Freezing Ultra

Bronze Member
Username: Farmboy491

Post Number: 16
What might cause an VSUltra to freeze? Have loaded factory bin, then loaded newest bins, peformed factory defaults, then loaded bins,have tried just about every combination of reset, load, etc... but still get random freezing. I have two Ultras, one is fine, other freezes. Any ideas on what to check? All files loaded USB. haven't tried write via serial....yet.

Silver Member
Username: Kirankumar

Kenya

Post Number: 980
Farm,
go ahead and load with cable

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 1755
DO A HARD REBOOT.TURN OF REAR SWITCH WAIT 2 TO 4 MINUTES THEN TURN ON.

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7507
If you can do a Blind scan, most of your problems will be over. You should also try and turn autoTP and autoroll off after doing the scan.

Bronze Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 12
put factory bin viewsat_ulta_V131.pgm 2 times, reset factory 2 times and put the Sat_info_07.sat 2 times and the last bin 2008-01-22 Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Madflea168

Post Number: 99
usually auto roll never worked on me, then it showed no signal.

it could be the auto roll problem, always wait a bit longer to turn the back switch on after load the new bin, it helps the auto roll to kick in.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I meant turn off auto roll never work on me. sorry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
on bev or dish (autoroll dont work) Mad

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
i have dn only

Gold Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 7519
To: People who were all gaga about Viewsat Ultra 3 months ago -
The good old Pansat 2500 converted to 2700 now works better in every way. The BINs are coming out before Viewsat BINs, they are fast - I mean really fast, the autoroll works, no freeze ups, and channels changes are extremely fast.
I find the coverted receiver faster and better today than the Sonicview 4000.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
mine work well whit autoroll whit Bev and Dish on bin 2008-01-22: PFTAUSW-080122U.PGM size:1692614.
Check the size if is the same on USB upgrade

Silver Member
Username: Steph_raven

Cartier is my boy toy!..., U wanna play... Canada

Post Number: 330
Nalin, good point, support is a key factor in choosing a fta rec'er. but you have to look at the global picture. i started with a pansat clone...2700n2 which i fried and brought back to life. i also support vs extreme, cs 6100, 7000, my vs ultra and cnx duo. personally, i'm not a cs fan even less pansat and clones. i really like my vs ultra, and cnx. you have to remember, you get what you pay for. the epg on pansats are really crap, you have to admit but hey it does the job, you want free tv and you don't wanna spend then it's a good option. if you want less trouble with loading bins, better epg and different features and you can afford to spend more money then there plenty to choose from. i'm really satisfied with both machines i own. it's a personal choice.always have a back up!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us