CW-800S Problems

Username: Palestine

Post Number: 1
Problems with setting up CW-800S.

Dish 500, Twin Legacy LNB (119 & 110). Very good S & Q.

Satellite Name: 17.Echostar 7 (119W)
Transponder: 12239/H/20000/5/6
LNB Freq.: 11250
LNB Type:Normal
22 kHz: OFF
Diseqc Number: LNB 1
Legacy SW : SW21 Dish 1
Motorised System : OFF

Satellite Name: 23.Echostar 6,8 (110W)
Transponder: 12224/V/20000/5/6
LNB Freq.: 11250
LNB Type: Normal
22 kHz: OFF
Diseqc Number: LNB 1
Legacy SW : SW21 Dish 2
Motorised System : OFF

Why does the "scrambeled message" keep appearing when changing channels?

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 370
ok first try to change both of your LNB TYPE to PRO or something else..

second 110W Diseqc is port 2
and 119W Diseqc is port 1

Post Number: 2
LNB Type gives two option, either Normal to OCS-DP. I have legacy. I guess you are saying this don't make a difference?

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 371
change LNB Type to OCS-DP try that..yes it will make a diffeent if your LNB Type did not set correcty..

Post Number: 3
I understand what you are saying and I'll try this change. But why change it to DP if I have Legacy LNB on the dish?

Post Number: 4
I read somewhere that the legacy and DP are not really the same. This is why I am asking.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2233
change your legacy to off on both sats,and tp freq for 119 to 12457, leave everything else as is and post results

Legacy SW : SW21 Dish 2

Post Number: 5
I will give it a try. in the meantime, another basic question.

I have dish 500 with legacy twin lnb (110 and 119) with 2 cables coming out of it to a DisceqC switch. I also have 61.5 going to the switch w/o any problems.

Why are there 2 cables coming out from the Dish 500? I one for 119 and the other for 110? or is it to have 2 receivers. Since I have 1 box, would it matter is I disconnect one of them?

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1362
did you inable the patch hit f1 on the remote then 000 this will inable the patch if you do not do this you will get scrambled ch on all ch

Gold Member

Post Number: 1363
sorry and let it roll it might take 5 or 10 min to roll for sat 110w got ch 195 miltary ch 119w is CNN ch200 this ch will populat the epg and the box will roll faster

Post Number: 6
Yes, patch was enabled.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1364
what bin is in it

Post Number: 7

Gold Member

Post Number: 1365
if your not geting any picture the you will have to do a factory reset then do your seating scan sates again then enable the patch f1 000 let roll watch tv

and i found this for you you might want to read it hope it helps you
get this info and other from crazyfta dot com

Captiveworks CW-800S PVR Features and Documentations (Better Than User Manual)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Document 1: How To Update bin and data By PC

How to Update BIN'S by PC

1) Connect your PC and receiver with the Cable (Serial Null Modem) that came with your Receiver.

2) Plug the Receiver into a power outlet.

3) Turn the receiver ON from the switch on the back of the receiver and you will see 00:00 and then press the "POWER OFF" key on front of the receiver panel to make it standby, the LED dot - - : - - will blink.

Note: Loader will not work until you see - - : - - on the LED panel

4) Run the "CW800SUpgradeV1.02.exe" (or current loader) on your PC.

4a- Select the right COM port where you connected your NULL modem cable usually COM1.

4b- Then select Download S/W

4c- Press Open (the Yellow file icon) and select the bin file, EX: "CW800SV1.xx_yyyy_mm_dd.bin" .

4d- Then click Start, and the upgrade will begin.

5) After finishing, the LED will display "-End"

6) To update the channel list it's the same step except select Download Data

7) Press Open (the Yellow file icon) and select the .SDX file, EX: "CaptiveWorks_CXDatabaseV1.00_1.sdx" .

8) Then click Start, and the upgrade will begin.

9) After finishing, the LED will display "-End"

Document 2: CW-800S Instructions and Features

Instruction for the CW800s

Select Captive Works then CW800 then File only latest update should be the first line of the Sticky section click on this line and it will open another page were the update will be in blue like ex: CW800SV1.xx_yyyy_mm_dd.bin download the new update then open the zip file copy the file inside like ex: CW800SV1.26_2007_10_26.bin and paste to your USB key to update the receiver go to How to use feature: 7.) below.

