Problem with echo 110

Bronze Member
Username: Tasmanian_satellite

Post Number: 39
I have a Pansat 3500sd and brought my receiver and tv outside and hooked up echo 110 scaned satellite and received programming. My b3v was already hooked up but i scaned it anyhow and received programming. After i did this I hooked up the Diseqc switch, sat cable to receiver, bev to port 1 and echo to port 2.. I re-scanned b3v and receive programs and re-scanned echo 110 but it says 0 program found. Why do i get echo 110 without the switch when it's direct to the receiver but once i assign a port, it cannot find programming..any suggestions. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2204
you need to do the antenna settings for 110

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
sorry for my ignorance can you please be more specific for me i'm still learning..thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14755
I recommend U read this , then select a site to call "home"..and get the files and manuals U will need..there are NO shortcuts to this..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/463059.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I'm not looking for shortcuts...I have been reading and experimenting to get knowledge with this.. I only said it was working great until i assigned a port for echo 110. Why can't i call this my home..If the site did not want newbies here they should have said that at sign up time.I'm looking to learn and i have to ask alot of questions..It's ok when African gives suggestions but if you read the threads he asks questions also..if you don't want to give your expertise don't reply to the thread.. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9323
Dish type and LNB type might have something - in fact, definitely have to do with it.
Please post this information.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14764
tas...chill kid...U can stay here forever and spin your wheels..

This can't be your DSS home site cause its NOT a DSS site!...U need a place with files, manuals and guides , and real help...this is NOT that type of a site..

U can call anyplace U want home, I don't really care...I was just helping you which I will no longer ever do again...good luck kid..

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2205
my friend i don't ask basic questions,i ask questions for testing purposes,and i don't make suggestions but i help here.
now if you go to your menu > satellite
you will see all the settings,like lnb type frequency,switch etc
post what your settings are showing for both satellites so we can help you

tasmanian satellite
Bronze Member

Post Number: 41

Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 08:02 pm: Edit Post
I'm not looking for shortcuts...I have been reading and experimenting to get knowledge with this.. I only said it was working great until i assigned a port for echo 110. Why can't i call this my home..If the site did not want newbies here they should have said that at sign up time.I'm looking to learn and i have to ask alot of questions..It's ok when African gives suggestions but if you read the threads he asks questions also..if you don't want to give your expertise don't reply to the thread.. thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
my apologies LK..just frustration speaking..no offence..thanks..i do appreciate your help.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9351
tasmanian satellite: Did you get your problem sorted out????????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
No i did not..i was triing to work it out myself but i have had no luck and stil triing..i just came inside for a break. thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 9357
Make physical connection like this:
Echo to port 1 or 2 (try both)
and set in antenna settings the same way.

Bev physical connection to Port 3
and set in antenna settings the same way.

Scan BEV first with the other disabled in software. Then disable BEV in software and connect and scan DN.
Make sure receiver power is off when you connect/disconnect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
thanks i will give that a try

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Hi Nalin...i put 110 in port 2 and bev in port 3...i disable 110 to scan bev and once i started the scan in port 3 the receiver kept turning on and off etc etc...i had to unplug the receiver and then i pluged it back in but it kept doing the samething. any suggestions..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Hi Nalin...I now removed the diseqc switch and ran the bev cable direct to the dish and now receive bev..i am stumped now on what to do with the switch, ihave a pansat 3500sd

Gold Member

Post Number: 9359
Don't go climbing anywhere, but do you know the Dish and the LNBs - what they are?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
i have a regular ben dish and lnbf that is used for bev...i have been triing to use this for dn.. i beleive the dish size is 40/60 cm this is whats stamped on the dish. thanks for answering very quickly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
it's a bev dish not a ben dish

Gold Member

Post Number: 9361
What about the LNBs? Very often th etwin LNBs of DN and BEV are not compatible with DiseqC switch.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
i forgot to mention i have 2 dishes they are both bev dishes and LNBs..one is pointed for bev and the other i was triing to receive 110. sorry for not mentioning this..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9364
Many dishes /LNBs in the original installations have a twin LNB. A twin LNB is one which gets two sats and has an internal switch. The Twin LNBs are not usually compatible with DiseqC switch. If you are able to see the names of the LNBs it will tell us if it is a Twin.
Twin LNBs require that you use a DP34 switch. don't go out and buy one yet unless you can return it. I am just theorising to find a solution.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
No these are not twin lnbs. the one dish has single lnb and the other dish has a single lnb also

Gold Member

Post Number: 9366
From outside they look like singles. do you know the names or how can you be sure they are singles?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i will have to wait untill tomorrow now..its dark and i cannot read the label on the lnb..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us