Captivework help

Username: Jk5519

Post Number: 4
A friend has a CW600s. I need to know what loader I need to load the bin file, where to find loader and where is a good site to get needed information about this stb.

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 162
Jay..loader and file everything you need is in there...you need to register first.

http://www.ftabins.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 114
f2atv will get you all you need to get your Captiveworks up at lease I know this web page is working

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 163
your loader..Captiveworks CW600s Regular Loader 1.05

Post Number: 5
Thanks, I will try that site. This receiver is new to me. I know the ins and out of the pansat receivers. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Leafs

Post Number: 484
files for CW, skyview, conaxsat and fortec have been posted at www.ftasolutions.co.nr

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 208
Jay Kay--then you will find testing this one just as easy, if not easier.

Post Number: 6
Still having problems with this receiver. I have several questions. First are there two CW600 stb? A CW600s and CW600 premium? I have search for pictures and they appear to look the same. Part of the paint on this stb has come off. It appears to say Captiveworks. Looks like CW600s. My friend buddy has the same and he told me CW600s.

I'm attempting to get him up and running again. So this is what I'm using. He has a DN 500pro disk. A CW600s, I'm using Loader 1.05 and have loaded bin files 1.66, 1.67, and 1.68 and none have worked. Still getting Scramble channel. I have not changed any setting in the antennae setup. 110 is on lnb1, 119 is on lnb2. This disk has a build in switch. Have check and the bin file is listed on the STB information. So am I missing a step somewhere. I now have the receiver at my location and I hope to get it up and running for him very soon.

Second question is this patch enable/disable? What does it do? Do I have to use the patch after loading a bin file?
Thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Jay Kay--did you activate the patch after updating? If it's not activated, it won't work. You can find if it's disabled by pressing F1--if it says disable, then it was previously activated. Usually, you don't have to activate the patch again after updating. However, if you did a default, then you do.

Often times, you have to turn the box off and then on again (from the back) with the CW600s. The receiver can be 'picky' that way.

If you are using the 1.05, you are using the right updater/uploader.

Post Number: 7
So even if the About STB shows SW ver 1.66 Loader Ver V2.50 Model ID CX_Kround Date 11/02/08 and I's still getting Scrambled channel I need to reload the bin and enable the patch? I didn't do a default. What bin is working on this stb? His friend said that 1.66 was working for him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
Jay Kay: Forgot to add that you can tell the difference between the CW600s and P, because it will say Premium on it, if it's a premium.

Also, sometimes, after an update, it can take quite a bit for the keys to rolls, and it will show scramble, etc. until it finishes the roll.

Therefore, turn in on and off from back, then just let it sit if it says scrambled for at least 10-15 minutes to see if the picture comes in, if it doesn't directly after the reset.

In addition, if you press F1 and it was activated, it will now be deactived. So, you will need to reactive it by pressing F1; the LED display 'H', then press '000'.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Look on Crazyfta (.com) for the latest bin. If I recall, 167, was the last one I tested on a friends receiver. And it hasn't had to be updated since. The last couple of bins have had freezing issues; however, it's not a big deal you just flip it on and off from the back to fix the problem.

When was the last time this was updated, before now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
It's verified that 167 is a working bin. I think that 168 was an update for the freezing issue. 166 is not a working bin.

Post Number: 8
Got it up and running. It was uploading the keys. This stb had not been updated in 3 weeks. I was use to the pansat waiting for picture and kept turning the stb off. Was not use to the way this one worked on that end. Thanks for all of the response. Thats why I read post here because of the knowledgable tester. Thanks again.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1295
here are some piture
Upload
Upload
1 on top is cw600p the botom 1 is cw600s hope this helps you

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
Glad to hear it's up! Enjoy.

Also, I never really answered your question in regard to the F1 (enable patch) if you didn't default. The answer is no. However, you never know when someone pushed the F1 without knowing it, therefore, deactivating the patch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1298
new bins for cw600p bin174 and new bin for cw700 152 and for cw800s 152 enjoy all from crazyfta dot com fast and free

Silver Member

Post Number: 217
Thanks Bruce.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1301
your welcome joe any time

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8500
bruce 1: Do have another look at the Star plus situation and see if you can get it going for the CW owners.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1302
i have this member at my site that is asking about this i dont watch foren ch so if you can tell me what sat it is i might be able to do somthing i keep asking the member never stays that long so tell my what sat and the tp pleas and ill try

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8503
Bbruce 1: So far what we have on many receivers is these facts. We are looking for Star Plus channel - the most popular channel of India.

1. Echo 3 (61.5W)
2. Blind scan does NOT get it.
3. TP scan of 12443 H (SR 20000) with auto on video/Audio/PVR does not get it.
4. TP scan 12443 H (SR 2000), The three parameters changed to
Video 5666
Audio 5667
PVR 5666
gets CH_A with a channel number 0. This, in fact, is the much needed Star Plus channel.

Your help will be appreciated by many CW owners.
They have tried and failed so far and I have no access to CW to test.
I got it on a converted Pansat 2500 after 2-3 tries, and people are viewing it on their Viewsats as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Jppatelahd

Post Number: 67
hello bruce I : i have CW600s Premium i tried all of above which nalin says but no results.. do u have any idea? please help me?

Bronze Member
Username: Jppatelahd

Post Number: 69
hello bruce help please?

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 156
Is CW still working with todays bins?

Bronze Member
Username: Im5150

Post Number: 57