CS7100 - Factory Reset Working (DN)?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingparcel101

Post Number: 12
With latest ECM, my CS7100 was working, but freezing with 137. After reading that 127 bin fixed the freeze I installed it. However, all my settings were lost, I couldn't get a signal, and couldn't toggle some settings to get the signal back.

So I did a "factory reset" and was going to re-install 127. But when I scanned channels right after the factory reset, not only is DN up and not freezing, but an issue of duplicate channels I was having with 137 (actually since 134 when I bought my CS7100), is fixed!

Am I missing something here. Did the factory reset not reset and is in fact using 127? The CS7K loader does not have support for checking which BIN is installed (like old CS5K used to), so I can't check.

When I read about "old bins working", could it be that the factory bin could also work? I highly doubt it, but this is interesting to me, and has me a bit confused.

Any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingparcel101

Post Number: 13
Never mind, I checked the system information menu, and 127 is in fact installed. I guess "factory reset" does not reset the bin.

Sorry for the confusion. But my channel list is good with 127 (again, some issues with 134+).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us