Would this setup work ?

Username: Sebth

Post Number: 1
Is it possible to pass the output of DiSEqC switches into the input of a 2X4 multiswitch ?

I have 2 dual legacy LNB's (I think that's what they are, there is 2 cables coming out of each LNB, I bought them from Bell Expressvu). I want to plug them in 3 receivers but only have 2 cables coming inside and I can't pass new ones (I live in a basement). So I hoped I could use the 2 DisEqC outside, then plug their outputs in the 2X4 multiswich inside.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1510
get yourself a dp34 switch
you can hook up 3 satellites
and 4 receivers
then just run an extra cable into the house
now you have 3 cables coming to the house for 3 receivers

Post Number: 2
I can't run any new calble, I'm in an apartments in a basement. I asked the owner if it were possible and it would be a mess. So I'm looking for a solution where I don't need to run any new cables inside.

One thing I forgot to mention, it would be acceptable to have only 2 receivers working simultaneously (I don't know if it makes any difference)

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1513
well if you have 2 cables coming in the house,then put a splitter on one cable and take it to the third receiver,now you will be able to watch any 2 receivers at given time

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 137
no, no ,no....you need a 3 X 4 switch for every LNB and then a diseqc for every receiver.....I'm assuming you have two dishes and your receivers are FTA.....

Post Number: 3
African : I would put the splitter on the output one one DiSEqC, then both receivers you work on any channel if the other one is powered off ? Is that right ?

Jayson : So the output of the multiswitches must go in the DiSEqC's input, and not the other way around like I was trying ? That's means there is no way I could use 3 receivers without having to run a third cable in the apartment ?

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 138
yeap......

Post Number: 4
Thanks for you answers.

About the "splitter" that African suggested. Is there different types of splitters that I need to look for ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us