Captivework 700P Remote control not working

Username: Purokaibil

Post Number: 1
My captiveworks 700p RCU doesn't seem to be working.

Press the power button and nothing happens.

I then turn the STB manually and try to use the RCU and still nothing.

Change two sets of new batteries and remains dead.

I do make sure to press the "STB" button before anything else.

Could it be because that STB button got reset?

Is there a way to program that button to control the box again?

I'm sure it will be like programing the "TV" or "VCR" buttons, one will need the code in order to program it.

I read somewhere else that the code for the CW 600 is 009 but it didn't work on mine.

so far, i use the buttons located on the box but will thank you guys if you have an answer for me before I decide to get a new controller or you thing it might be the box?

Thank you for your replys in advance

Post Number: 2
To clarify to my above post.

My Captiveworks is a 700s not a 700P... my bad.

Thanks.

Username: Whynot

Post Number: 9
Puro.. Hey maybe this will help you if you haven't tried it already.....

On your remote make sure the STB button is pushed in. The remote will not work without that being pushed on remote will not work (provided the STB function is on the remote).

If that doesn't work reload factory firmware>default settings>reload current binary for perticular STB and see what goes from there.

Ps. If you do the factory firmware don't forget to load the binary memory leak fix prior to the current binary file.....Just a thought if this doesn't work then at least your box is still safe and bruce or some1 else can try to assist you...Good Luck let us all know how it comes out

Post Number: 3
Than you "WhyNot" for your reply.

Yes firs thing I press is the STB button on the controller.

I'm thinking maybe the button got reset and the only way to make it work is to reprogram it again.

I'm sure it can be program using the "SET" button and by entering the code number for the CW700s which I don't have and will appreciated if any one has to post it here.

I've program the "TV" button and it does turns on/off my TV set.

That leads me to think that the STB button got reset.

But appreciate the advice and if there is no other alternative will try as last resource.

will wait if Bruce comes up with something before I proceed.

Thanks.

Post Number: 4
guess what?

got inpatient and went ahead and did the factory reset... load binary memory leak fix, and then load the current dn fix and still no dice.

can it be that the IR eye on the unit went bad?

puzzle here....

might be a good time to send it back and get a replacement from Captiveworks USA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Puro, hope you loaded the factory firmware (bin) prior to memory leak binm then current bin, that was my suggestion as this process has worked before. if not try it. On the other hand if the IR was bad how could you control the tv with same remote. I will attempt to look around for the code.

I also have a this C/P from the Creative Genius-(supermod from another site) you may try.
(see if the manual code search will work) I am posting full for your filing needs.

Remote Control Setup for the CW700:

Code input

1. Turn on the device which you planning to program

2. Find the code from the code list to match the brand of your device.

3. Press "SET" button until 3 seconds later, then LED will be light on.

4. Press the device function button( ex. TV), then the LED will light once.

5. Input the 3 digi code which matches the device in the list, the LED will blink once for each code. If the code is valid for this device, the LED will be off, means the code is fit for this device. If the code is not valid, the LED will be off after blink some times, means the code is not correct for this device, need to input new code.

6. Now to test whether the RCU can control the device, if can't, return back to the code setup procedure, and input other code that supposed to match this brand device, if all the code under this brand can't control this device, you need to try the following way by code searching, you may be able to find the code.

7. Write down the correct code for next time use.

###### Manual code search ###########

Code searching means starting from the current device by pulsing 1 to continue search, one time "POWER" one time plus 1 to the code.

1. Press "SET" and hold it for 3 seconds, then LED will be light.

2. Press the function button (ex.TV) , LED will blink once

3. Aim the RCU to the device (ex. TV) and press "POWER" button, one time "POWER" you will get LED blink once.

4. When it switch off the device, means the code you input is correct, then press"EXIT" and save the code, LED will be off. If you have problems with tv and dvd hold SET down for 3 seconds while holding SET push TV or DVD while SET is being pushed. Led light on TV or DVD should stay on, then put code in.

Code auto setup

1. Press"SET" and hold for 3 seconds, LED will be on

2. Press the function button(ex.TV), LED will blink once.

3. Aim the RCU to the device (ex.TV) and press"POWER" button once and release.

4. When it switch off the device, means the code you input is correct, then press"EXIT" and save the code, LED will be off.

Code Display Setup

1. Press "SET" and hold for 3 seconds, LED will be on,
release the button.

2. Press the function button (ex. TV), LED will blink once.

3. Press "SET" button again, LED will blink once.

4. Press any numeric button, when you press one number and make the LED blink once, this number should be the first one in the code.

5. Repeat the above 4, take the same way to find the second and third number for this code.

When you find the third number, the LED will be off.

Silver Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 102
I had sameproblem in my 600p. My reciever was faulty. I sent it back to local service center and they took care of it. BTW I reset it to factory defaults before sent it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
If ur STB is under warranty, u should always put the factory bin back in prior to sending out... but I think Puro is speaking of just sending his remote (RCU) back if he cant get it working..But by all means if you send the entire Unit make sure u put in factory bin be4 hand...I'm still looking for code no luck thus far

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Puro I have not had any luck on a search for your RCU code, Maybe Bruce 1 have the input code you search for. I've just never heard of it and can't seem to locate anything other than previous post. Again Bruce I'm sure will clear this up for you...good luck

Post Number: 5
Thank you.... yes "WhyNot" I loaded factory prior to memory leak and current DN fix.

I was hesitating to try the "code auto setup" feature for the STB button but might give it a try.

I read somewhere that the code for the CW600 is 009 for the STB button, hope Bruce find it for me, I'll post it if I find.

In any case, 10-4 on the loading of the factory bin before sending it back for repairs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
cool also if you go to crazyfta (.com) bruce is a mod there and he is usually on the chatbox on the home page, safe site RTAP, Bruce and others that help out here are the mods so you might get a quicker response by going there only a thought
Good luck, Post and let me know for future reference if you get it.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1332
im trying to find info on this will post back but i then you might need new remote and you did remove the plastic film off the front of the box

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1333
CW remotes are known to have some issues..if u tried everything and nothing seems to work then maybe it would be best if u buy another CW remote or even better a universal remote...Harmony is known to be a good one but a bit pricey($80-$100)..CW universal sells for about $15-$20 on fleabay..i'm sure there are others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us