Sharp Aquos is Awesome but have a question.

Username: Spaceacealpha

Post Number: 6
Took the plunge and got the 52" Aquos 64U series. The picture is phenomenal. I also got the Sharp Bluray player with it. Package deal for $2400 at HHGregg. Watched the Simpsons movie in 1080P, looked fantastic and 3D. Watched Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End. Looked very sharp but I noticed the fog particle effects seemed twinkly. I turned the sharpness down which helped but only to a point. I didn't notice any twinkling on the other movie or the previews (which seem to be 1080P also). Is this a fault of the Pirates encoding or is my $36 RCA HDMI cable to blame?

The Sharp unit came with the settings seemingly already tuned instead of set to 0 like all my other units. I own AVIA home theater DVD and it was the bomb pre-LCD times but lost effectiveness with the improvement of technology. Is there a High Def bluray replacement out there?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 326
I think Digital Video Essentials has a HI Def Callibration disk out, but there are others. Try the HQV ( Hollywood Quality Video) stuff perhaps.

I am not sure but you might be describing something similar to false contouring as far as the fog stuff you are noticing. AS you are seeing it with only one disk, I doubt its the cable. But just switch it out to see for sure. Since its a Blu Ray disk and a Sharp Player, it could easily be the disk or the player frankly, as you can get different results from each blu ray player due to some variances in standardization of specifications at this time in the Blu Ray world.

The display is not at all likely to be the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us