Connection - DVD Recorder to Cable Box

Username: Quietstorm

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Lite-On DD-A300GX Double Layer DVD Recorder with DivX Playback and I'm having connection troubles. I have a zenith combination tv/vcr and a Time Warner Cable Digital Cable Box.

There is no "RF Out" to plug the RF cable into the cable box from the recorder as the instructions illustrate. I don't know where to connect the RF cable. I tried connecting it somewhere else but it doesn't work right. I get some sort of basic cable on the Lite-On DVD Recorder but the channel numbers don't match what I normally have on my digital cable and many channels are missing.

I am able to play a DVD in the recorder so I think everything else is connected ok but I don't see how I can record any programs this way. Where do I plug in the other end or the RF cable when the "RF out" isn't marked on the cable box? There is cable in and cable out but both those have cables in them already.

Can anyone explain correct way to connect? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 21
The RF In on your DVD recorder is for regular analog cable TV.

Since you have digital cable, you will need to connect by some other means between the DVD recorder and your Digital Cable Box. I would imagine composite AV is one option.

Username: Quietstorm

New York, NY United States

Post Number: 2
All I have to worry about is the red/white/yellow cable from the cable box to the DVD recorder and nothing else? OK then, I left the RF cable disconnected and forgot about that.

I connected the red/white/yellow from the back of the DVD recorder to the red/white/yellow on the cable box but that didn't work. Then started over and connected the red/white/yellow from the recorder to the white/yellow to the front of the tv/vcr (there's no red plugin there) but that didn't work either.

There are at least two different places on the DVD recorder to plug in the red/white/yellow plugs so I'm not sure I have them in the right place. Maybe that's the problem. I plugged them in where it said "A/V out", but is the red one supposed to be someplace else in the DVD recorder where it says "digital audio output? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 30
You need to connect yellow/red/white OUT1 from cable box to yellow/red/white IN on DVD recorder. This lets you record on the DVD recorder.

Connect yellow/red/white OUT2 from cable box to yello/red/white IN1 on TV. This lets you watch digital cable on TV.

Connect yellow/red/white OUT from DVD recorder out to yellow/red/white IN2 on TV. This lets you watch DVD recorder on TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us