Ex BF Left Me a C$$LS$T 6000. Need Help

Username: Karen_newbie_girl

Post Number: 1
My ex BF left me a C**LS*T 6000. I found out after searching for many days why it was not working, and perhaps it will not get new software.

So I guess I can learn it to update myself if the new software ever arrives.

However, I am thinking to get a new unit, if he asks it back.

I need a recommendation which unit should I buy that gets new files faster and allows Manual Scan and has good Picture.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15050
Make sure u get a USB ready receiver such as one of these...which are all very good, and similiar, with great software support..

Captiveworks 700
Conaxsat Mini
Sonicview 4000
Viewsat Ultra

heres a good place to buy from..
www.southcoastfta.com

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2283
sonic view 4000 or captive works 700

Post Number: 2
Thanks for suggestions!

I am thinking Captiveworks 700. Does Viewsat Ultra has USB connectivity?

Is there a shop in Chicago where I can pick buy this or I have to send MO for online purchase.

Also which are the support sites for these 2?

Thanks Again.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 176
Karen
Let your fingers do the walking.
Lee says "check yellow pages"

Bronze Member
Username: Skins971

Post Number: 30
You're BF left you a C00lsat... what did you do for him to hate you that much..that he left a piece of trash C00lsat??

Post Number: 3
White Hawk

I threw away yellow pages. I checked online but had no luck. Any help!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15109
Make sure u get a USB ready receiver such as one of these...which are all very good, and similiar, with great software support..

Captiveworks 700
Conaxsat Mini
Sonicview 4000
Viewsat Ultra

heres a good place to buy from..
www.southcoastfta.com

Username: Chadhu

Post Number: 3
LK,
As always very helpful. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9810
There has been a fallout between th emanufacturers of CS4000, 5000 and 6000 and the US importers. The support was from people in Kora and that original NORW group no longer exists for these receivers. New coders have been supporting for the past 2-3 months.

The current CS 6100,7000,8000 etc are made in a different factory and have much in common with some other receivers. The original NORW group is coding for these.

If you buy a new receiver by mail order - buy from a USA mail order house if you live in America and from a Canadian mail order shop if you live in Canada.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15110
here's the real info on the Coo*lsat coders..Norw group..get educated nalin, then report back to your boss at Dishnet HQ..fricking mole!

The original NORW coders left a year ago, and went to Nfusion..then a new group came in, and they are divided..some code the new visionsat aka Ipro, some do the newer coo*lsats 6100-7000-7100-etc, and a few who are away in Europe allegedly are still coding the 4000, 5000, 6000, but not for long..so ya got a fractured inexperienced dying coo*lsat camp!

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 103
Got this from google search hope this helps

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Satellite+Television+Equipment+Dealers/S -IL/T-Chicago/

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9814
LK: since you want to keep on interrupting and spreading false information, here is the run down on the C00LSAT story.

Now I suggest you go and take your medication and hibernate under the waters of Key largo.

Some C00LSAT 4-5-6K Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few things you need know about the C00LSAT receivers: The CS 4000-6000 were designed and built by a company called hihtek. Freetech the US importer, branded these receivers C00LSAT. But hightec and freetech had a falling out. Thus when the time came for new receivers, free tech went to someone else. The company that makes the Ariza extreme were the ones they went to for the 8000 and 8100. They went to the same company that produces the Captain receivers for the 7000.

The 4,5 and 6000 were made by a Korean company called Jinhightek Corp. If you google them and go to their website and hit English at the top, you'll see them listed. And on their website they are called C00LSAT. Freetech or their affiliates did have a falling out and CS did go to a different manufacturer.

The CS4000,5000 & 6000 are discontinued and C00LSAT is no longer having STB's made at that factory. Somewhere near that factory in Korea are the coders writing software for those STB's. I don't know what the relationship is between the old factory and C00LSAT, but I believe that the availability of this 3rd-party-software will not continue forever.

The new boxes, such as the CS6100,7100, 8100 are made at a different factory, with different components, different engineering, and with a different team of coders. These are current models, from a factory that still is doing business with C00LSAT, so it is in their best interest to write 3rd-party-software.

The only way it keeps working is for the manufacturers to keep selling STB's.
Hence, new models. And in this case, a new factory.

So when the day comes when the coders aren't being supported for the CS4000,5000, and 6000, the bins will be gone, and that'll be it....unless other coders like jvvh who, are working on modding the 6100 and other CS bins for the 5000 and 6000...chancysand is not into converting C00LSAT receivers or modding the newer 6100 fixs for the 6000 or older receivers..

The original Norw Group (C00LSAT coders), left about 1 year ago to Captain and Ariza, and left C00LSAT with no coders, and a new inexperienced Norw Group since then....thats why you have seen a huge decline in C00LSAT support...I myself posted this about a year ago, and recommended people to get rid of their C00LSATs then...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15113
Nalin...LMAO...thats all true..and MY OLD POST!...Thanks for saving it and searching for it..it reiterates my above post at that time..and leads into the present Coo*lsat coders situation..thanks again moron...LMAO

BTW...the ORIGINAL NORW coders moved to Nfusion, ...its the 2nd generation coders that split up and went their seperate ways...and then the still remaining are fractured at various places..

Bronze Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 84

Platinum Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2325
buy from this site
it is reputable the price is very reasonable free shipping

http://www.globalwholesalers.biz/receivers.htm

Diamond Member

Post Number: 15115
African...www.southcoastfta.com is as good as www.globalwholesalers.biz ...Southcoastfta accepts credit card and also COD, and ships to Puerto Rico as well as canada and US...both dealers are very good..

FYI..about global, they do charge $20 shipping to canada..and do NOT ship to Purto Rico...and must use paypal payment, in Canada..

Shipping

Here at Global Wholesalers we make sure your items are shipped fast and safe. All orders ship with 24 business hours. Also all items are shipped for signature required for your safety to assure nothing is lost or stolen. For all rush orders Express overnight shipping is available upon request. Please contact us toll free for immediate response.

Normally items being shipped within the 48 states will go DHL 2-5 days ground. These take anywere from 1-7 days maximum to deliver your product.

If shipping to HI or AK we will use USPS priority. Which normally takes 2-3 business days for delivery.

All orders being shipped to Canada will go USPS express, which takes 5-7 business days for delivery. There is extra $20 fee for each unit on canadian orders. All Canadian orders must be paid through Paypal.

Unfortunately, we do not ship to Puerto Rico at this time.

Platinum Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2328
thanks LK i will check out southcoast and recommend it to members
you are right about global,because i was looking at us only
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us