PUFF 2500-2700 conversion guide and files..

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14344
Here is the new PUFF 253 bin to convert to PUFF PUFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also here is the Loader and Boot60 zip.

With this New PUFF style bin you will need to convert back to 2500 using just the boot60 bin.

In that zip file is the 2700 to 2500 convertor loader by Chancysand as well as the boot60 bin file.

Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253(640k) bin is the "MUST LOAD FIRST BIN" to get you converted to PUFF.

How to Load.

Open 2700 to 2500 Loader Converter.

Click Bin File, choose Boot60.

Turn reciever ON.

Let reciever fully boot up ,soon as you see ON hit Download.

Write will complete in 10-15 seconds.
Reciever will self reboot with knight rider dash (- - - -) rolling across display screen.

LEAVE RECIEVER ON DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open FortecStarSTB loader or whatever Loader you use before.
Load Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin.
Hit Download.

After download complete reciever will pause on dash.
Reciever will self reboot to knight rider dash (- - - -) "again".

It will pause on 4th dash for 3-5 minutes DO NOT reboot reciever LEAVE it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reciever then will self reboot with P U F F_P U F F then pause on F for 30-60 seconds (wait) then display ON.

You can then load channel list or just hook up to Sat cable and TV and rescan your sats again(BLIND SCAN).
Set Default Key and let it A/R.
Turn A/R OFF (except Key Code) if experiencing rebooting issues.

No need to do a factory setting in main menu if your not having problems.
Do one if you are experiencing problems.

Both bins are clone safe.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978493/attachmentpuff60_114.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978679/attachment253puff_116.zip.html

This will now, if done correctly, convert your 2500 or 2500 clone to a PUFF 2700 receiver, which will now require PUFF bins in the future..ALL future converted 2500's and their clones which be required to use PUFF bins, so U should go ahead and do this conversion to PUFF now...

Since this above is the PUFF conversion and PUFF 253 fix which is ONLY needed to be done ONCE, there will be future PUFF fixes, like the now current PUFF 254 to keep current with latesr changes...all u do is simpluy overwtite the previous Puff file, each time their is another newer Puff fix..I belive Puff 254 is now the most current, so just overwite it to the receiver after this conversion with Puff 253..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14345
From FWANK7 to all:

"First of all I have to thank Jvvh for always looking ahead of the game and for all he has done for us FLU/2500 reciever owner's.We all should be very happy and realize how lucky we are to have Jvvh on our side.

The conversion bins we have now are running out of code space room.Jvvh has for a bit now has this new style of conversion bins he calls PUFF.

With PUFF the BG (back ground) is put into the boot section freeing up the bytes that the BG takes up in the actual bin code itself.This new style also allows us to go a little bigger in bin size if needed to be. I believe it's from 448 kb to 512 kb maybe even a bit bigger then that maybe Jvvh will confirm the actual size we can go.

With this New PUFF style bin you will need to convert back to 2500 using just the boot60 bin.
As you have knight rider lights load the New PUFF 640 kb bin one time to get you converted to PUFF.
This is the easiest way we have found to do it so far.

Jvvh wanted something to show the peps when changing to PUFF that they will know that they have changed.
So Ukronic came up with a new display on your reciever display screen that will show this.
Once converted to PUFF your reciever display at start up will go from b 7 5, b 7 5 to P U F F , P U F F. Pause on F for 30 seconds then come ON.

You can NOT load a normal b75 compressed 448 kb conversion bin to your reciever afterwards and it must be a new PUFF conversion 448 kb bin.

You can NOT load a 448 kb PUFF conversion bin over the b75 conversion bins either, you must convert using PUFF 640 kb conversion bin first in order to load a New PUFF 448 kb conversion bin.

For now who's ever PUFF 640 kb conversion bin you put on your reciever to convert to PUFF will be the BG you will have embedded into boot section of your reciever. Don't worry Jvvh says we need to come up with tools to allow you to change BG but that will be in do time.

If you use my PUFF 640 kb conversion bin to convert to PUFF, Yes you can use other PUFF 448 kb conversion bins done by others afterwards but it must be PUFF style. NO you will NOT just have to use my PUFF 448 kb conversion bins.

It will just keep my BG on your reciever thats all. Again the BG you will be able to change in do time.

