RCA (OH NO!) HD52W140 Dead!

Username: Normrud

Lake Mills, WI USA

Post Number: 6
I have an RCA HD52W140 Scenium (not DLP) 42" That when I try to turn it on is completely dead.
I did find a blown fuse on the vertical board on the left rear of the set where the power plug is.
Also found that the prongs on the fuse holder would bend over and not hold a new fuse. I installed an inline fuse holder and new fuse jumpering the old fuse holder. Still no power to the tv. Nothing happens, no lights, no signs, nothing! The back is off the set as is the front plastic panel where the tubes are located. A visual inspection of all the boards, wiring, board surfaces all show parts to be in good condition. Where do I go from here other than a dumpster?
Does anyone have a clue as to how to start to get this set to power on?
The set is about 4 years old.
I have not been able to find a service manual other than from RCA for $40. As the set cost a mint originally and RCA has such a bad reputation, I am unwilling to pay then another dime for anything. Where can I find a service manual? Does anyone have any parts that might be used in fixing this set. It's a shame that such a nice picture is wasted in not having it working again. If you have parts from your old working or non working set that you will sell, please contact me email nkrjhr@gdinet.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us