Tried edit & add TP changes on 61.5 Sonicview, nothing works

Bronze Member
Username: Ubba

Post Number: 90
I know that 61.5 has two transponders that have changed; TP 15 to 29 & TP 29 to 10. I tried adding in the transponder, one of them being 12632, but the quality was always 0 and nothing has worked. What should I precisely do? It is for both Sonicview 4000 and Viewsat Ultra? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1223
I have a question for others that understand TP settings
first of all it is my underdtanding that when the coders make the new bins .. they take into concideration any new tps Changes that may be occuring ..... RIGHT?

for eg:
Lots of transponder moves

From TP 12 to 23 at 61.5° -- 622 APUNJ, 623 ZGUJ
From TP 13 to 20 at 61.5° -- (the entire contents of the transponder moved) 9470 RAVE, 9471 EQUTR, 9473 TRESR, 9474 ANIMA, 9480 FILMF, 9481 MNSTR, 9486 FAMLY
and so on.....

second the "V" and "H" settings(vertical and horizontal) are picked up by the reciever from the satellite of whitch you are aimed at.
So why change them when scanning for channels?

One more thing to add. If you are using a pre installed channel list and you use that in luw of scanning the sats and channels . You will not pick up any new TP changes. (using channel master or any other channel list you may have.) Also some ppl delete satellite setting from thier own channel list and you may not get all the sattellites.
EG: echo 7 may not be showing up because it wasn't necessary for the ownner of the list to have it because he is not aimed at ECHO 7... (I found this out the hard way) once b4 using someones pre made Channel list.

It is good practice to do a factory default to the receiver whenever loading in a new bin . That way you get all new changed TPs.
Please correct me if i am wronge .. I am curious about this TP stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

OuTa yeh DuniyA

Post Number: 1463
heres what i did when i was missing channels u are making it so confusing...i did a factory reset loaded the latest bin then i went to menu i changed the transponder to where the signal was at 100% and then i did a satellite scan ...and bam! i got all the international channels in under 2 minutes..what channels are u missing?...oh and btw i have a sonicview 4000 too

Bronze Member
Username: Ubba

Post Number: 93
I'm missing for ex. LBC, MBC, NBN, Melody Arabia. I tried to do factory reset and redid scan but zippo, did not work.

Gold Member
Username: Satgrl

Dil Mei DarD a Jaga ...

Post Number: 1469
do a factory reset then load the factory bin then load the latest bin...thats what i did and it worked in one try..hmmm..what bin are u currently usuing for ur receiver adn that is a SV 4000 right?

Silver Member
Username: Espn3

Post Number: 241
satgrl, I'll buy a SV-4000, please let me know were to get the loader, factory bin and which site is good for new bins.
BTW, is SV-4000 still good for DN ? thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us