DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT DIRECT TV

Username: Newfie1949

Post Number: 9
I have a direct tv system that takes a card.i have
what i think is called a p4 card. does anyone know
how i can get it to work. the last time i used it
was around 2004. i don't care to much for this fta
receivers. i got a fortec lifetime ultra about three
weeks ago, its being down more times than it is up.
i payed three hundred dollars for this receiver. i
think i have being screwed over. i wish i could find the creap that i got it from. one of my friends told me it was a good deal.!!!!!!!!!! I was told i would get around one thousand channels
for free with all ppv and sports. i guess i got to
greedy. My wife says it looks good on me! little
does she know that i used her money to buy the receiver.

Username: Metallica

Post Number: 4
direct tv p4 card are dead..DEAD..
and your fortec lifetime ultra for $300 yes you got screwed big time..i don't buy that crap for $50 LMAO.

Silver Member
Username: Bazuka2020

Post Number: 580
Newfie,
somebody ripped you big time

Username: Owen420

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 5
yea go with a captiveworks or viewsat ultra, c00l$at and fortec is basically useless now, and dtv has not been up since 2004 lol.

Silver Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 170
dtv takes more efforts than dn to hack, you will need to adjust your antenna to make your fortec to work, at least three hundred dollars still can get you something to watch.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1089
P4 and P5 cards don't work anymore buy a Captiveworks 600P. It's cheep under $100.00 and works great .. first ususally with the fixes FLU is old and not very great for getting new fixes, but if you do want to use your FLU convert it to 2700 ask AV for help and bins etc... are at crazyfta*com or any site you wish to download from.

Silver Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 173
doreen, i have 2 flus since 04 and they are the workhorse of fta. they are still up and working good with convert. most of the time the converted file is out before some other fixes(like cs lol) 300 quid is way to much but hey they do work. im testing a varity of different stbs but my main is one of the flus. long live the flus.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1097
I also have 2 FLU's since 2003, but own other receivers as well. After converting one FLU to 2700 my remote was all mixed up and I couldn't restore the reveiver back to factory settings (couldn't figure out what worked for the right commands on the remote LOL) It wasn't responding to anything right.Maybe if I have a real Pansat remote it might work. All I could do was SEE the main menu but not scan sats etc...I couldn't even reload the factory boot file or the old 292T bin to make it pansat 2500. Jtag IS the only thing I am left to do and would rather not go there. I like my VS Xtreme and both my CW 600P. Like is said b4 FLU's are out dated , but I do think they are more user friendly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us