Usb to serial. anyone ?????

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 1735
i use dell inspiron 6000 laptab. i insal the usb cable to serial . i can flash with no problem any box but pansat 2500 and pansat 2700. the transfer always goes till like 70 % and fail . as i said only with pansat . any idea why /?

hey dont think about port and stuff like that . i have been doing this for over a year , so get better answer plz,

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1084
maybe your bin isn't a good one .. have you tried to reinstall it or get another bin from another site. It might be a bad bin to begin with.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1944
doreen is back too....
so does lk
hahahahh

Silver Member
Username: Psychmonster

Rhodium MemberAint nuthin ...

Post Number: 657
my thoughts exactlyUpload

just kidding guys...keep posting...we luv ya both !!

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1086
say what sada ? did i miss something?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1947
nothing much.. just thought u and lk back at same time... i know lk comes here and just read posts and then when he is in mood he type some thing... was just curiou

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1088
I C .. I haven't been on line much lately because I was sick

Silver Member
Username: Jowhar

Post Number: 231
Hey Cartier1 I have a pansat 2700 clone and I use a sonny labtop with usb to serial works good but will take 1% every 15 second and with 100% for 40mnts.

Silver Member
Username: Drmunna

Post Number: 283
yesterday someone called 'sanjay' had same question for 2700, must be something to do with pantech

Gold Member

Post Number: 1736
lucky .dr munna thanx for respecting the thread.
doreen it has nothing to do with bin. we tried every single bin that came from every single site.

sada .psychmonster go f*uck yourself big time . i wil never leave you in peace . i will destroy every f*ucking thread you will ever use.

lucky the solution is not buying an other computer . the solution is why the problem only happen with those specifique boxs. usb works with every single laptab. im talking about my unique case.

Silver Member
Username: Way2smart

DESIFTA .co.nr

Post Number: 734
it maybe have to do with null and serial cuz 2500 pansat take serial cable try getting that but ur sayin it fails on 70% maybe a loader or try on ur friends computer and even try it with ur desktop and let me know how it goes

Silver Member
Username: Jowhar

Post Number: 232
My pansat clone I use with straight cable and usb I don't know about null, If you have clone try straight cable good luck.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1739
lucky plz read my post im not newbie here , it's not the cableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.it's mnot cloneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee .it';s not the loaderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. look guys . we use same thing in an other computer it works. mine only pansat wont work the rest is fine .

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7793
Pansat 2500/FLU take DB9 F/F straight RS232 cable, even though converted to 2700 workalike.

Pansat 2700 takes DB9 F/F null modem cable.

If you are not sure what cable you have and it does not work, the best thing to do is to buy a DB9 M/F null adaptor. With the adaptor in, you have one type of cable and with the adaptor out you have the other type.
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
USB to serial convertors are notorious for problems and for slowness.
Buy only the type with its own installation CD.
Do not allow windows XP to install it.
Manually install using CD
Select COM1, or COM2, or COM3 or COM 4 port.
Use device manager in your computer to check and select the right port.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1952
sorry cartier didn't mean to ruin your thread..
its just doreen and lk came at same time and things get started there..
but on the other hand if u wanna be as* hold go for it....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1740
thanx for your reply guys.

poeple plz read the nature of the problem before you guess . i know which cable goes with which receiver.. 2500 is always with stright no matter if it is converted or not .
pansat2700 is null modem cable. if the problem is about cable will never go to %70 transfer to start with . im saying with the right cable and right loader for 2500 or 2700 not clone this happen. any other receiver is ok .

we take same cable and same loader and same bin to a different computer and it works .

not the port again cuz if it were it would never go to %70 . so the mystery remains . and thanx guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Kart_57

South Florida

Post Number: 55
Cartier Maybe try changing baud rate of transfer, just guessing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1742
i dont have a choice. there is only one which is 115200. and no way to change to anything . and that's in 2700 case . but the 2500 loader dont give u any option/.

Silver Member
Username: Way2smart

DESIFTA .co.nr

Post Number: 803
get ur self a serial cable there is also a seriall port for laptop try this picture.....

find them on ebay cheap
http://www.mountcomp.co.uk/Images/ibmusbserpar.jpg

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 29
Carier, I have a superdsh,2700, and if I am on my (local) channels, when I try to download new bins, It will fail every time. Why, I don't know? But if I set the STB to Channel 200,140,before I download it does fine. I've also noticed the last few bins have loaded alot slower,,seems their packing alot of info,or changes in bins.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us