FTA DN or BEV in Colombia??

Bronze Member
Username: Miamihitman09

Post Number: 98
Hello all. Can i get DN or BEV in Colombia? If not what English SAT can i get??

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 2479
do u mean brithish coulmbia or columbia as a country..pls explain

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
I am talking about Colombia the country. I need to know if I can get Direct Tv or Dish TV or FTA with English speaking channels??? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 427
Eric
There are few FTA channels at SatMex 5 @116.8*W
and at SatMax 6 @ 113.o*W you could pick these Birds up with a 75cm Dish and a Linear LNB
from Colombia. Dish and Bev Spot Beams does not cover Colombia. Ku band Foot Print covers your country are Pan America, K2, C2 and C3.
Go to Lyngsat and look, you may find some more FTA Birds that fly over your country.

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 204
This can also help you. Remove the * and place a dot(.)
http://ramos-e*com/satelite/

Bronze Member
Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 42
I went to the web site above and typed in 119 for Colombia and it returned with coordinates. It did not say anything about Sat not being available in location.

I believe you about Dish not being available that far south, but I was curious to see how the web site would respond. It seems to be misleading.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigspud

Post Number: 44
might be possible with a 12ft ku dish. its about same signal strength as western alaska.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Is there a web site that gives the coordinates and satellite type/size required.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
good question guys and thanks? I do not want to just be listening to spainish channels!

Username: Abeyambu

Post Number: 4
eric. where in colombia?

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 205
Upreferee if i'm not mistaken you have to go right below the coordinate calculator to the
Bandas Ku and C footprints and click on the footprint for the desired sat, some footprints have numbers that you have to translate by scrolling down to dimensions for dishes.

Username: Abeyambu

Post Number: 5
i am located in bquilla using a 1.80 mt. dish . getting 110 & 119 80%

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Ernesto, I found the section that tells you the diameter of the dish, but I am not clear on a couple of things. As a cross reference to the size, there is a column EIRP (dBW). What is this?

Also, if it says I need a dish size 25.59 inches, can I just use a 30 inch dish? You can use whatever size is the next higher than the required size?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us