PT50LC14 Headaches with Yellow Tint (Bad Blue?)

Username: Zacware

Post Number: 2
Just in case someone wins up in my situation with a yellow tint, here's how my week was wasted.........

My 3 year old Panasonic PT50LC14 has a yellow tint over 70% of the screen. (If I switch to a blank channel, the pany usually shows a bright blue screen, but instead 70% is solid black)

I have the TV repair guy come in.

He says it's the light engine

He says it will be $1300 to fix

I point out I can go online and get a new DLP set that's better and new in the box for $999

He suggests I call panasonic as they might help out with the cost since this model has issues

I call panasonic, they say that indeed they are going to consider helping out with the cost but I have to send them the orignal sales recipt.

I call circuit city corporate, ask if they can look up the receipt, they say sure no problem! Only thing is they can't fax or email it, only send it in 2 to 3 weeks

They tell me if I need it right away I should just go to the local circuit city store

I drive there, wait in line, girl looks it up, and says she can see it but there's no way to print it.

Go back home. call 5 other circuits city stores. they say same thing, they can see it but can't print from that screen

Last store offers to handwrite a receipt for me. drive to store. wait in line. tell clerk how I want a hand written recipt.

He looks at me very strangely, walks up to the computer, pulls up my receipts, and PRINTS IT!!!!!!!!!

After a week of tv repair place and panasonic saying faxes don't show up and emails don't show up panasonic calls up and says they will do nothing.

After we complain, they offer us $200 toward the repair.

So in short, panasonic is offering to fix my TV for $100 more than a brand new one costs.

I have a house full of panasonic products (I even own their iron!) No more!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us