Dish ready for a card swap ?

Bronze Member
Username: Ez2ctv

Platinum Mem...

Post Number: 57
Heads up people,

Lyngsat has added NAG 3 in addition to NAG 2 for encrypton system.

makes me think full emulation of current plastic for FTA is VAPORWARE.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1259
Bell is ready for a card swap // 2008-02-26 From EKB:
ExpressVu implementing new anti-piracy measures Monday, 25 February 2008 For the second time in three years, Bell ExpressVu is introducing a new signal encryption system which the company hopes will thwart pirates from stealing its satellite television signals.

The implementation of the new encryption system by ExpressVu is a two step process similar to the company's last encryption scheme change in July of 2005.

To defeat pirates from stealing their broadcasts, digital cable and satellite television providers, such as ExpressVu, encrypt the signals prior to transmission. Once the signals reach the subscribers homes, the encrypted signals can only be decrypted by an authorized digital set top box or satellite receiver.

Since the last encryption scheme update in 2005, the ExpressVu and Dish Network systems in the United States, have been seriously compromised by satellite pirates who are using inexpensive Free-to-Air (FTA) receivers to illegally watch ExpressVu and Dish programming.

Last year, the Carmel Group estimated that more than 2 million homes in North America were pirating Bell ExpressVu and Dish Network Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite television signals.

To combat the pirates, ExpressVu is introducing its new signal encryption system in a two step process. The first step is to issue new firmware updates to all Bell direct-to-home (DTH) satellite receivers. The firmware update is typically sent out by the company at night to selected receivers without any intervention by the subscriber.

Digital Home readers inform us that Bell has already begun upgrading the firmware in several satellite receivers including the ExpressVu 5100, 5800 and 5900 standard definition PVR's and 6100 HD receivers.

The second step in the update process is for subscribers to perform a card swap. In a national dealer bulletin issued earlier this month, the company informed dealers that all impacted clients will receive a letter in the mail with the new upgraded Conditional Access (CA) SmartCard and instructions on how to swap their cards.

Swapping the SmartCard on ExpressVu receivers is usually a simple process. On most ExpressVu receivers, the SmartCard is located at the front on the left hand side. The card fits into a small slot and, depending on the model, is either exposed or behind a protective panel.

The subscriber just removes the old card and slides in the new one. Some ExpressVu receivers may not have a SmartCard in the slot so the subscriber simply slides the new card in the free slot.

Once the new card is in place, customers can activate the new card online or via a toll free phone number. Bell says it will then take approximately 15 minutes to 2 hours for programming to return to normal.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2463
Yep
Confirmed
on all 61.5, 110, 118, 119, 148
They will announce in May 17th 2008
Like I said in a different thread

Also for International 118
Yo'll need an entirely different box
Is what I heard from people with legit subscriptions

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 167
but wasn't nagra 3 hacked in Europe?

Silver Member
Username: Oleg1474

Florida Usa

Post Number: 979
Jayson !!
yes...Thanks for Oleg Ph.D.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2464
Jayson
I haven't seen any solid proof of N3 cracked
But I tell yo until it happens
I like to see either V-guard or D-Cypher2 cracked
N3 maybe tough right now but who knows?
Everything possible
We'll see how PTA change directions

Username: Meyerlansky

DC

Post Number: 4
Shytes! So what if anything can we the FTA patrons do when DN and Bev hit us with this in May? Or should I say, what can the Coders do? Looks like the sky will fall that bloomin Saturday! Thanks for the heads-up though guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us