Can't watch certain 119 or 110 channels on FTA unless DN322 is ON

Username: Se_it

Post Number: 1
Hi all !
I'm new to FTA, but already read a lot of these threads in search to remedy my problem.
Here is my setup:
- DN 500dish installed with receivers 301 and 322 (dual)
- 301 supports one TV set
- 322 supports two TV sets
- 500dish has DP Plus LNB
- 300dish has DP Dual LNB
- DP34 switch
- Pansat 2700A connected when needed instead of 301

DN500 has DPPlus with two outputs and one input. Originally both receivers were connected directly to this LNB and worked fine. When I tried to connect Pansat instead of 301, it didn't scan all 119 channels. I was told to use DP34 switch. Now I have 500 and 300 pointing at 61.5 connected into it. 322 receiver shows all channels OK, but FTA receiver doesn't want to show some of 119 and 110 channels. It shows specific channels only if I keep 322 receiver turned ON. For example if I want to see channel 122 on EchoStar package, I can watch it if 322 is ON. Same goes for some of 110 channels, but not all of them. I have no problem to watch any of 65.1 channels.
My settings in the FTA:
ECHO 7/KU
LNB type Standard
DISEqC #1
Legacy SW None

ECHO 8.10/KU
LNB type Standard
DISEqC #2
Legacy SW None

ECHO 3/KU
LNB type Standard
DISEqC #3
Legacy SW None

I tried to switch LNB type to DishPro in the setup above on 119 and 110, but it didn't make it better.

Here is another dilemma -- if I connect my original 301 receiver, I get same thing, which is to keep 322 ON if I want to watch certain channels.
I had to rescan satellites with both 301 and 322 after I connected DP34 switch.
I ask all of the experts out there to help me out with this annoying problem. Do I have bad LNB or 34 switch? Do I need different LNB (DP Twin perhaps) for 500 dish?

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 343
some box does not support enough juice to power up the dp34, in order to make it work ,either have dn's box to turn it on or multi fta boxes on at the same time or power it up with a adapter.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14725
If U get some channels when DN receiver is powered on, but are missing some channels, then your problem is in your scanning procedure....and U shouldn't be using any switch... ...the antenna settings appear correct, except U need to change em to DISH PRO, not standard..

scan each satellite seperately

and U need to keep the DN receiver ON always to power the DPP LNB's..

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 344
your lnb setting should be osc-dp.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your postings.
I will play with setup for a day or two and let you know what turns out.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9292
DP34 with DP LNBs require more power than can be supplied by the FTA receivers. Hence you need to keep the DN receiver connected and on all the time.
The best place for the DN receiver is Port 1 output of the DP34 switch.
The Pansat 2700 is more tolerant than the 3500 or the Viewsat Ultra. If you have a 3500 you could damage its power supply if you do not have enough power to your DP LNb/DP34 combo.

Bronze Member
Username: Snuffles07

Post Number: 38
This is an interesting thread. Something similar happens to me. I can't watch 119 without having 110 connected as well and vice-versa. Sometimes when I take the tv out to the porch to watch a game or something I just connect one of the satellites to the switch and it won't work until I connect the other one too.

Bronze Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 14
See the picture above posted by LK?
That is what all you will get from LK.
He has posted th epicture several time without knowing what the question is.
I don't have th eanswer, but aske somebody who is more smart.

Post Number: 3
Question to Nydas or whoever is competent --

If DP34 requires specific power being supplied from DN receiver, maybe I should get rid of it all together? And connect 61.5 LNB to the input on DP Plus LNB?, like in the LK's diagram? Does DP Plus LNB in this case need also be powered up by DN receiver? I'm more then certain, that I will have to rescan satellites with all of my DN and FTA r-rs.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 9297
The purpose of DP34 is both of three inputs and 4 outputs. People have used 61.5 into the DP Plus LNB.
Whatever your setup, the bottom line is that if you are using DP LNBs, and need to have more than one receiver, you will need at least a DP34 and the power needs associated with it i.e. if you are going to use FTA receivers.