I have my PUFF 640 kb bin done already (Thanks to Ukronic) and it is a 253 bin so it is up and running. Just wanted to test it out first before I start releasing it to the public.

:shock: Everyone will need to eventually change to the PUFF style bins but I will post both sets to give peps the time to convert over to PUFF but again you will have to eventually do it.

Want to give HUGE THANKS to Jvvh for always looking out and passing his knowledge on to us. "You are truly the man Jvvh5897"

Special THANKS to Ukronic for helping me understand and helping me out time and time again.If it wasn't for Ukronic as well, I wouldn't know most of the things I know now."

P.S. I am testing it and it works awesome

FWANK7

:shock: Everyone will need to eventually change to the PUFF style bins but I will post both sets to give peps the time to convert over to PUFF but again you will have to eventually do it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14346
If you did not load the Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin onto your reciever then DO NOT load this bin (see instructions above how to switch to PUFF).

IF NOT ALREADY PUFF CONVERTED....Load onto your PC: 1. PUFF60.zip 2. 253PUFF.zip and latest 254PUFF.zip and unzip files....and do as above sttes

This file is "ONLY" for people who switched to PUFF.

Do a blind scan or SAT scan. Set Default Key and let it A/R.

Turn A/R OFF (except Key Code) only if experiencing rebooting issues.

Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_254_(PUFF).zip linked here...

http://rapidshare.com/files/97981988/jvvh_fortec_pansat_canam_254_puff_527.zip.h tml

REMEMBER now..ONCE U CONCERT TO PUFF with the PUFF 253 file in first post here, all U need to do is just overwite the previous Puff file by uploading the latest PUFF file and then

Do a blind scan or SAT scan. Set Default Key and let it A/R....autoroll...may take 10-15 minutes

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1308
so what you're saying it that the last conversion JVVH KIT you told me to use that DIDN'T work right back in 2007 to convert my flu from 2500 to 2700 can now be converted back to 2500... right. and it will hopefully work right with this new PUFF file? i will take your word for it again but i have nothing to loss if this doesn't work cuz its been a doorstop since i converted it the last time .. wish me luck ... i will let you know if this does the trick. thanks for the info LK oh and btw NALIN if you read this ...the files you told me to use a few weeks ago DIDN'T DO SH!T for my FLU/pansat converted. It almost seems like the Serial cable for my flu doesn't work right and wont read the loaders do i need to use something else? and yes the com port is set right etc....

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1309
i might also add that the remote is still all messed up after the conversions to 2700 and IT WONT DO ANYTHING ELSE .. i can find the right button for menu (after trying them ALL) but it wont scan or anything after that.IT JUST SITS THERE in the main menu area.If you can please help me .. I don't really need this receiver to work BUT I HAVE TO FIX IT just because I want to . After all what kind of a TESTER am I if I can't do this?. So its me against the stupid receiver and I WANT TO WIN!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8919
The Pancrap hater has finally accepted the supeiority of Pansats.

Thanks for endorsing my efforts at keeping Pansat 2500 alive.

It is a great change of attitude and very postitive.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8920
INSTALLING PUFF BOOT AND BIN
These instructions are for Pansat2500/FLU whether converted to b75 boot or not
DO NOT USE ON GENUINE PANSAT 2700 OR REAL CLONE PANSAT 2700

Preparation
1. Connect receiver to computer using a straight RS232 cable
2. Turn on racier and let it come to rest at ON or the last channel number
3. Save your current channel list.
4. If your channel list is more than 6 months old, skip all the above.
5. KEEP RECEIVER ON.
Loading Boot60
6. Start 2700 to 2500 conversion software by Chancysand.
7. Select Boot in the Loader software.
8. Select Boot60 from the distributed software.
9. With the receiver ON, click on Write.
10. Wait for write to complete.
11. KEEP RECEIVER ON.
12. You will see horizontal night riders. DO NOT PANIC.
13. Close the 2700 to 2500 conversion loader and
Loading Boot/BIN PUFF '" must use the 640K PUFF BOOT/BIN combo.

