Help please...

Bronze Member
Username: Evilbunz

Post Number: 86
Im trying to load factorybin file using loader. I hooked up the cables and everything and when i start it... it says resending ?? and stays at 0% for like 10minutes. Is that normal and should i wait??

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2602
try changing the com port settings on ur loader or if u use it often, try a reboot on ur pc

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1773
whats up dantetn.whats your log name at crazy.we have a live chat box check it out.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7544
Unless you post the name of your receiver, the file you are trying to load into the receiver, the cable details and the exact procedure you are doing, it would be difficult to help you.
All receivers have a detailed set of instructions for loading BINs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
viewsat ultra, factorybin v117. I used a usb / serial cable and another cable that attaches from serial to reciever. Its on COM3 i tried changing it and also reset pc. Its like the file is not going through, it keeps saying on status resending and stay at 0%

Gold Member

Post Number: 7548
Have you tried this combination - the USB/serial, the cable and the setting of COM3 before on the Ultra?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 2603
hey TAP... its jon37705
I have only looked around there. No posts yet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
no... first time

Gold Member

Post Number: 7561
Aj: Your problems are many fold.
1. USB to Serial adaptor has always been a pain. most people would recommend that you do NOT allow Windows XP to auto install it but have one witht its own CD, and install it manually.
2. Some corrections can be made by going to the "Device Manager" of your computer and changing the COM Port setting. Preferrable settings are COM 1 or COM 2. Most loaders are comfortable with these two COM ports.
3. Your cable has to be a Null Modem cable. In your case, you do not know whether it is a straight cable or a Null modem cable. As it is not working now, try the two suggestions above and failing that, buy a DB 9 M/F null adaptor. Insert this in series with the rest and try again.
4. Installation has to be carried out with the help of full Viewsat Ultra instructions.
Here are the most important points after connecting and selecting the BIN.

C/P

[ ] 2. Open the program "Loader2. Click "Open Files", select latestviewsat file you have downloaded i½ to write to the ViewSat.

[ ] 3. Click PC-->STB, then Power i½ONi½ your ViewSat electric power. (You should see the File loading properly)

[ ] 4. WAIT! DO NOT TOUCH VIEWSAT!!! It will load the file. After file transfer is complete, the Front Panel will display
. . . . .i½insti½ for 15 seconds while it installs the software; i½DONEi½ is displayed for about the next 10 seconds; i½ on i½
. . . . .displays while the unit automatically REBOOTs. If connected to a TV, the TV screen comes up ALL by itself.
. . . . .If not connected to a TV, after i½ on i½ displays, the Front Panel goes to i½0000i½; you may power i½OFFi½ and hook to TV

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
okay i did it... when i put in factory bin it said fail message, then i put in a fail fix file and it works now. After that i put in jan 22nd bin file and umm well i get a blue screen. Is dn down? because radio is working

Gold Member

Post Number: 7563
Very good. Yes,DN is down. BEV is still up and running.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
ok thanks for all the help appreciate it. and is any channel on dn working at all?

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 266
locals work on DN
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us