Post Number: 4
Here is what I tried last night:

- turned off all r-rs
- disconnected DP34
- plugged DP LNB single 61.5 into DP Plus LNB input (like LK diagram)
- connected DN301 r-r and checked switch; it found all satellites 119, 110 and 61.5 fine, but some channels were missing on 61.5; this receiver is connected to the output on DP Plus LNB where it says 110
- connected DN322 to the DP Plus LNB where it says 119 and checked switch; it found all satellites 119, 110 and 61.5 fine, but again some channels were missing
- both r-rs worked independently fine like it was in original DN technician setup without 61.5 connected
- I disconnected DN301 and that cable connected into Pansat 2700A
- turned DN322 on
- re-set Pansat to factory settings
- installation settings changed to LNB type for all 119, 110 and 61.5 to Dish-Pro
- DiseQc settings for 119 -- 1; 110 -- 2; 61.5 -- 3
- performed Blind Scan, here's where additional problem started:
> before I would scan only Horizontal Polarity for 119 and 110
> now when doing Horizontal, it didn't find any channels
> I tried Vertical only and 119 found 294 channels and 110 found 285
> for 61.5 I scanned All for Polarity and it found only 85 channels

- I backed up channel lineup and again re-set FTA to a factory settings
- this time installation settings for LNB type I changed to Standard for all 119, 110 and 61.5 and scanned like I described above
- 119 and 110 scanned like earlier, but 61.5 found over 350 channels, which were duplicates of 119 and 110
- I turned DN322 off and tried to switch all channels on FTA
- those channels that didn't work before (like I had to keep DN r-r on) now were working fine, but I didn't have all channels anyway
- at the end I ended up loading channel lineup from my first scan and changing installation settings back to LNB type Dish-Pro
- I guess I have to live with what I got for now with missing channels, unless someone will help me out to figure it out; at least I don't have annoying problem, where in order to watch a certain channel, I have to switch DN r-r to it.

To conclude this trial, I've come across another suggestion, and here is my question:
- shell I try DP Twin LNB and DP34 switch instead of DP Plus and no DP34 switch?

Thanks to all.

Bronze Member
Username: Postergirl1

Post Number: 39
I recommend just using dp duall's ,skip the twin,you'll just have trouble with it also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Nasty Nalin Bronze Member
and
LK Platinum Member
They are the same, part of Gaynation.
Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14745
U did it right...skip the switch

when scanning set to standard, afterwards, set to DP

DP LNB's convert all to vertical, thats why NO horizontal...

DP LNB's converts all signals to vertical ...

FTA testing requires to change all Horizontal polarity to Vertical due to the fact that Dish Pro uses stacked technology(bandstacking scheme the IF frequency of the horizontal block is shifted upwards to vertical) They will need to be edited for example( just go to Menu-Installaytion-Tp/edit and set all to V) then subtract all horiz. transps. frecuencies from 25600. enter result as your new transp freq. (IE. on sat 119 transp 6 is 12297h. doing the subtraction, you get 13303. So change transp 6 to 13303). This is needed because dishpro lnbs use an oscilator that runs at 25600mhz. this is mixed with the horizontal transp freqs and new freqs are generated.

Try using a Dish Pro channel list....or vertical scans only...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Upload

Post Number: 5
LK - thanks

I will try it again tonight, will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Post Number: 6
LK -
what TP setting I should set to for each sat under Installation?

thx

Post Number: 7
In the FTA Installation I changed LNB type to Standard for 119, 110 and 61.5 and TP to 2,3 and 9 respectively.
Turned all of DN r-rs OFF, but kept them in the power outlets.
Re-scanned 119 and 110 using Horizontal polarity only.
119 found 292 channels
110 found 389 channels
Re-scanned 61.5 with polarity set to All
it found 225 channels, some of it are duplicates for 119 or 110, but what matters to me that it found all channels I needed. I can live with the duplicates (can delete them later, or set Favorites as needed). And another important thing, it still works OK with DN r-r being turned ON or OFF.
Kudo's to LK and the rest of the gang !!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14787
I believe U mean U scanned all VERTICAL TP's..1 LNB/sat at a time..

what is DN r-r? or r-rs?

If U did anything else, then I have no clue what U did..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
AL - Dont waste your time with LK. He is just a C/P artist.
Upload

Post Number: 8
I abbreviated dishnetwork receiver to DN r-r to speed up typing...

I was wondering if there is the link to very detailed information about what every field mean and what it does and how to use it in the Installation Menu. And what type of settings more suitable for specific dish type, LNB, etc. This will make a learning curve not as steep as it seems for a lot of newbies like myself out there..

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us