14. Start the BL 1.4 updater.
15. Select Chancy's or jvvh 253 boot/Bin 640K file. The file name must have the word PUFF in it.
16. With receiver ON, Select BIN in the Loader and start write BIN.
17. When it has loaded it will say BURN on the loader software .
18. DO NOT SWITCH OFF.
19. When BURN is completed, your receiver will reboot and sat P-U-F-F
20. Leave it on.
21. Wait till it stops PUFFing and says ON.
22. Now switch it off.
Loading latest PUFF BIN. This is the part to be repeated in future with newer PUFF BINs. You will always use PUFF BINs clearly labeled PUFF

23. In the BL update 1.4, select the latest 254 PUFF BIN and select BIN in the loader. Keep right hand on mouse ready to write.
24. Turn on receiver at the back using left hand and as soon as you see P (of PUFF) scrolling, click on Write with right hand.
25. Again wait for BURN to take place and then the receiver will reboot, go through the P-U-F-F cycle and rest with ON showing.
Loading Channels.
26. Now install the channels using channel master.
27. Disconnect from receiver and connect to your TV.
Do user set up and attend to autoroll.
28. First thing '" do a user setup including date.time, time zone and turn closed caption off.
Blind Scan if Channel list old or not available.
29. If your channel list is good, you may skip a blind scan, otherwise do a Blind scan of your sat '" just one sat first.
30. If keys do not autoroll, go into parental control (CAS menu) and click on 'Set Default key and wait for autoroll to load the keys. It takes about 2-3 minutes.
31. You must do switch Off and On at the back in between if things are not happening as they should..

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1310
LK or Nalin what should I do as far as the straight RS232 cable goes.. that seems to be the the trouble I am having to convert this box.... I have tried other ways like using a USB cable etc... but nothing works.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1311
i read that Nalin ... thanks but still the cable is stopping me from doing or going any further. I don't want to Jtag If thats my last hope I will forget this conversions thing.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1312
oh one more thing .. it did read after ... that once you have converted to 2700 using LK's original file from 2700 that i might need a REAL Pansat remote. That I do not have ... just the FLU remote.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14356
I would begin by getting a new serial cable..

U should be able to use any remote..but since nalin has HIJACKED my thread...let nalin, kill your box now..

BTW...that box of yours should have been working all along since last year...U are ONLY person I know of, who never did convert it sucessfully..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8928
INSTALLING PUFF BOOT AND BIN
These instructions are for Pansat2500/FLU whether converted to b75 boot or not
DO NOT USE ON GENUINE PANSAT 2700 OR REAL CLONE PANSAT 2700

Preparation
1. Connect receiver to computer using a straight RS232 cable
2. Turn on racier and let it come to rest at ON or the last channel number
3. Save your current channel list.
4. If your channel list is more than 6 months old, skip all the above.
5. KEEP RECEIVER ON.
Loading Boot60
6. Start 2700 to 2500 conversion software by Chancysand.
7. Select Boot in the Loader software.
8. Select Boot60 from the distributed software.
9. With the receiver ON, click on Write.
10. Wait for write to complete.
11. KEEP RECEIVER ON.
12. You will see horizontal night riders. DO NOT PANIC.
13. Close the 2700 to 2500 conversion loader and
Loading Boot/BIN PUFF '" must use the 640K PUFF BOOT/BIN combo.

14. Start the BL 1.4 updater.
15. Select Chancy's or jvvh 253 boot/Bin 640K file. The file name must have the word PUFF in it.
16. With receiver ON, Select BIN in the Loader and start write BIN.
17. When it has loaded it will say BURN on the loader software .
18. DO NOT SWITCH OFF.
19. When BURN is completed, your receiver will reboot and sat P-U-F-F
20. Leave it on.
21. Wait till it stops PUFFing and says ON.
22. Now switch it off.
Loading latest PUFF BIN. This is the part to be repeated in future with newer PUFF BINs. You will always use PUFF BINs clearly labeled PUFF

23. In the BL update 1.4, select the latest 254 PUFF BIN and select BIN in the loader. Keep right hand on mouse ready to write.
24. Turn on receiver at the back using left hand and as soon as you see P (of PUFF) scrolling, click on Write with right hand.
25. Again wait for BURN to take place and then the receiver will reboot, go through the P-U-F-F cycle and rest with ON showing.
Loading Channels.
26. Now install the channels using channel master.
27. Disconnect from receiver and connect to your TV.
Do user set up and attend to autoroll.
28. First thing '" do a user setup including date.time, time zone and turn closed caption off.
Blind Scan if Channel list old or not available.
29. If your channel list is good, you may skip a blind scan, otherwise do a Blind scan of your sat '" just one sat first.
30. If keys do not autoroll, go into parental control (CAS menu) and click on 'Set Default key and wait for autoroll to load the keys. It takes about 2-3 minutes.
31. You must do switch Off and On at the back in between if things are not happening as they should..

