Viewsat are in and they're working fine, no spamming

Bronze Member
Username: Ubba

Post Number: 69
Viewsat are in and working fine. And for those who says it's spamming and a joke, it's not. Check the websites for yourselves.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7633
Good post, Lisa. Just bring it up to the top.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 452
Bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Palaceayc786

Post Number: 23
where can i get the files from?

thank u
}

Gold Member

Post Number: 7646
Ayc Palace : At the usual site you get them from.
Look in this thread here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/440419.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
nalin,

this is the first time i'm doing this i could never find files.. how do i install the program into the viewsat xtreame 2000?

ty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
and the site u poseted fta isn't that hacked?

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
Ayc,

this is a very detailed and informative guide for you to begin and setup VS xtreme.

[link removed]

Silver Member

Post Number: 461
Here is the short version:

Viewsat VS2000 XTREME Configuration Guide
=================================

This document is intended to provide a Viewsat VS2000 XTREME owner with a comprehensive set of initial configuration steps, using the (New GUI).

This document assumes that one or more antennas with appropriate LNB's and any required switches has already been properly installed for receiving one or more satellites. Only settings which are crucial for proper operation are covered.

Once the unit is operational, the user should review the remaining settings and adjust them to suit personal needs or preferences.

Begin by downloading the latest firmware.

This file can be found in the VS-XTREME files section. <<>>

The file name will be DBPSW-yymmddX.ZIP, where yy is the year, mm is the month, and dd is the day.

This file is a ZIP archive containing the actual firmware file which is named DBPSW-yymmddX.PGM.

If you are not using Windows XP or Windows Vista, you will have to use a program such as WinZIP or WinRAR to extract the PGM file to your hard drive. These programs can be found. <<>>

LOAD the PGM file to your receiver using the VS Loader2.

Loader2 program can be found. <<>>

Turn off the receiver with the rear switch. Connect the Null modem cable to the Receiver and the Computer. Start the Loader2 program and press Open, Browse for the latest DBPSW-yymmddX.PGM file. Press the PC>STB Button and turn on the Receiver with the the Rear Switch.

The file should start transferring into the receiver and then written to nonvolatile memory. During this process, I.n.S.t. will be displayed on the receiver, then E.N.D. then 00:00. Wait until 00:01 is displayed. THen disconnect the cable.

Do NOT interrupt this operation in any way or your receiver could be damaged permanently.

Connect the TV cable and Sat cable back up.

Press Menu

Select System Information -> Receiver Information. Verify that the Main S/W listed is the same name as the firmware you just installed.
Select User Setting -> Parental Control. Set Menu Lock to Off.
Select User Setting -> Time Setting. Set Time Mode to Auto. Set Time Adjustment to the GMT offset for your area (-5:00 for Eastern, -6:00 for Central, -7:00 for Mountain, or -8:00 for Pacific).
Set Summer Time to Off for Standard Time or On for Daylight Savings Time.
Select User Setting -> System Settings. Set Local Channel to On. Change Local Channel Region to your city or the closest one listed. Channels in this region will be mapped to their normal local channel numbers.
Select User Setting -> Option. Set Sort By SID to On. Set Auto TP to On. Set Auto Roll to All. Set Full Channel Name to On.
Select User Setting -> EPG Setting. Set EPG TP to E:12472 and N:12311.
Select Installation -> Antenna Setup.

For each satellite to be configured, perform the following steps:

Set Satellite to the desired satellite.
Set LNB Power to On.
Set LNB Type. Legacy Single and Dual LNB's should be set to Standard.
Legacy Twin and Quad LNB's have their own dedicated types (LNB1 = higher azimuth satellite / LNB2 = lower azimuth satellite). Dish Pro LNB's should be set to OCS-DP.
Set LNB Freq. to 11250.
Set 22 KHz. Select Off or On, as appropriate, if a 22 KHz switch is used with this LNB. Otherwise, select Off is no 22 KHz switch is used with this LNB.
Set TP Freq. to 12224 unless this satellite is EchoStar 7 (119.0W), in which case use 12239 instead. The TP Freq. setting is not saved upon exit. This is normal and will not affect any subsequent operations.
Set DiSEqC 1.0. If an external DiSEqC switch is being used with this LNB, select the appropriate port number. If this LNB is a DishPro Twin or Quad, select port 1 (higher azimuth satellite) or port 2 (lower azimuth satellite), as appropriate. Otherwise, select None if no DiSEqC switch is used with this LNB.
Set Motor as required for your installation. If no motor is used, set Motor to Off.
Set Legacy SW. If this LNB is a Legacy Twin or Quad, select SW42 Dish 1 (higher azimuth satellite) or SW42 Dish 2 (lower azimuth satellite), as appropriate. If using an external Legacy Switch with this LNB, select the appropriate type.
At this point, you should see readings on the signal strength (S) and quality (Q) meters above 50%.

