Samsung DLP check ventilation

Username: Ciscomancer

Anchorage, AK USA

Post Number: 3
Samsung HLR5067W, had reboot problem tech replaced Digital Board, DMD and lamp 3 months ago. Last week it would not turn on, I was getting the check lamp cover error code. Made sure the switch was being hit, added a bit of tape on the tab and tv was working. Last night went to turn it on and I get power on, then lamp light blinks until it shuts off. No picture no sound. Put in a brand new bulb, no change. When i hit power, i hear the ballast click, the lamp takes about 15-25 seconds to light, fans come on and I hear color wheel spin up. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 108
Jason,
Your colorwheel may be getting stuck. How long have you had the TV? It may be time for a new colorwheel.

If the TV turns on, try turning on to the service menu and doing a factory reset. I don't remember how to get the service menu but fixyourdlp.com should have that information.

LEt us know how it goes.

Username: Ciscomancer

Anchorage, AK USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks ova. After reading through all of these forums, it seems like others have solved this with a color wheel. I wanted the tech to replace it with the other parts but i was sick of dealing with him after 5 trips to make repairs. I have had the TV three years. I am going to take it apart on Sun. to check the wheel.

Service menu is MUTE-1-8-2-POWER is anyone else needs it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us