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1313
well thanks for the attitude but I know of others that Pmed me in the past with same troubles I am having, they just didn't want to post it in the forum for fear of getting bashed. Anyway i have an other FLU and the straight RS232 cable works on it. ( is not been converted to 2700) so its not that. I am willing to admit I may have done it wrong from the start . But i can't under stand how to get it any further than MAIN MENU. If i got it that far.... why can't I be able to do anything else?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1314
Nalin please stop posting the INSTALLING PUFF BOOT AND BIN INFO I got it! I read it already. BTW IT'S NOT HELPING ME with my problem !!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8942
Doreen : You have not posted enough details to help you.
Can you give a better idea of the steps you took to get to "the frozen state" now?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1316
this is the instruction I fallowed .. it came with b75_m.bin and jvvh_208_1.bin downloaded files at DSSCOM...back in september 2007 or around that time anyway i for get when.

Intructions on how to convert your Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra to a Pansat 2700 CLONE

This is how to load your 2500,FLU or clone to a 2700 clone via the SERIAL PoRT

NO Need to Jtag!!!!...Just follow these instructions...Pay attention to these steps and specifically the Timing of Bin uploads..

You will Need a Pansat remote, but others have been sucessful with their receiver remotes.

Intructions on how to convert your Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra to a Pansat 2700 CLONE.

First, here's a list of tools that you need:

- RS 232 female-female STRAIGHT CABLE
- Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra remote control

Instructions/Procedure:

- Please turn OFF your receiver and disconnect it from the satellite & the TV cable
- Connect your receiver to your computer using RS 232 female-female STRAIGHT CABLE serial cable
- Turn ON your receiver and wait 20 seconds
- Open the FortecSTARSTB loader and select the boot file (b75_m.bin)
- On the loader's screen, under the Type options, please select Boot
- Now, please select the correct computer port (COM 1 or COM 2)
- Make sure your receiver is still ON and connected to your computer
- Now, on the loader's screen, please click Download
- Now, wait for it to complete
- After it's completed, you'll see B 7 5 flashing on your receiver's front panel/screen
- Now, please close the loader's window and leave your receiver turned ON
- Now, it's time to load the actual flash bin file into your receiver
- Please re-open the FortecSTARSTB loader and select the flash bin file (jvvh_208_1.bin)
- On the loader's screen, under the Type options, please select Flash
- Now, please select the correct computer port (COM 1 or COM 2)
- Make sure your receiver is still ON and connected to your computer
- Now, on the loader's screen, please click Download
- Now, wait for it to complete
- After it's completed, you'll see B 7 5 flashing on your receiver's front panel/screen
- That flashing B 7 5 will stop and freeze on number 5 for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds or so, your receiver will automatically boot (It'll turn ON automatically, after 30 seconds)
- Now, please turn your receiver OFF and disconnect it from your computer
- Finally, please connect the satellite and the TV cable to your receiver
- That's It, you're done! Now, you have a Pansat 2700 Clone receiver
Note: After you finish with the above steps, you have to re-scan your satellite(s). After you're done with that, you have to enter the latest keys (Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu). Here's what you need to do after you re-scan your satellite(s):

I turned on the TV and reciever... got to the main menu so i could start scanning etc... but remote didn't work right ( all the buttons are all messed up on the FLU remote)
this is as far as i got...

- Go to MENU
- Then, go to Parental Control
- Then, go to Second Pin and enter 0000
- Then, go to Set Default Key
- Then, go to Nagravision 2 to enter the latest Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu keys

After you enter and store the latest keys, please EXIT the menu and start watching TV!