You should also see the expected satellite name displayed in the upper right corner of the screen, (locked in Sat.) superimposed on the blue bar to the right of the words "Antenna Setup", and it must match the satellite name to right of the 'Satellite' label in the menu.

If you don't see the proper satellite name displayed or don't have reasonable signal readings, you should not proceed. You may need to change your Settings, reposition your antenna or correct wiring problems if the S signal is below 50%.

Repeat the Antenna Setup procedure, as needed, for each additional satellite.

When finished configuring satellites, press Exit and press OK with Yes selected to save your settings.

Press Menu button on the Remote
Select Installation -> Auto Scan. Set Search option to All and Network Search to On. Scan only one satellite at a time. Insure that a check-mark is present after the configured satellite name.
Select Scan Start and press OK.
When scanning has completed, press OK with Yes selected to save the results.

Repeat the procedure listed above to set and scan for the next Satellite if desired.

Press Exit to leave the Main Menu. Select a strong channel that shows high Q signal value. It may take some time for Auto Roll to complete and the picture and sound to appear. Be patient.

To download the EPG manually, select User Setting -> EPG Setting -> Receive Guide and press OK. The EPG will be continually updated automatically when the receiver is in standby mode (powered off from the remote control).

Gold Member

Post Number: 7649
Ayc Palace : You asked, "and the site u poseted fta isn't that hacked?"

Please note that ftahq.com is a the new main site for Viewsat files as they are released and although it has been around for the last 3-4 weeks, it is reliable for direct file downloads.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Ayc,

I wouldn't trust the ftahq.com or totalft@. Not after all of the drama that has gone on with those sites

Bronze Member
Username: Oscarman

Post Number: 28
Anybody, help please

I downloaded DBPSW-080126P to my VS plat. for DN...3 times from separate sites...only getting some cable channels. I double checked all keys.
What's wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Jayson

Post Number: 108
check your settings.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
thx Jayson

still problem though.

I tried with autoroll on or off...still limited channels. what's up?

Silver Member
Username: Abj

Post Number: 519
okay Joe,
some of the plat are having problem
out of 3 plat I have, only 2 worked..
I hard rebooted but that didn't work.
I factory default and rescaned but that didn't work..
So I loaded factory file 2x
loaded latest file 2x
and hooked everything back up and it rolled about2 min. and finally it worked..
I think it has software glitch to some units..
You and I are not the only one with this problems...
Good Luck and let us know how you made out...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i will try.

thx Justice

Username: Bambiq

Yakima, WA USA

Post Number: 2
I loaded the new fix for my Viewsat Ultra but it froze. The tech guy is saying I have to wait for him to fix it. Is that true?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
B.Q

Always make sure you format/erase any old files on the memory stick 1st. Do not extract new file directly to stick when unzipping. Copy file to it instead...
once you load a sat.info file onto the STB it's there...no use keeping file on mem stick. Create a personal folder and store any info there as with all files except newest bin file loaded AFTER formatting your flash stick.

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 202
I downloaded the VsXtreme file that was released today into my box. It works great NO problems at all. Thanks VS people.

Username: Bambiq

Yakima, WA USA

Post Number: 3
All of those are great but I can't get my menu screen or anything else to come up

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
B.Q
first problem I had was with todays bin. Ultra was stuck with "do not power off" so I powered it off, ultra died, went to PC and gave it CPR and it came back alive. Wide open now,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Justice. it worked!!

back in bisiness Baby!

thx again

Username: Haboosh

Post Number: 8
hi to all i just bought new viewsat xtreme 2 days ago iam trying to load the new file by using the vista window and loader2 but it is giving me a massage saying that connecting but the precantage did not change and it keeps telling me resending and it is not working please help me experts what should i do??

Username: Haboosh

Post Number: 9
Please Nalin help anyone i want to watch tv!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Joe Schmoe,
Glad to hear you got it working...
Job well done...
Now sit back and enjoy...

Bronze Member
Username: Sam5002

Ny, Ny Usa

Post Number: 71
When I scan channels for Viewsat ultra with 080122U.pgm I got all the channels I want from AnikF3. Lately, i loaded 080126U-1.pgm and accidently press factory default. Now i scan the channels I am not getting all the channels as I had before from Anik-F3.

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
factory default, reset all your settings as you had before, than scan.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us