Viewstat

Username: Peggy5

Post Number: 2
I was loading my new program and the box froze up. Now all I am getting is a blue screen and I am not able to do anything on this box. Need Help. How to fix this.

Silver Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 171
freetver dont mess with something you know crap about. throw it away its no good now.

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1161
ftakey im glad i did not ask you for help 2 years ago when i started this hobby peggy i think you put the wrong bin you have to put the right bin or your box will be come a door stop and you need give more info there are more then 1 type of viewsat what bin did you put in it but try thisir is for the ultra

How to bring back your Ultra from the Dead >moved, Clyde<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is basically a n00b proof guide on how to bring back your Ultra from the dead. I basically had this problem and through some research and help from you guys i was able to accomplish it. So here is how it goes.

First off don't panic and think calmly. There are some things you are going to need. And these are : Software, Cables and the ability to follow instructions.

Software:
-Latest factory file. You can find this either in the VS Ultra files menu on this site or by going to viewsatUSA.com (I used 1.31)
-Loader program (I used VS loader), instructions on how to use the program are included when you download.
-The latest fix, as in the .pgm file you normally download.

Cables:
-Null Serial Modem cable (usually included in the box)
*Note* If you don't have a serial port on your computer (problem with most new computers) you can purchase a serial to usb cable from bestbuy. I used the Dynex one, there were no drivers included so your stuck getting it from dynexproducts.com
Very important to know what com port the serial cable is on. Making sure that the cable is plugged in, go to control panel > system > hardware > hardware manager and look for the "COM" tab, and it should be listed there.

-Follow any instructions included very carefully as you will be writing to flash memory, and trust me you don't want to screw up there.

Procedure:
1) Unplug your sat box and hook it up to your computer via serial cable.
2)Load the latest factory file through Loader. *THIS HAS TO BE DONE ON YOUR COMPUTER FIRST!*
3)Either unplug from computer and go back to tv and load latest fix via usb, or load latest fix through Loader.
4) Complete

Closing Notes:
Although this may seem simple enough, i cannot stress the fact of doing everything properly. Any slip up could cost you your box. Always let the install complete and wait till the sat box turns off, comes on again and says "End". If you interrupt power at anytime through the install you could be in trouble again.

I may have forgetten to add anything so if you have any questions or additions, Post away

this is for ultra dont use the files for the ultra use the file for your box and this might get you up and runing hope it helps you and you can get all this info and more at crazyfta dot com enjoy and you will not get ancer like that ancer you got from ftakeys and wee have live chat to help you better

Silver Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 172
bruce sry just in very bad mood today. thats all they had to do was read something. im tired of spoonfeeding everyone. this is not the only place i belong. i help run a couple of sites and its getting to me. im taking a break from this crap cya later

Bronze Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 30
Peggy Ingle it's very important : before put a new bin make a hard boot with rear switch. It is important to empty the internal memory and to leave all the place to install the new program.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1098
HOW TO FLASH.
You can flash (load) your receiver with a bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
Use a Nul CABLE RS232 on your receiver from the computer. Or use a Nul adaptor from Radio Shack number 26-264B to make a straight through cable a Nul cable. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe. If you don't have a 9 pin plug on your computer you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack.

Un-zip all the files and hook up the cable from your computer to the STB, keep the STB off with the switch in the back. Start the loader-2 and click on OPEN FILES. Find the bin file you un-zipped that now ends in PGM. Click on it and it will automatically go on the first line of the loader. Click on the icon just below the word TOOL and check the COM PORT. Then turn STB on from the back and at first light click PC->STB on the loader. If the progress bar don't move after about a minute start over again. Sometimes the timing is critical. Even try turning STB on from the back first then click PC->STB. Don't do anything as the progress bar is going across. Make sure the Computer & STB are done before you go to the next step. They may not get done at the same time.

You may need to put a list of Satellites in your STB if you don't have any. Click on OPEN FILES and find the Satellite list you already downloaded and un-zipped. Now do the same thing you did above to flash your STB.

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the LNB 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. The cables coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. "Example", 119 cable goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program. You can only get one Satellite for each one LNB you have. Two LNB's two Satellites, and so on.

Now you will need to set your settings. Below is what most have.
MENU, INSTALLATION, then 0000 or 0937 or 2668 or 3570 then ANTENNA SETUP then side arrow to ECHOSTAR 7 119.0W check your Satellite setting. Then do the same to ECHOSTAR 8,10 110.0W

EchoStar 7 - 119. ECHO 7--------EchoStar 8,10 - 110.0W
LNB Power------ON-------------------ON
LNB Type-------Standard---------Standard
LNB Freq-----------11250-----------11250
22kHz-------------ON-----------------Off if you don't have a 22kHz switch both can be off.
TP Freq----------12224--------------12224
Search option-----All----------------- All
DiSEqC 1.0------Port 1--------------Port 2
Motor--------------Off----------------Off
Legacy SW------None-------------None

This is for with the above two
Satellite: Nimiq 1,3 91.0W
LNB Power------ON
LNB Type-------Standard
LNB Freq-----------11250
22kHz-------------OFF you can't use a 22kHz switch with more then two Satellites.
TP Freq----------12224
Search option-----All
DiSEqC 1.0------Port 3
Motor--------------Off
Legacy SW------None

THIS IS WHAT MY SETTINGS ARE. You can start here then change them later.
MENU, OPTIONS
Close Caption---------OFF
Sort by SID-------------ON
AUTO TP---------------ON
AUTO ROLL-----------ON
EPG Hours-------------24
Full Channel Name--ON

Installation, Parental Control
Receiver lock Off
Menu Lock ON
Information timeout 3
Maturity Rate Unblocked
Change PIN Code ????