I might also add LK told me to use these file and instructions I did everything the way it said BUT.. it froze at the main menu . Remote doesnt work right

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1317
oh and I did try to convert it BACK to 2500 But I can't even do that. like is said it seems like the serial cable doesnt work But it works on my other FLU that is still converted panssat 2500 clone

Gold Member

Post Number: 8951
Doreen:
Just look at the PUFF boot instructions that I have posted closely. Start by putting in boot 60 using the Chancy's special Convert to 2500 loader and proceed onwards.
After that only use BL updater 1.4 and BIN mode.
Remember that the instructions say you can go up to the full PUFF boot level with receiver "ON".
Then with receiver off and following my instructions, install the PUFF_254 bin

Get the files from the PUFF section of
http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit

Username: Ftatestuser13

Post Number: 1
I followed every steps to convert my pansat box to PUFF bin. But it still says "Scramble or Bas Channel". What do I need to do?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8953
Switch off at back and switch on.

Did you load a channel list or did you do a scan? You are required to do one of those things and do a user setup for date/time/zone

Post Number: 2
I scanned channel list manually since I don't know how to load channel list. I also tried switch off and on at the back but it still doesn't work.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 108
A universal remote $10 WallMart or using the AUX button of another remote such as(Viewsat)could be used to try other remote code #rs. "Puff" is what happened to someones box. It wasn't a good thing. Take peoples suggestions at your own risk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8959
hjl : You must do user setup to set date and time.
Just select Menu/installation/antenna - and select one sat. Then do a "BLIND SCAN" or "POWER SCAN"

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1319
i just did what the info said i didn't load any channel list etc.... it wont let me. btw i have dowloead all the file in that link you just put up ... my reciever was out in the garage all this time and is very cold to do anything with at the moment .. i have to wait till it warms up befor I am going to plug it in or on. so tomarrow I will try to FIX it. thanks Malin and LK for files and help . wish me luck .

Post Number: 3
Hi Nalin, I just did set time to local time turned off caption, and did "Blind Scan" as you told me. I also restared the box by turning off switch at the back. However, it still says "Scrambled or bad channel" Any idea?

Post Number: 4
Nalin, forget about what I said. It suddenly works now after one hour of darkness.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14430
bunp...read the first post here...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8993
For all converting to PUFF. Use these instructions. Download and print and read.
application/mswordUpload
INSTALLING PUFF BOOT AND BIN.doc (22.5 k)

Bronze Member
Username: Snuffles07

Post Number: 34
LK, helm me fix my Vortex Pro 7700. Right now this is what it says on my box info:

X-85BL
API:2.80a_EU
Boot ver:6.0
03.Oct.2006
Future-FTA

It doesn't have the B75 file in it.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14524
U don't want the B75 boot...U want the B60 boot, like U have now, in the receiver...U should be able to now just load the 253 file first, then upload the 254 file next, and be all set...

Forget everything nalin said here...she just gave bogus conflicting and confusing info again...contrary to my simple instructions here

just follow the instructions in the very first post here...and BELOW here

Here is the new PUFF 253 bin to convert to PUFF PUFF

-

Also here is the Loader and Boot60 zip.

In that zip file is the 2700 to 2500 convertor loader by Chancysand as well as the boot60 bin file.

Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253(640k) bin is the "MUST LOAD FIRST BIN" to get you converted to PUFF.

How to Load.

Open 2700 to 2500 Loader Converter.

Click Bin File, choose Boot60.

Turn reciever ON.

Let reciever fully boot up ,soon as you see ON hit Download.

Write will complete in 10-15 seconds.
Reciever will self reboot with knight rider dash (- - - -) rolling across display screen.

LEAVE RECIEVER ON DO NOT TURN IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Open FortecStarSTB loader or whatever Loader you use before.
Load Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin.
Hit Download.

After download complete reciever will pause on dash.
Reciever will self reboot to knight rider dash (- - - -) "again".

It will pause on 4th dash for 3-5 minutes DO NOT reboot reciever LEAVE it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reciever then will self reboot with P U F F_P U F F then pause on F for 30-60 seconds (wait) then display ON.

You can then load channel list or just hook up to Sat cable and TV and rescan your sats again(BLIND SCAN).
Set Default Key and let it A/R.
Turn A/R OFF (except Key Code) if experiencing rebooting issues.

