Look out bev users

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2718
c/p from cyphris

Yes it's true, As was anticipated in 2008 that the providers will be looking at doing a card swap the first signs are here... on BEV ch.263 they have added the SWAP channel for instructions to subs on how to go about the swap. The new card they are going with is the S06. They have also released 2 new HD receivers the 6141 and 9242 which are 8psk ready. They have already tried sending out new firmware to some of their subs IRDs yesterday which in turn caused many subs IRDs to reboot constantly. Many new changes to come and will have to see how things transpire. There is still long life in FTA and VS is on top of it all.

Bronze Member
Username: Lavaboy

Post Number: 19
They did a card swap in summer of 2005 as well. I was under the impression this card swap has more to do with features on the older units like 2700 and 3100 as opposed to security? Many BEV receivers are cardless now.

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 343
it's funny, i have a sub 3100 bev, i don't have ch 263

Username: Owen420

Post Number: 9
There is still long life in FTA...yes.... VS hopefully...i wouldnt worry about this, i imagine eventually there will be a perma fix, wat rec it is supported on i cant say, vs does lead it thow, cw and neosat seem to be looking alot better

Bronze Member
Username: Newbiehater

FTAwhew what a stink

Post Number: 96
I have both cw and vs. Cw rules for faster fixes and more up time than vs lately.Especially with running both providers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us