MyTheatre, DPP, switch setup help

Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A.

Post Number: 41
Here's my setup twinhan 102g, MyTheatre 3.37, D1000, with Dpro plus LNBs and a DP34 switch. originally i had legacy lnbs but could only get 2 positions to work on the DP34. Now I'm using a DPP dual lnb and it works without the DP34 using its own internal switch and when i hook it up to the DP34 i can't get it to switch. now do i need to use 2 spots on the DP34 for the dual lnb or can i get it to switch itself with just 1 cable running from the LNB to the first position on the DP34 and how do i set it up in the mytheatre LNB/diseqc setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 78
Hey! Why cant they make anything simple. This worked for me. Scan sats one at a time without switch (A MUST) then go 1st committed#1 + 2nd committed#1=119. 1st committed#1 + 2nd committed#2=110. 1st committed#1 + 2nd committed#3 if you have that jumper cable to a 3rd lnb. Now you can add a couple more dishes to that switch. Be sure to click apply to every setting change and you may want to close and restart after scans. There are special transponder ini files to use for dealing with DP bandstacking.

Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A.

Post Number: 42
So essentially your saying that the dual lnb itself is considered 2nd committed switch and the DP34 is the 1st committed switch. When you talk about the jumper cable where does that go to, the DP34 switch or does it patch into the dual lnb. What brought all this on was about a month ago I think it was you posted the transponder list for use with DishPro lnbs changing everything to vertical and so on. Well i finally got motivated enough to mess with it and everything seems to be working fine except the switch issue, with the backyard i have a motor dish is out of the question with the trees so I'm trying to get as much out of the switch as possible. And i think that there is only like 4 or 5 of us on this site using computers for "testing" so thanks for the help lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 79
You got it Dp or DP+ is a diseq switch or actually its 1 switch per port and I guess the loop through port is the "+" in DP+ and it can be used for another dish or dish 1000 uses a dual + single combo. One nice thing about these pci dvb is they support diseq2.0 required for multiple switches. Better check yours before all that trouble of scanning. If it isnt you could still run one cable per lnb to your dp switch. And with its multi out ports your not limited to 1 receiver like A diseq 4x1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us