I can't load the bin on my Captiveworks 600S.

Username: Kellergirl

Post Number: 5
Someone please help! I have the loader and the bin...when I click on start, it stays on 0%. What am I doing wrong? Could it be the converter on the cable I have? Help please! Thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1305
what kind of cable are you using?

Post Number: 6
It's a USB. The USB end connects to my computer, and the other end goes into an converter which plugs in the back of my box. I did this because I could not find a regular cable that would fit my box and my computer.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1306
you need a null modem cable.
when you hook up the box to computer make sure it is off,and when you are ready to download switch on

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1307
are you using a desktop or laptop computer?

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1308
BUMP

Post Number: 7
?

Post Number: 8
I am using a laptop. The null modem cable will not fit in my laptop. That is why I am using a converter.

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 112
Also, you can visit crazyfta. Brucester is over there and is the man when it comes to these receivers. He's good at helping. In addition, he has the bin files over there.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1175
keller my buddy can not get the files to load to his box you might have to find a old cheap tower that is what my buddy did

Post Number: 9
I DON"T need the bin files. I just need help loading them.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1309
Keller,
try using a friends desktop computer

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1806
keller did the usb cable come with the installtion cd for the driver.if yes check your com port under device management and add the usb to it.

USB to Serial Cable Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been a number of posted regarding USB to Serial Cable's.. and troubles regarding those cables.. I decided to give some tips for those people who are having troubles..

Hopefully I did not miss anything in writing this, if I did, please post or correct me.

STEPS

#1. Make sure your USB to Serial Cable is compatible with your operating system.

#2. Connect your cable, install your drivers FROM a provided CD or from the manufacturer website and then make sure you have your drivers properly installed by checking the device manager.

#3.

- Go to Start - Control Panel - System - Hardware

- Go to Device Manager and Ports and see what Com your USB cable is set to.

- The Advance button will allow you to change the port. Change it to 1, 2, 3 or 4.

- Also be sure to change the Baud (Bits per second) to 115200.

#4. When using a loader from your specific reciever, make sure the COM port selected on the loader corresponds to the com port you changed in the previous step.

#5. Load your file.

Issues/Solutions

- If your having trouble installing drivers for your USB to Serial Cable, try to refer to any websites of the manufacture of your specific cable for any new drivers or any help with your issue.

- If you did all the required steps and your loader sticks at 0% OR doesn't even make any connection to your receiver, your cable has not been installed properly. Please try running through all the steps again or try cleaning out any old drivers and putting them in again.

- If you still can't get it to work, try a different USB port.

- If still you cannot get anything to work, look for any hardware conflicts with your USB to Serial Cable in your device manager.

- If still you are having issues, try the cable on a different operating system or different computer.

- If you are still having issues, try different drivers instead of the ones provided.

- IF YOU CANNOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE, GET A REGULAR COMPUTER WITH A SERIAL CABLE PORT AND SERIAL CABLE!

ADDED NOTE: MANY USB to Serial cable adapters our there will not work with null modem receivers.

Post Number: 10
I am using Vista. Maybe that is the problem.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I don't see a "ports" in my device manager. I will just get someone to do it for me. He charges me $125, but I don't have a choice. Thanks anyway for trying.

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1808
nono.keller right click device manager.and lower your firewall settings in window vista

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
No...there is no "ports" under my device manager. It isn't there.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1124
http://www.port.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=ACP60US
look at this web site .. this is what i use for my laptop to load CW bins etc... You don't need a USB cable because it is a USB component itself with a Serial (RS232) port. There are many different ones but if you buy one make sure it has a Serial (RS232) port on it.
I love it, mine is a bit older but its a great thing to have in cases like yours. also works on desktop PC etc...
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ok..I did it, I found it, and changed the port to com1. It is still hanging at 0%. I give up.

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1812
DO YOU HAVE THE RECEIVER ON OFF MODE.

