Jtag question--I'm curious--enquiring minds want to know

Bronze Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 75
I've heard about jtag for quite sometime. I even know someone who is very knowledgable in regard to FTA and has done it all and is good at it. This person told me they would NEVER do it again. They took on this project for someone else.

However, I see many people in here who say that they have to jtag and apparently do so. It's sound as if it is pretty complex due to the melting of the wire possibly damaging other things.

Therefore, I am curious how long this takes the average person to do, and for those who have done it, have they been successful at it. Is it as hard as it sounds?

Also, I understand the cause of this is from loading the wrong file. Is it that easy to load the wrong file? What is the number one cause of someone loading the wrong file? Is it due to not paying attention?

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3289
Yes the root of most damaged receivers is a users lack of knowledge. This "hobby" is not for the average user. Most problems can be solved by loading the factory bin file. Sometimes a user may need to the factory bin 3 times in a row.

Ya it would take a average careful experanced user about 2 hours to do all the steps involved in j-taging. I have fixed several dead receivers and never had to j-tag.

Silver Member
Username: Bushdaman

Post Number: 127
2 hours not quite. if you have downloaded the complete j-tag fix for a specific reciever lets say flu, downloading takes about 3 minutes and take your stb apart takes 2 minutes run all programs thats about another 6 minutes you can have your stb running in less then 15 minutes. ive done around 10 stbs and all took around that time frame. its not hard at all if you read the tutorial before you start. most give you step by step procedures. hope this helps you.(Ya it would take a average careful experanced user about 2 hours to do all the steps involved in j-taging. I have fixed several dead receivers and never had to j-tag.) so this statement is not really true if you know what your doing. sry fta but it is the truth.

Bronze Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 76
Thanks for your input.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us