Vs dead or needs tlc?

Bronze Member
Username: Kewonsc

Post Number: 24
Friends have a vs2000platinum extreme clone.Still can get the menu and guide but after five minutes or less machine shuts down and a single number will show on front,the number changes each time.Is the machine fried or can it be fixed(without hardware change?)

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1269
did you try the new bin that is out its at crazyfta dot com in the bin section

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 271
I had a dead real xtreme, still dead.
the only way I believed is replace the chip, needs tools and skills.

there are fix out there seems to be for the clone xtreme only, you can search it, if you open your box and find a jumper near the back panel next to the sat tuner box, then you are probably able to give a try.

good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 8292
You can do something with hardware/software repair combination.
Ask Tooter - he has good info on this subject.

Bronze Member
Username: Upreferee

Post Number: 36
Have you tried loading the factory bin on it. I had an Xtreme that gave off a burning smell and then the LCD display was flashing on and off. I thought it was toast. I left it alone for a few days and then decided to give it one last try. I loaded the factory bin from the Viewsat web site. The load of that bin went flawless. No flashing LCD. Next, loaded the latest bin. Hooked it up. Set up the Sat. info. and lo and behold it was working.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
lucky you, my dead xtreme showed nothing at all on the panel.

there is one post about switch on/off several times from the back, my would just showed all weird different things, the loader would not recognized the box at all.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1658
Mad Flea,
open the box and get a pliers and squeeze the two wires that are hooked to the switch to tighten them,i had same problem,works great now

Bronze Member
Username: Kewonsc

Post Number: 25
Thanks for the info all,I guess its read,read,read some more on the subject lol.Being still very much a newbie any info is appreciated.Thanks again

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
african,

thanx, so you had the bad back switch and You think my door stopper could be that too?

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1667
yes,try it
the switch was not bad but the wires that are connected to the switch
the connectors were loose
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us