Just got my viewsat HD and 8psk mod need some help

Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A.

Post Number: 54
Ok i just got my viewsat 9000HD and my 8psk board. I installed the board per instructions I've found on the internet with pictures very simple procedure. I've got the STB on and to finalize installation you have to turn the external tuner ON and the bottom of the list but for me with the card installed it is still not giving me the option to turn it on did i get a crap card or am I doing something wrong.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 55
I'm also having problems loading bins it doesn't see the usb device when i put it in and I tried a meme stick and and ipod to see if either would work and nothing. I'm jsut wondering if i was sent a smoked box.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 448
If the STB doesn't recognize the flash drive, make sure the drive is formatted FAT32.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 56
I did that and it still doesn't work the wierd thing is that the light on the drive flashes and shows fat32 1 gig on the screen then i try to upload and it give me the error message.

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 416
your thumb drive is too big 256kb is better size VS-9000 hd is still beta firmware.. let the vs format the drive also better than PC

did you get your 8spk sorted out ?

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 57
No I'm not sure if its the card or the box i know i have everything connected correctly there is a video on youTube on you to hook it up and it doesn't give me the option to turn on the EXT tuner still. as we speak I'm loading the bin in via serial cable and I will see if that changes anything. Also do you mean 256meg not K right.

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
yes 256m smaller the better for loading Bins they are small just keep one for that job ..

I think you need third party software on the box for 8spk to work turn to channel 535--540 echo8 HD

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 58
will it find those channels with the card in but not turned on in the setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 420
you have to scan

make sure your 8spk Rg6 link cable is good and connected the right spot

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 59
see that might be an issue I don't think I'm using good RG6 cable I'm just using whatever coax I had laying around.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 60
Also does anyone else with a VS 9000HD have an issue with the image being larger than the TV screen size and being slightly askew I tried connecting with a S-vid cable and standard RCA and got the same condition. The tv is just a regular SD 32" sharp CRT digital tv.

Bronze Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 29
You may get some help here....https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/board-topics.html

Home Video
DVD Players/Recorders, DVRs, TV, HDTV, Satellite, VCRs,

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 95
Take a deep breath and count to ten slowly. Now if your stuff is new its probably OK! The 9000 is shipped with a 1g flash so its prob OK. Make sure the data on it right. ? will it pickup channels on 110/129 with the 21000 s/r. Lyngsat will show HD channels in green. If so then its already on. Sat 129 is the main HD for DN. Get R6, get a HD tv and HDMI cable.If your going to go HD you have to go all the way. Good luck!

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
Ok I got RG6 and yeah signal strength bumped up and all that. started from factory setting got the 8psk card in and it still won't recognize it the EXT tuner option is still unchangeable and in the OFF state. I've tried every cable in the house and even cut a small RG6 jumper cable and still it won't see it. And i don't think the box is very new I got it on Ebay and the guy still had all his setting it there from harrisburg PA claiming it was new. And like I said the standard definition channels i get the image is off center and not as good as the same channel going through my computer setup using mytheatre and a twinhan card.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Hey tstdrvr what type of connections does that module have. They were taking the old dn 6000 modules and hooking them directly to a computer the same as they do with external hard drives or dvd plavers so having torn one of those apart its plugin is just like your computers IDE and power cables. If so there is software someone made. Google 8psk and find it quickly and if your box is burnt maybe not a total waste.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 62
The connections aren't anything that can be hooked up to a computer anywhere. I think I'm done with it I'll punt it off on Ebay to another sucker like me and go with the skywalker-1 like I wanted to in the first place I was just trying to free up the computer so the girlfriend can watch TV while I can do some gaming.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 63
I think this box is busted I'm talkin' to the guy I got it from on Ebay about returning it and I think I'll try a pansat 9200 I found a site NOT ON Ebay thats selling them for $399.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 454
http://stores.ebay.com/chris-dcsales

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
tstdrivr
Does that skywalker receive turbo 8psk needed for DN HD or any other you know of. I saw one post that said his Techtrends s2-3200 did but need to confirm it.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 64
http://www.cyberestore.com/technotrend-s23200-mpeg4-dvbs2-satellite-tuner-p-769. html
WOW yeah if I'm reading that right it supports 8psk and its only like half the price of the skywalker plus its a PCI card. The last thing my computer needs is another tentacle hanging off of it with a usb device. Good eye man I might just pick that up. As far as the skywalker it does pick up 8psk but it says its not DVB-s2 if thats possible.

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 65
Oh wait is there a difference between 8psk and turbo coded 8psk or is that just the long name for it

Gold Member
Username: Way2smart

Www.Desifta.com

Post Number: 1379
to see how to update vs 9000hd (video)available at [link removed]

Silver Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 725
Problem with USB!
The USB key contains a program and cheep usb key is not recognized by box.
Buy Lexar who work on all sold in Walmart
Dont pay for nothing

Bronze Member

U.S.A.

Post Number: 71
I figured that might have been a problem but i still can't get the 8psk card to work and the picture looked awful and crooked I'm getting rid of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us