Samsungs DLP model HLN567WX problem

Username: Pcp

Brossard, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi,
May be somebody could help me.Before Xmass
my TV start to shutt down more often then usual (
no light but having sound )2 to 3 times a night.
I decided to change the lamp that I bought few mounth ago went
that shutt down start to happind( usualy once a week ).
Now it' been OK for a mounth no shutt down,picture a bit brithter
than before but the first lamp was still in good condition
before the lamp change.
Last night and the night before the shut off
start again .Could it be that the ballast board has to
be change or something else.Any clue Anybody

nb: 4 years old model,56 inches
Bright picture
Color perfect

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinrob

Post Number: 29
Paul, I have the same TV and mine started powering off on its own about 1 week ago. I had the lamp replaced in May so that shouldn't be the problem, but who knows.

The TV also shuts down when I move it slightly (to get to the back connections). The TV moves 3 inches and it shuts down every time. This is not normal. I'm ready to give up on it and get something newer - a sad statement since its only 4 years old and I spent $3000 on it.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinrob

Post Number: 30
Paul, I followed some advice from another thread - opened the lamp hatch, removed lamp and cleaned dust out of the area, then resealed and closed the door tightly. The TV ran for 6 hours w/o shutting off. I will continue to monitor to see if this has a long term affect.

Username: Pcp

Brossard, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3
Hi, Kevin,
Two days ago, I removed the TV back panel ( the lower part that surround all the
connexion and the fan outlet. I did a pressure air dust cleaning. I removed the ballast
board, I check it, there was no hot spot on the epoxy board nor parts that you can see that they where overheating.
I redid about 30 soldering spot ( major parts big transistors, capacitors, resistors ) every things looks nice to me .
I reinstall the board, than clean the lamp housing, the fan outlet and the lamp be itself .I reinstall the back panel and the lamp side panel ( I remark that there a micro switch
connected to the lamp on/off circuit, somebody mention that if the connection is louse or the
micro switch is intermittent or the lamp side panel is not well install, it could shut off the TV at any time.
You probably notice that the TV set heats up and the plastics cabinet pops and crack once in a wild, it may disconnect that micro switch .
Anyhow, it's been 2 days now and
the TV is still running well, without any problem .Later I will install my old lamp which I
think is still in good condition.
Have a nice day,
Paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us