Download time for new receiver?

Bronze Member
Username: Baileygirl

Post Number: 17
I purchased a new receiver to put up north in my cabin in Traverse City, MI, I had a Dish500 with the original LNB on it. I set up the receiver and gave it the newest update. I am getting a reading on channel 200 that says the satellite is about 76 and the Q reading is about 86 so that looks good. I did a channel auto scan for Echostar 7 and Echostar 8,10 and that went fine then I turned the receiver off, turned it back on again and waiting for the picture to come on channel 200 but so far nothing, I left it on overnight and still I have no channels. I looked to see what satellites I have and in addition to Echostar 7 and Echostar 8,10 I have about 22 other satellites that my dish is trying to find, could this be the problem on why it is taking so long to load (for the picture to come in)? Is there a way to turn off the other satellites and just have the dish try to find the Echostar 7 and Echostar 8,10? If I go in to the menu and turn the LNB for each of the other satellites to "off" position will this help the load time it is taking to get a picture?

Please help!

Thank you!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Forgot to mention I have the newest Viewsat Ultra

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 184
what receiver?

you may need to reload the bin.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7811
You are only scanning the sats you are pointing to. The others in the list are not doing any harm sitting there.
Go into User setup and redo date/time. Then keep on a channel you were able to view before and switch off at back and switch on after a minute.

Always mention the name of your receiver and the BIN you have loaded, so helpers can know what to advise. Latest BIN in your mind might not be the latest.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
My receiver is a Viewsat Ultra (the newest version) and my update is the pftausw-080126u
Thank you for your responses, my date/time won't change to pm it wants me to have it a am? I will try reloading the bin and see if that works. I haven't hooked up the receiver to this tv or this location before so I know usually when you hook up a new receiver to a new location it takes a while to load. I will try reloading the bin and see how it goes. Thanks if you have any other suggestions please send them my way. Appreciate the help.

Username: Ont_guy_38

Post Number: 7
you need 080127 to get anything on 110/119

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7815
Time is often entered in the 24 hour format.
ont_guy-38 has the rest of the answer to your problem.
Happy viewing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Thanks guys, as always it it so nice to have you out there to help.

My best to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
I got the receiver to respond to the satellite, I was getting all of the channels and then all of the sudden they konked out on me. I am using a dsh 500 satellite dish with the lnb, dishntwk initially supplied and also using a dshntwrk supplied diseq switch to a viewsatultra receiver could that cause a problem? Should I be purchasing different eqpt to use with my viewsatultra receiver? If so, what dish, lnb and diseq switch would you suggest? Not sure why I am not getting a signal anymore. I had everything running for ten minutes. My switch on the back is set to 4 it ran for ten minutes and then no picture. Any suggestions, should I use a different lnbf and a different diseq switch than what was supplied by dshnetwrk? Thanks for your continued help.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1250
how many sats do you have
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us