Extra items over the cw600s premium:
1.USB loading capabilities.
2.USB menu and Functions.
3.Increased the size of the display when inputting channel numbers.
4.Recording features.
5.Timeshifting
6.USB menu can do (Stream, Movies, Music, Pictures, Software and others)
7.mepg2 and mpeg1
8.jpg
9.softcam.key download via USB
10.mp3

How to Timeshift with CaptiveWorks CW-800S - Instructions and Features

How to use feature:
1.) TO Time shift press PAUSE button and give it a few seconds to get ahead of real time then press PLAY when you want to watch. Press INFO button to remove the info bar at bottom. You can also FF and RW in time shift mode. Both RW and FF have a delay to start working about 2 seconds. To return to PLAY from FF or RW press PLAY again. To End Time shifting press STOP then it will return you to live play.

2.) To Record Press RECORD button and you will see a popup window that will ask do you want to RECORD CURRENT CHANNEL? If you answer YES then it will start record with a 2 second delay or if you answer NO it will give you a choice to record another channel on same TP, very nice feature, you can record another channel on same TP and watch the one you are on. All this with one tuner, impressive. When Recording starts you will see info bar at bottom giving name of show and time of recording and size of file as well as playtime. You will notice playtime is about 4 seconds behind. If you only want to record for a certain amount of time OTR press RECORD again on the remote it will say OTR 30min press again and will say OTR 60min then OTR 90min then OTR 120min and again OTR OFF When you want to end recording press STOP.

3.) To Playback press USB button and it will take you to the USB menus were you could find your recording. Scroll down to recording and press OK. If you press INFO button you can see progress bar. Now you have choices on playback. You can FF different speeds 2x, 4x or 8x, RW you also have the same. To stop FF or RW you need to press PLAY if you press FF or RW button again it advances to the next speed.

4.) Sizes of files save on recording is much better than CW100-R. It will record a file as large as 4g and the will start another file. 4g is plenty to record a show or movie or football game

5.) To delete recordings of any file on USB drive enter the USB menu and Highlight the file you want to delete and press SAT button and it will confirm you really want to delete it. Say YES and it is gone.

6.) Setting timer for recording from EPG is done the same way as in the CW600sp. Find the show you want to record then press the GREEN button you can change the setting RECORD to either ON or OFF and a timer will be setup for you. That is all you need to do. This will also start the recording even after a show as started but will only record till the end of that show.

7.) New update and channel list loading with USB Key Press USB key on remote select the .bin or .sdx file to download in receiver it will ask if you want to update software/database change to yes and press OK on the remote let it finish it will ask if you want to reboot change to yes and press OK on the remote, if you have updated the database it will say END on the receiver turn power OFF in the back of the receiver and back ON again this will reboot the receiver after updating the database check your settings after you download SDX file to your receiver .

8.) To adjust the sat signal press >>l press EXIT to get off the screen.

9.) To bring the key to the screen press page down on the remote. Remove from screen press EXIT

10.) To upload channel list to the USB key press USB on the remote then press FAV it will ask Do you want to upload database change to YES press OK on the remote it will make a file called Captive Works_CXDatabaseV1.00.SDX

11.) To populate the guide for B*V 91W put receiver on one of the channels of TP 12311 :
Channel 59,68,162,167,218,240,280,296,352,357,410,428,437, 510,Radio 965
Charlie:To get EPG to populate, leave your receiver on one of the following channels for at least 10 minutes: 146, 239, 418, 424, 427, 436, 572, 5814
==>
Q. How do I find the channels that populate the 7-day EPG?
A. Go to DISH Network on Anik F3 & EchoStar 7 at 119.0°W - LyngSat and search for "EEPG". The channels are grouped by transponder. Tune into any channel on the transponder that the EEPG channel is on, and you will receive 7-day EPG.

Q. How come the guide isn't populating fully? Or how come it's only populating channels on 110W but not 119W?
A. Check your time settings and make sure they are set.
==>

12.) Use SAT button in USB menu: USB TOOL
a. Delete File
b. Rename File
c. Disk Information
d. Format Disk

13.) When watching a recorded file you can skip 30 seconds FF and RW by pressing page UP or DOWN

I am sure I am missing a lot of things this box can do but more features will be coming out.

Remember the better the Hard Drive you use the better results for recording.

C&P

Post Number: 8
bruce 1, thank you for the helpful info. Installed bin 1.55 via the USB. I am getting channels (on and off), it's the "scrambeled channel" that is driving me crazy. It has to be in the setup, I am close.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us