No need to do a factory setting in main menu if your not having problems.
Do one if you are experiencing problems.

Both bins are clone safe.

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978493/attachmentpuff60_114.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/97978679/attachment253puff_116.zip.html

This will now, if done correctly, convert your 2500 or 2500 clone to a PUFF 2700 receiver, which will now require PUFF bins in the future..ALL future converted 2500's and their clones which be required to use PUFF bins, so U should go ahead and do this conversion to PUFF now...

Since this above is the PUFF conversion and PUFF 253 fix which is ONLY needed to be done ONCE, there will be future PUFF fixes, like the now current PUFF 254 to keep current with latesr changes...all u do is simpluy overwtite the previous Puff file, each time their is another newer Puff fix..I belive Puff 254 is now the most current, so just overwite it to the receiver after this conversion with Puff 253..

If you did not load the Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_(PUFF)_253_(640K) bin onto your reciever then DO NOT load this bin (see instructions above how to switch to PUFF).

IF NOT ALREADY PUFF CONVERTED....Load onto your PC: 1. PUFF60.zip 2. 253PUFF.zip and latest 254PUFF.zip and unzip files....and do as above sttes

This file is "ONLY" for people who switched to PUFF.

Do a blind scan or SAT scan. Set Default Key and let it A/R.

Jvvh_Fortec-Pansat_CanAm_254_(PUFF).zip linked here...

http://rapidshare.com/files/97981988/jvvh_fortec_pansat_canam_254_puff_527.zip.h tml

REMEMBER now..ONCE U CONCERT TO PUFF with the PUFF 253 file in first post here, all U need to do is just overwite the previous Puff file by uploading the latest PUFF file and then

Do a blind scan or SAT scan. Set Default Key and let it A/R....autoroll...may take 10-15 minutes

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
Awesome, thanks. Let me try this.

Silver Member
Username: Machedonul

Post Number: 311
i did everything u said and i get scrambled or bad channel
should i redo everything?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Awesome, my box works like a charm now :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
does this conversion to PUFF work for globecast as well or just for DN/BEV?

Silver Member

Post Number: 313
can anyone confirm globecast?

Silver Member
Username: Lucia

Calgary, AB

Post Number: 584
do we have to convert to PUFF? :S

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14549
yes..eventually all will be puff for 2500's...thats posted here 100 times..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9142
Lucia: You do not have to convert to PUFF.

As of today there are six b75 valid 254 BINs
There are three valid PUFF 254 BINs.
LK: When you do not even have a Pansat 2500 converted,
DO NOT MISLEAD PEOPLE with wrong statements.

Bronze Member
Username: Lotusbawa

Post Number: 25
I'm not able to convert from FLU to PUFF. I have megasat receiver converted to 2700FLU. It shows progress 100% but fails to write at end. Its shows error message "ERROR [E02]". I did exactly you guys told.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9160
If you follow the sequence;
1. load boot60 with receiver ON - WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT
2. load PUFF_253 by jvvh with receiver ON - WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT
3. Load PUFF_254 by CS i.e. CS_254t_PUFF_Lightning using the normal BIN loading at "Write BIN" when "P" of "P U F F" appears.

You will get a full load. Use CS before starting and reload the channels on completion. I have done 5 already and never failed.

Username: Snuffles

Post Number: 1
My box works great. I loaded cs_253t_puff_lightning first then cs_254t_puff_lightning and it autorolls by itself no need to input codes everytime they change. Awsome bin, thanks LK and Nalin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 314
my old channel seems to fail...it says SCRAMBLED OR BAD CHANNEL to all the channels...so now i blind scanned GC and the GC channels work...next is DN..it sucks cuz i have over 300 channels i have to add to my list one by one :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14692
U should all just convert to PUFF style bins now, because its going to be mandatory eventually...ALL bins will EVENTUALLY be PUFF..due to needed memory size for the coders, as explained earlier above in this thread...

Foolish to wait and continue to use OLD style B75 files..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9257
Either b75 or PUFF

http://public.box.net/2500_full_kit
You must select whether you want to have the old b75 files or the new PUFF files.
If you have b75 boot, you must convert to PUFF boot to use PUFF BINs.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT
WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us