Gold Member

FL

Post Number: 1813
keller did the usb cable come with the installtion cd for the driver.if yes check your com port under device management and add the usb to it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yes the receiver is on off mode...the com port recognizes the usb....for some reason it just won't load. The drivers are installed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
How can I upload the bin on a Mac?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1126
1/ Ensure receiver is OFF and plugged in.
2/ hook up seriel port cable (null cable that comes with the reciever) between the pc and receiver
3/ Open Captive Works folder (the one you just created)
4/ click on "Upgrade V1.07" (loader)
5/ at the top where it says "file" click on the folder icon and look for the factory bin. folder, cw 600 prem, premium factory bin, CX_KroundV1.08-CW-600S Premium_2006-04-06
6/ Put the receiver into BOOT mode (Hold down the power button on the front of the receiver, then flip on the power switch on the back, THEN let go of the power button on the front. you will then see "BOOT")
7/ Push START button on loader. Wait until you see END, Power off receiver (back switch)
8/ Repeat this process in standby mode but use latest bin (CW600PV 1.xxxx)

To put your receiver in standby mode:
A/ flip the switch on back of receiver to off position
B/ flip the switch on back of receiver back on
C/ wait for the 88888 thingy to stop (crazy 8's)
D/ once the 00000's show press the off button on the FRONT and it should then be in standby mode. Standby mode looks something like ----//----
E/ load new bin as above
F/ switch off receiver once bin has loaded (finished)
G/ load icon file and/or long channel list file as above (optional)
H/ see ADDENDUM 2 for the process in lieu of channel scan (optional) if the scan was done previously and channel list was created and saved.

SCAN for channels
A- hook up receiver to RG6 cable/LNB/Dish
B- MENU
C- INSTALLATION
D- EDIT SATELLITE
E- chose satellite ie: EchoStar 6,8
F- go back to ANTENNA SETTING
G- select a good transponder ie 12224/V/20000/5/6, LNB Freq., Diseqc Number. Play with these settings until you get the best Quality/Strength.
H- push Auto and wait for it to scan
I- repeat this process for other satellite(s) ie BEV
J/ chose a Dish-Net channel 11/ On remote control press F1 then 0000 to unlock the new bin
K/ allow about 10 min. for auto roll to do it's thing
M/ chose a BEV (Bell express view) channel
N/ allow about 10 min. for auto roll to do it's thing
O/ open beer and enjoy watching tv.
Some bins will unscramble BEV and Dish

I tried this and it works good and it saves a lot of time instead of resetting the box back up after a factory default.
This saves having to rescan sats, make changes to lnb and switch settings, readjust the TV picture settings and everything else that you have spent time adjusting everytime you do a new "bin" file upgrade.

You can save ALL of your current settings easily by using one of the Menu features.

>Open the "Menu"
>"System Setting"
>"User Channel List"
then click on "Save..."

and save your current settings exactly the way they are, just be sure to have everything working the way you like it, then make up a short name such as "List 1" or any name you please and then Exit from the Menu and there you have it!

All of your settings are saved! Then after you do the next "bin" file upgrade, all you have to do is Load it and WaLa!!!

After the next "bin" file fix comes out, do the upgrade as usual, then:

Open the "Menu"
>"System Setting"
>"User Channel List"
then click on "Load..."

and select the name that you previously created (i.e. "List 1") then answer "yes" to load the stored settings, then Exit from the Menu once it has loaded the settings, it will now be exactly the way it was before, it will even pop up to the last channel you were watching when you saved the settings.

In the future when any changes have been made to your settings such as rescanning satellites for channel changes/updates or edits to anything imaginable, you can create another "Save..." list and every change will be saved in a new "User Channel List" file.

It only takes about 1 minute to "Load..." a saved list compared to all the grief of scanning satellites and making all the lnb and switch settings again.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1127
i would also like to mention my other half wrote the above info I just copied and pasted it in this thread .. some of the info may be out dated But for the most part it works for us. I hope this helps Keller.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1176
keller my buddy and me tried with his and no luck but if you are going to pay 125 to get the bin put in that is nuts with the way bins have bin going down it will cost you more then if you where subscribe to bev or dish my buddy got a old p3for 50 dolers or try what rtap is teling you to do im going to go to my buddys house this weekend and try what rtap is saying but look around you will get a pc for a lot chiper then geting that guy to do it for 125

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys...I tried for 2 hours, and nothing...still sticking at 0%. Thanks anyway for trying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us