Nfusion...what is it (pros & cons)?

Silver Member
Username: Lynchmob450

Post Number: 102
Can someone give me a quick summary (or link from a previous post) of what nfusion is and how it is different from your run of the mill FTA receiver?

Nalin...you have a lot of knowledge. What is your opinion on this receiver?

Peace.

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1509
nfusion is a fta receiver it updates itself by connecting to internet..and it usually is always up and never goes down...the part that sucks is that DN might catch u with it..;) since it connects to internet

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 14001
it is NOT unsafe at all...thats a myth...from people that don't understand how complex it is with all the timing and relays..

Its much easier to get caught downloading illegal files from a site that getting caught using Nfusion..

Nfusion is as close to a subscribed receiver as can be...set it and forget it...its the way of the future for FTA..its made for lazy people who don't want to read or have a FTA hobby...its perfect, to keep the family from complaining about " no TV"....

takes 30 minutes to setup initially, then never touch it again ...been down 1x for couple hours since November...updates fixes and keys by itself via your high speed the net and your router, and U don't even notice it..

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8546
Basically it is a receiver that is up most of the time even during the ECMs. Th downside has been ably explained by satgrl.
On the other hand, the bad part may not be as bad as suggested by her. I urge you to read the full thread on it about a month ago in this forum, before you make the purchase.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8547
Zamud Haman : Do not listen to LK.
She has just been partly instrumental in having innocent people get defrauded in a scam. The scamsters got $20,000.

Silver Member
Username: Lynchmob450

Post Number: 104
Thnx Nalin & SatGirl. I've started to read up on this and Dreambox. Nice to be able to get useful information.

Bronze Member
Username: Adam2436

Post Number: 20
Well I think the exposure of IP address has potential risk in two fold:

Exposure of your IP address may not conclusively incriminate yourself, but it certainly brings unsolicited attention, the attention motivates efforts to collect other evidences used against you.

Exposure of server IP make the server an easy target. It's far more easy for DN to shutdown the server, incriminate the server owner, or even use the "Denial of Services" attack to disable the server. Without server nFusion is just another box.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2453
Nfusion has the biggest triamph among all FTA today
But no one can guarantee yo that will always be the case
If Nagra's team can spoof and hijack FTA sites
They'll strike back and zap all nfusion boxes live
Back engineering folks is what this is all about

Is it a potential risk or not
I say yes
The only risk I see they can disarm your bios live
I don't think the real risk is getting caught
As much as risk of receiver damage
My personal opinion
nfusion is the worst and last FTA choice despite its great success
nfusion will be highest target on Nagra's team

But just like anything is what kind of a risk are yo willing to take?

Bronze Member
Username: Kart_57

South Florida

Post Number: 70
I don't see Kings post for 2/26/08 9:48 am.

Silver Member
Username: Letmeon

Post Number: 203
If it is behind a router connected to the internet, it is actually behind a firewall (ur router is one).
It would not be detected from the net.
Would DN waste time searching the internet for such devices ? They are already wasting time on the ecms.

Bronze Member
Username: Daneegha

Post Number: 100
???????

Gold Member
Username: Hardrockstriker

Post Number: 1020
Your home router firewall does not give you anonymity. It still has a "real" Internet IP addy that your ISP logs. Having said that, the sat networks would have to somehow monitor the Internet traffic (a very expensive endeavour indeed!) to get a warrant for the ISP logs. Not to say that it'll never happen, but, at the moment they don't seem to be doing anything about prosecuting IKS users. Still, the traffic from IKS server to your receiver can be encrypted to hide the traffic, just like how bit torrent technologies work.

IKS server are offshore, which makes them NOT illegal. However, an IKS user who uses the keys to decode and get free tv is breaking the law.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us