if you dont see it here it is again >>http://www.sendspace.com/file/l9racv
once you have this on there your ready for new puff bin so you can watch some tv bro

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
hey never mind that post all you eed to do is download the lastest bin and your up and running

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
this is the new bin>>> http://www.sendspace.com/file/1x151t
to load this use the blacklist updater 1.4 loader load bin to loader now switch box off from back when you see the first ligth come on in front of your box hit write bin on the loader dont do anything let it write when done your now a proud owner of a working 2500 puff converted box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
just rescan or load your channels all set

Platinum Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1436
i was getting the number 8837 showing once too when i was using the wrong file. So i started from the b75_m 64k bootfile using UkRoNiCs BOX Updater.420. set to Boot and box ON completely (Straight-through cable) *Check your COM settings* hit the write button..box will reboot (B-75 B-75 ) continue on by loading in the jvvh_208_1.bin, same loader, but turn box OFF/On from main power, and at first display of lights on the front (or first 'b') *same COM settings* hit the write button..box will again reboot (B-75 will stick on 5 for 30 seconds) then come ON.
Proceed to step #2

Converting to PUFF_1.0.1 from any (B-75/Lzma/Old Puff)*with the exception listed above*

The most common factor lately, seems to be the loaders that work for some and not for others... thats a matter of trial and error on your part. The ones I have listed have been tested and work for me, so if it works for you...use it. Or READ around they're easy to find.
If you keep a channel list...save it before proceeding as this following will WIPE CLEAN any and all settings you had.
Open UkRoNiCs BOX Updater .420. select -Ukr_PUFF1.0.1_ConvertBOX.bin- 1mb
OFF/On....on fisrt lights hit the write button...box will reboot into 'rolling PUFF'--this indicates 'waiting for PUFF bin'.
Using same loader..no need to OFF/ON the box at this point (but it wont kill it if you do),
select the UkRoNiC_Jvvh_Team_PUFF_261 hit the write button when ready, box will again reboot, will pause of last 'F', and turn ON.

so far every error you have mentioned i got too till i did the above methid .IT WORKS read it carefully and do what it says, then get the latest bin.

BTW always turn off the loader after each flash then restart it for the next step.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
Very sad new alto vann penny, I scan the satellite and no pic had came on, keep showing No Signal

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
did you set your settings up for sat if not you need to set up your sat setting s

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
if you set up your ports and so on itll get you a picture

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Hey buddy I got it. I want to say thank you for putting up with me and getting this all work out. Once again thank you and others for helping me out.

MrKhan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
np buddy glad to help you out was there once my self
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us