Solving VS freezing

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 258
To solve this freezing problem, turn off your VS from the back switch, then turn on at the same time you'r pressing the remot control and holding firmly until you reach channel 100 that is where you stop until a new bin is downloaded

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 173
karkour, I think it's easier to install the factory bin and wait for new bin......

Silver Member
Username: Jojogun

Fairfield, CA United States

Post Number: 419
Yes, me too, in fact I just installed the factory bin on my vspvr7000 and now I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the fix.

Silver Member
Username: Ong_tu

Post Number: 327
1. Turn off receiver using toggle switch at the back.
2. Disconnect the cable [dish] and leave disconnected
3. Turn receiver on using the toggle switch at the back and change to channel 100.
4. Turn off receiving using the toggle switch at the back
5. Reconnect cable [dish]
6. Turn on receiver using the toggle switch at the back.

After doing this ... I loaded an old fix [December 22/07 one] ... and everything on the receiver and remote works.

Now ... it's just a matter of waiting for a new file ... and we should be golden. Need more information go to------------
http://www.all-gadgets.net/forums/index.php

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1285
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Qupaga

Post Number: 37
thanx Ong_tu ,I did it, no freezing, remote works

Bronze Member
Username: Harchi777

Surrey, Bc Canada

Post Number: 29
my vs ultra shows only no 1.
should i do all this .pl help

Silver Member
Username: Iduknow

Post Number: 111
Disconnect sat. cable from back of unit, then turn on receiver, go to any non $ channel ie. NASA TV; at least you have something to watch; seat back and wait for fix, you may also want to enjoy the weekend for a change. anyways yor receiver is ready for new fix if you browse FTA channels no a lot but no freeze either.

Bronze Member
Username: Harchi777

Surrey, Bc Canada

Post Number: 30
thanks my friend

Bronze Member
Username: Cailo

Post Number: 62
iduknow

I followd what you did, and it worked, as long as I am watching FTA channesl..no problems, but once I go to scrambled channel..it freezes again..

But many thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately, it is going to be a long, and cold weekend!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Palaceayc786

Post Number: 46
if i put the factory bin would i have to lock all the channels i have locked back?

Bronze Member
Username: Anne_p

Noord , Aruba Dutch Caribbean

Post Number: 25
Thanks Ong_tu, receiver works but only at 101 / 213 etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Watzupwitu

Post Number: 77
When you do what Ong_tu suggested, then turn to channel 9031 and watch CNN while you wait for bin

Bronze Member
Username: Oniea

Post Number: 11
view sat ultra and 9000hd bins out on ftabins, f2atv ect

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 990
oleg
Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida
usa

Post Number: 989
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 07:27 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: New ECM Feb 29 is Hitting Soniview & Viewsat - Others don't seem affected!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Viewsat and SonicView users:

Turn OFF your receiver using the switch on the back. Then disconnect your LNB cable. Turn your receiver back on (with the LNB cable disconnected) and you should have full menu functions back but you will NOT have TV.

You will have to wait for a new bin fix. When it is released, re-flash your receiver with the new bin. After reboot, turn the receiver OFF again using the switch on back before reconnecting your LNB cable.

Summary: your receiver is not fried but you will not be able to use it until a new bin file is released. Leaving the LNB cable disconnected until the new bin is released will simplify flashing your receiver without interference from whatever is in the stream that is affecting Viewsats and SonicViews.Thanks for oleg Ph.D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us