Connecting DVD recorder, etc

Username: Eelmot

Cumberland, RI Usa

Post Number: 1
i have just bought an RCA dvd recorder with an 80gb hard drive. I will connect the following to utilize all my electronics--dvd recorder, hard drive(dvr), cable box, vcr and HD tv. I hereby solicit help with proceeding to do this; please respond with mucho details, I am a neophyte at this type of installation. Thanks, eelmot}}

Username: Ldavis974

Palm City, Florida USA

I JUST BOUGHT A SONY DVD RECORDER AND CAN NOT GET IT TO WORK TO SAVE MY LIFE. I BOUGHT AN HDMI CABLE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE.........CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EMAIL ME A DUMMIES STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO DO THIS? I HAVE A COMCAST HD DVR RECEIVER BOX..........THANKS SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME..........

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 39
To Thomas J. Lee,

You'll need to give us a list of what video connections are on each of the devices. We aren't mind readers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
To Lenny,

Same question.
What are the video connectors you have on each of your devices?

Username: Ldavis974

Palm City, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
I am sorry, I thought all the connections on the back of these unite were pretty much universal.....Never mind

Username: Justmelc

HELP! I'm planning on buying a new DVD/VCR combination recorder -- I already have one, and had no trouble recording with it. But in reading one of the reviews of the one I'm thinking about purchasing, it reads "Does not have an RF direct antenna connection so you need a separate tuner." What are they referring to? I'm at work and don't know if the one I already have had a "tuner" in it, but is a "tuner" absolutely necessary for recording?? Doesn't 'RF' refer to Radio Frequency? Why would I care about that - I'm recording from cable TV. Anyone's help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
The tuner-less DVD recorders are a new phenomenon.

As I understand it, if you buy one without a tuner, you will need to have another device that has a tuner and set that device to the channel you want to watch/record and leave the device on.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3741
You would need a cable box to record without a tuner. With the switch to digital coming in a year, recorders either have to have an ATSC tuner or no tuner at all, that's why there are so many without tuners these days. You can buy a recorder with ATSC tuner, they also have NTSC tuners in them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us