Question about Dishes and Switches

Username: Gadgetzilla

Post Number: 6
I've been doing some research and based on what I've gathered, I can have multiple dishes with multiple LNBs on them to get various birds. In order to do that, looks like I have to have DishPro LNB's which works with DP34. Just wondering, what if I have generic LNB's like eagle aspen or another others that uses an external DiSEqC switch, how do you go about hooking that configuration. It is my understanding that DP34 won't work unless the lnb's are DishPro models.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7745
Most people when installing "generic" LNBs, use dual LNBs.
A dual LNB is one where one LNB can cater to two receivers. There are two cables out to go to two DiesEqC switches.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1185
a dp 34 will work with any lnb,but the only problem is you can only hook up 3 lnb's at a time and if you want to expand you need another dp34 and it gets expensive.get yourself a cheetah switch.if you are going to have 3 sats then dp 34 is a great switch,just remember to ground it good

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2290
DP34 can work with any LNB
Dp34 can also work with an external power source
1000mA is all yo need for polarity switching
Along with 13/14V 17/18V to both polarities

Most receivers go as high as 500mA
Same voltage
Higher current requirement

If yo got hands on electronics
Yo run a parallel coaxial with constant voltage/current
Or just an old DN receiver on one of the inputs

Gold Member

Post Number: 7747
"Or just an old DN receiver on one of the inputs"

I would say, "Or just an old DN receiver on output port one of the DP34, and keep it on all the time."

Post Number: 7
Nalin/African - Thanks for the reply.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

Currently, I have have dish500 for 110/119 and a another dish with 148 for international. Last weekend, I 'tried' to install a third dish for 129 but had problems and due to rains, had to stop experimenting.

Here's my ultimate goal and what I'd like to get:

110/119 - Standard stuff
129 for HD
148 or 118(if possible) for international
82/91 - For B3V stuff

Given what I have and where I want to go, what would be the least painful and consolidated approach. I don't want a roof full of dishes (LOL) I've been trying to gain much knowledge on this but need additional help.

Q1)Can I get international stuff from 118 ? I live in the Los Angeles area?

Q1a) If the above is possible, can I get a dish 1000.2 and use it for 110/118/119. I've read most people are using it for 110/119 and 129

Here were my thoughts. To get a dish 1000.2 and use its three lnbs for 110/118/119. Then use my current dish with two lnbs to point to 82/91 and a the dish to point to 129.

If this is workable and if so, then, what additonal recommended hardware (switches etc) is needed. I am currently connected to only one FTA box, I 'may' add a 2nd one for the bedroom down the road.

Thank you

Silver Member
Username: Vittu

Post Number: 135
you will need 2 dish antennas. 1 pointing to 110/118+119/129. I have a superdish 33x24 using this config (It will cover Charlie pretty much including internationls on 118 and HD at 129) with Digiwave DGMS-4401 switch and you will need another 1 pointing to 91/82

Post Number: 8
nalin - any thoughts about what I'm trying to accomplish ?

Thanks !

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2293
A 30" dish and a motor yo can own the sky

Post Number: 9
King - Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorta commited to a non/motor configuration, just wanted to make best use of what I have and what I can get my hands on (quickly) to make the configuration work.

Thanks,
G'Zilla

Bronze Member
Username: Fattay

Post Number: 26
GadgetZ, go to flea bay ck out bracket for dish 500 /5 Lnb,,,,or a dish dtv/6 Lnb bracket. The dude says it will work! Hell ck them out,make them yourself!Cuts out a bunch of dishes!

Silver Member
Username: Impala1977

Post Number: 190
"you will need 2 dish antennas. 1 pointing to 110/118+119/129"
vittu, what is the lnb for your 118+119 on the super dish and what did you do with the 121 lnb and did you modify your bracket? thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 7756
Vittu has a good solution. However, the switching may be tricky.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us