Dish 1000.2 Blind Scans??

Username: Wesleytallant

Post Number: 10
I have a c00lsat 7100 with dish 1000.2 setup for 110, 119, and 129. I have done scans on 61.0W, 91.0W Nimiq1, and 121 and pick up the same channels. Located in Arizona.

The question is how I do really know what sats are being picked up for sure and which sats I am really using? It looks like I can select and sat listed in the setup menu and it will call it as so. Is this the way it works. I am not seeing a reason to have the 1000.2?

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7614
You have just discovered one of the basic facts of your Antenna setting.

The software will allow you to set up any sat and scan it, but you are only scanning the sat you are pointing to and the DisEqC port you are physically connected to.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So how do other people know what sats they are picking up? why have a 1000.2 dish unless you want to pickup HD on 129. It looks like 110 or 119 picks up everything you need.....or do they? With the 1000.2 dish I have a sw44 built in so does it still us DisEqc ports. It show up in the settings as it does but I don't trust what it tells me now.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2271
Yep
Nalin is correct
Let me add as an example:
By assume dish pointing to 110
- Despite yo set 91 in antenna setup and do get signal level cuz yo pointed to 110 therefore yo'll get channels from 110

- When yo select 91 in antenna setup what's actually happening is scanning TP frequencies of 91 presets using 110 beam signal what yo'll get is useless crap

- If yo want 91 dish must point to 91
- Most people want 82/91 and 110/119/129 will need to install 2 dishes with 5 LNBs
- Or get one 30" dish, a motor, one Invacom LNB and own entire sky

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7616
wesey tallant
You have a lot of reading to do about LNBs and sats and switches.

Silver Member
Username: Scabz

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 346
Well I'm pretty much a noob but I just installed a 1000.2 perfect. I got my left and right first then my up and down. My 110,119,and 129 all work great. Although I have slightly different setings than the instruction booklet. I set my 119 perfect. The other two just kinda fell into place using the booklet settings and the help from www.dishpointer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
So what kind of quality and levels should I look for on all three sats (110, 119, 129). What do you get?

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 1097
wesley,
post me your setting for each satellite and i will help you out
you go to menu and satellite
select the 3 satellites,one at a time and note the settings on each and post.

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 348
My signal and quality varies. I get around 85% to 90% on all 3. Then on a few tp's I get around 70%. My wife is hooked into 119 and gets 100% quality and 90% signal. Mine is about the same hooked into 110.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1099
scabz,
the signal quality you are getting is normal,you won't get 100%

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks African,
I will do what you said and scan all 3 sats at the same time and see what happens. Is there a channel on each sat that is different. I could use that to know I am getting all three.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1102
no no no no,
i want you to post the settings on each satellite as is now so i can fix for you or else when u scan u will be scanning 1 sat only

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I will work with it tomrrow. I am about 80% sure I am only picking up one Sat.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1107
wseley,
go to menu>factory reset>yes>english>country>when you get auto detect say yes and auto scan.wait until everything finishes.let me know results

Silver Member

Knoxville, Tn Us

Post Number: 350
Yeah I kinda figured that I wouldn't get 100%. The only thing 100% is my wifes quality on 119. I tried to get higher signals for about 3 days and couldn't get any better on my receiver.

Gold Member

Kenya

Post Number: 1108
scabz,
leave it as it is ,as long as you get 75+ you are good
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us