MENU, SYSTEM SETTINGS
System Settings----Letter Box
Screen Type--------------63
Menu Language-------English
Audio Language------English
Channel Mode---------Normal

HOW TO DO A FACTORY DEFAULT
MENU, INSTALLATION
When you do this you will also clean out your channels.

How To Enter Keys Manually In Your Xtream.
1. Menu
2.Installation
3.Enter Pin 0000
4.Code
5.Nagra
6.Left until you see what ever Satellite you want.
Put 00 keys on line 08 & 09 don't change the 08 or 09 number
Put 01 keys on line 88 & 89 don't change the 88 or 89 number
EXIT once then OK to save, the light color is the one you pick to save then EXIT out.

HOW TO SEARCH/EDIT, ANTENNA CONFIGURATION, ADD SATELLITE, RENAME SATELLITE, DELETE SATELLITE.
MENU, INSTALLATION, 0000, SIDE ARROW TO DN OR BEV, then down once to NETWORK SEARCH ON, Then down once to HAMMER ICON then side arrow to what you want to do.
ADD A TP
To add a TP go to the channel scan section, select Dish or Nimiq 1,3, go down to the green screw driver and hammer icon, hit ok to enter the tp list, then F1 button to add new TP You can also hit the pause button in this section to get a overview of other actions.

HOW TO TURN AUTO-ROLL OFF & ON
MENU,OPTIONS then go to AUTO-ROLL

SET GMC TIME
MENU, INSTALLATION, TIME SETTING.

RESET RECEIVER
Sometimes you need to do a reset, (hard boot). Turn power off then on from the back.

It is a must for users to have tools to get the keys. Below is just to get you started.
KEYMASTER or KEYRIPPER - Will give you keys.

SOME OF THE ON LINE TV GUIDES
DN TV PROGRAM GUIDE
h**p://www.emantechnology.com/lookangle.asp
J-TRACK SHOWING POSITION OF SATELLITES
h**p://science.nasa.gov/RealTime/JTr.../JTrack3D.html
FIND A SKEW
h**p://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm

CLEAN AND PUT LUBRICANT ON YOUR REMOTE.
Use ProGold G100P from Radio Shack part number 64-4337

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 174
peggy,

please provide more infos on your box and during process, it is OK to be new and ask q, but always provide clear infos so people here may help you better without guessing.

also, you need to do a lot of search and reading on your own, this always help too.

Username: Dhabu

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 10
I have the same problem and I did exactly to the directions you have and when the viewsat is
loaded it will keep on say reinz.... and keep on doing it.
I spent two days trouble shooting to no avail.
What is causing this.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7778
Bhavini: You should get DN using the BIN of last 4-5 days. BEV will not come through because of current ECM.
Recheck your user settings and date/time setting.
If you are not getting DN, write down all your settings. Then you should reload factory BIN and then load the latest BIN.
Recheck your user settings and date/time setting.
You may have to rescan.

Bronze Member
Username: Dhabu

Boston, Ma Usa

Post Number: 11
Nalin: My box is totally dead. It just does not turn on, there is no power or light inside the box.
I have checked the fuse and that is okay.
I have tried what Doreen suggested, but I am gettig stuck where it does not load and I am getting an error message of reinz...255 6a
This is so frustrating. Can anyone help me.

Silver Member
Username: Drmunna

Post Number: 284
is your vs clone?? hope not

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1162
bhavini&nilin you just hijacked this thread what dos your question have to do with peggys post?

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1105
bhavini sounds like you need to JTAG your box sorry for your luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 7780
Peggy: I am presuming you have a Viewsat Ultra - the same presumption as bruce's.

[link removed]
All instructions and files are there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7781
Bhavini: See the above post of mine.
However, if there is absolutely no life in your Viewsat then I am afraid you are finished with help here.
You can send it to Factory for repair. There is no jtag for Viewsats.
It is possible you have a Viewsat clone. check it out at http://www.Viewsatusa.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
I can assure Nalin is correct, there is no jtag for vs.
I dunno about ultra, don't have one, what they have out there to bring a dead vs xtreme back to life, is either clone or old model I guess, because mine definitely has no jumpers near the back panel. now it is a nice paper weight.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
and peggy,

if you need help, you need to respond.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us