What FTA receiver - best bang for the bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 76
I am helping a friend get a FTA receiver I would appreciate your input in this regard, under different categories.

EMU: CaptiveWorks 700s - since USB update and $109, anything better?

IKS: Nfusion $219 or Neosat $179 - this I do not know?

HD: SonicView 4000HD or is there anything better?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
oops it is SonicView 8000HD not 4000

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1662
cw700 best value for newbie

Bronze Member
Username: Memece3

Post Number: 40
If your thinking about buying a receiver at this point when things are looking like it will be dead within a year, I would buy a PVR like the VS 7000 so you can record everything you can, while you can! And buy lot's Hard Drives to go with it. Otherwise in my opinion your just wasting your money just watching!!! I have 10 500 gb drives full, for years of viewing experience even if FTA dies. And I think all VS units are on sale if I saw the ad right.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1275
captive works boxes are the best bang for your doller and if your buddy dont mind to bring his box to the computer the cw700s and the cw600p are prety much the same exsept for usb for loading bins and the cw600p use a cable from pc to box and the cw600p gos for 79 dollers new and cw is the most eazyest box to load and got great support this box got more up time then most of the fta boxes out there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Thanks for your responses, this has made me think in a new direction.

Are IKS based receivers going to be still up when card changes occur which seems to be imminent or the only ones up would likely be Linux based receivers with some card sharing?

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 203
Bruce--I'm with Bruce. I became familiar with the CW after helping out a friend. If I wanted to buy a new box and spend very little money, that would be my choice too.

However, if you are looking too spend more money, and have more bells and whistles, every one I know recommends Viewsat.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us