SKYWALKER-1 PROGRESS UPDATE

Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A.

Post Number: 88
I received my genpix skywalker-1 8psk to usb box yesterday (lighting fast shipping from those guys) and right out of the box that thing is awesome. In DVBdream setup is very easy for the unit but getting the codecs to work correctly is a small hassle. Some channels had no problems but the HD channels in H.264 took a little tweaking to get it right then I downloaded an HD codec pack from www.dvbsupport.net and got everything else I needed. As far as Mytheatre (which is my personal favorite) the latest version 3.38 and 3.38.2 will only support the skywalker-1. The only modifying I had to do there were transponder setting (changing the symbol rate and a setting from auto to T8PSK) and had no problem scanning the Dnet HD channels unfortunately the new versions of Mytheatre do not support mpeg/H.264 so when you tune into the channel all you get is audio and no video. But from what I've read version 4.0 (or maybe 3.4 I'm not sure) will be out soon and will remedy that issue. So in conclusion the skywalker-1 does what all of us DVBcard computer testers hoped it would and thats receive turbo 8psk channels and it does flawlessly. Here are a few screen shots just so no one thinks I'm bullshitting. lol.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 792
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Grearz

Post Number: 20
hey tstdriver,

did it come with everything you need or do you need to have a module from a dn6000 box. Im setting one up this summer with sagetv. sage tv plugin over my theatre is awesome.
And if you know someone with a sub, you can share it online. my buddy does that and i am hoping to share with his sub, it never goes down.

anyhow, just wondering if i still need to find a module from a dn 6000 box. Or i can just buy the gen pix sky-1?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
All you need is the skywalker-1 plug it in the usb, plug it in the wall, install the drivers and rock and roll.

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 197
what CPU+Video+RAM and specific codecs are you using to get mpeg4? How stable is your current pc when playing mpeg4 channels? Load on cpu%

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 90
My comp setup (my own home built gamer computer exactly 2 years old):

manchester 4200+ AMD 64x2 (overclocked to 2.59ghz)
Nvidia 7800GT
only 2GB Ram
Running latest DVBdream and currently MyTheatre 3.37 and waiting for the new one.
For codecs I use intervideo and SonicCinmaster (roxio) for video and AC-3 filter 1.46 for audio. CPU loads for watching any HD channels never get over 40% with either program. And as far as stability it runs rock solid but for what ever reason when I got the skywalker-1 hooked up initially everything worked perfectly but since I've installed and uninstalled various codecs and now I'm having trouble getting the Dnet HD channels working on DVBdream specifically with the audio it isn't recognizing the AC-3 filter and I don't know why it did in the beginning and something got changed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us