CW 600S Premium (help)

Bronze Member
Username: Post_man

Post Number: 48
I am having a problem with the download.

File_____CW 600 PV1.76 bin____

Download_____S/W

COM 1 (my PC is set on COM1)

..............O%............

.....Start......Stop........

When every thing is set, the start button lights up
I push the start button and the stop button lights up, the % bar does not move. I wait and then I push the Stop button, then a message
appears (are you sure you want to stop?)

The receiver has been Booted and the ---- appear.

Please don't tell me how stupid that I am, only
what I need to do.

Bronze Member
Username: Redwater71

Post Number: 39
Have you tried the other com port selections in the loader ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
What version of loader are you using ?
1.05, 1.06, 1.07 ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
I have tried all the COM ports one by one.
I have tried both versions.
CW 600S Premium new interface and the
UpgradeV1 [1].07

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 832
make sure the front of your receiver looks like this --:-- and then you press the start button on the loader...also make sure u have the correct cable (rs 232)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Mr. Skullz
yes the front looks like the above, the start button lights and when I press it the stop button lights up.
Iam also using the cable that came with the receiver plus another RS 232 cable that I had
in the past I had other receiver but never had this problem. It has to be something minor that Iam not doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
try with loader 1.06, I've had absolutely no problems !

Have you upgraded bins before ?

Are you sure you rs 232 cable is plugged in the right port in your computer ?
- not in the sound card
- not in second monitor connector (video card)
- is your port on the computer 'active'/ installed ?
- do you have a com port ?

Bronze Member
Username: Whynot

Post Number: 15
1.06 is a good choice as a loader

where did you get the bin from?

is is uncompressed (unzipped/rar)?

ensure the rs232 is proper connected (secure)

Have you ever loaded this STB with a file be4?

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1330
whynot is right you have wrong cable

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1307
if you have used the re232 cable b4 then try this .... go the factory default and reset the receiver..... turn off the back switch..... load the 107 loader and newest bin 176 cw600P ..... turn back switch to ON..... after you see all the 0's and 8's are done now you should see the ...//... this is (safe mode) also its the clock setting. You should always load any thing in {safe mode) not BOOT except for the factory boot file only. now set it to the right COM you can try all of them one at a time ... warning ... after trying the com's remember to ALWAYS CLOSE the load with each try or you may get conflicts and the loader will not work right.
OK hoping that all is well so far now push START on the loader the yellow bar should start moving and in the front of you receiver you should notice the letters and numbers moving... after it is all finished you should see /END you may wish to load the long name channel list now but remember turn off the loader and reopen it every time you use it to load anything else. .... at this point turn OFF the receiver using back switch. take it to your TV or if you have unplugged anything now is the time to to plug it all back in . once its all set up to your TV now turn ON the back switch again. If there is any power going to your receiver when you are plugging in the cords you may blow something like outside switches or LNB etc... if you turn on your TV you should see the main menu appear you will now have to rescan for sats and channels. I hope you know how to do this. if not let me know and i will explain it to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us