How to set a motorized dish to get the maximum of satellites

Username: Jongos

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody, I've reading this forum for a while and found that it is helpful for the informations given and how people are prompt to help each other. I appreciate a lot your patience to help.
I have a problem to get satelittes with my motorized dish Dipower SG2100 dISEqC1.2 H-H Motor'
the Dish size is 90
After having installed according to the instructions I used a sat finder to have a strong signal.I Set up the Latitude and the Longitude according to my zip code, I set the dish elevation according to my model and set the motor according to my Latitude. I am using the Invacom Quad polar with 40mm horn as LNB. My receiver is Viewsat2000 with DISeQ1.0.
I have Dish service that work well with my receiver. The satellites I would like to get is for another room with that motorized dish I just bought. The only satellites I am able to get is Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2.
If I set another sat in my receiver Like 119 or 110, I get all the channels with a signal quality of 76-80% but no pictures and some Bev channels.
I am living in the East close to NY.
I reset my receiver checked my installation I do not know what to do next, please help me Nalyn, theFTAtester and all the other gold members of this helpful forum.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Pulp_fiction

Post Number: 1116
the dish needs to center and locked onto the most due south sat for ur areas Latitude/Longitude before u will be properly align with the clarke belt.

use this link to calculate the correct settings for your location.

http://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/lookangles.htm

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2209
Zuluma
Please disregard pulp fiction advice completely
Everyone here know he is retard

Your pointing is correct
List all your hardware, dish, LNB, receiver, bins etc.
Nalin, myself or anyone else can help yo correctly

Gold Member

Post Number: 1121
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: One_eye_jack

Post Number: 232
Like Pulp said first you will need to find True South. Needless to say King Tapeman or Nalin Nyda know how to install a motorized system.

Aiming at TRUE SOUTH: Move the dish/motor assembly together as one unit East and West by moving the H-H Motor clamp attached to the vertical supporting pole. Make sure the dish remains on the centre line displayed on the H-H Motor arm. You can find TRUE SOUTH by using a compass and by adding or subtracting the magnetic deviation for your area. See the map below to determine how many degrees you need to subtract or add. For example for New York City, the true south will be 180 plus 14=194 degrees on the compass

For help try these people

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/HH-mount-installation.htm#trueSout

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2217
He got that one_eye_jack
How else he would get quality
According to he followed istructions

Gold Member

Post Number: 1129
King "i can't read Tapeman"He got that one_eye_jack
How else he would get quality
According to he followed istructions

zuluma@walla.com

The only satellites I am able to get is Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2.

Misalign DISH plain and Simple King ASSHAT

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2219
And How would pointing to true South would improve it dude?

Pointing to True South is an initial setup
Dude yo are pathetic
IS THERE ANYTHING YO KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1132
OMG this way to easy.....

Upload

zuluma@walla.com
have a problem to get satelittes with my motorized dish Dipower SG2100 dISEqC1.2 H-H Motor'
the Dish size is 90
After having installed according to the instructions

IT IS A NEW INSTALL

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2221
I take that as yo don't know what initial install mean either
Man yo are in La La Land

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
King you should be arrested for being soo stupid
I will bet that if they took your brains out
and put your brains in a bird he would fly backwards

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2222
Whatever
Enjoy your full size
I'm here to teach pulp fiction electronics
He really can use my free seminar

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 243
King you should be arrested for being soo stupid
I will bet that if they took your brains out
and put your brains in a bird he would fly backward

ROFLMAO

Username: Jongos

Post Number: 2
Receiver
Viewsat Ultra 2000 with 080117U-1 loaded receiver has USUAL capability

Dish size 90cm Fortec
Motor Digipower SG2100 DISeQC1.2 H-H motor
LNB: Invacom quad polar with C120 Flange with 4 output L C L C

Dish aimed to south because I already have a dish service connected to my house, so finding south was easy with the compass and I used a sat finder to point to the strongest signal.
Installed everything according to the instructions , Latitude and Longitude , dish elevation etc...
I have a signal of 80% and the Quality is between 76 and 86%
The only sat I could get are BEV, when using Usual to set 119 and110 or other sat I have signal quality and all the channels I do not have any picture although the signal are good in quality.
Only Nimiq give me pictures.
Receiver keep autorolling but no pictures with the other sats.
I plan to reinstall everything to restart but first I need you advise. Thanks for giving me your advise.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2227
No don't rest
Don't listen to these kids
Yo confirmed everything I thought of
In DISEqC make sure yo select motor

Yo can delete satellite yo don't want without factory reset

- First try something like 119 only
even if not pointed correctly yo can micro adjust
But i don't think it's the case
- Make sure dish moves to other orbital locations
- Yo can also try 97 as it's not encrypted
Give me all your observations

Gold Member
Username: Ke5aqn

IF I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER, I WILL FIND...

Post Number: 3287
In order for USLAS to work properly it needs to know 3 things.

#1 Were on the planet the motor is located. The way we tell the receiver that is by entering latitude and longitude. You can find yours by simply going to google and enter your postal code.

#2 Were "true south" is. Think of this as it's 0 position. That is were when the motor is on the #0 the antenna will be pointed. I myself found all the information on how to find True south very complex to complete.

A neat trick to get the USALS to work is to have the receiver help you find "true south"
The way you do that is super simple. Go to lgnsat and by looking at the sat's in the belt decide what sat out of the ones your antenna and LNB can receive is closest to south. I here use 110. Then go into the antenna settings for the sat you choose and select USALS and enter your latitude and longitude. Then hit "move". Wait about 1 min and hit "save". Did it find the sat? If your quality is not as good as it could be or at 0 you need to move the antenna. Go outside with your tools and adjust the motor east or west until you get the very best amount of quality you can. I want to be clear here you will need to unbolt the mount on the pole and turn the antenna with your body not by pressing the buttons on the motor.

Then go into antenna settings for another sat a week one like nimic 2 at 82 is what I use and select USALS and hit "move" then save it. Did it find it ok? Go adjust the antenna to the very best quality you can.
Thats all you have to do usually the receiver can now use USLAS to find any sat in the belt as long as you have the cordance for that sat correct like an example ******** 7 119W.

#3 It needs to know were the sat is in the sky. The#'s you see after a name of a sat represent its location in the belt.

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
Starting point for a Motorized Dish.

.........To find TRUE SOUTH......

Upload

Your TRUE SOUTH from your location
close to East of New York will be 180*
plus 14 degrees for Magnetic Deviation.
So you TRUE SOUTH will be 194 degrees on your compass. Now lay a 10 foot pipe or pole
on the ground point one end to SOUTH and the other end to your dish. With your motor on the mast make sure it's set on zero and to your Latitude Now looking from behind of the dish align your dish with the pole on the ground. You are now on TRUE SOUTH. Mark your motor to the mast.

BTW go to a hardware store buy a plumber's
pipe hanger to the size of your mast.
Put this hanger around the mast before the motor.
This hanger will support the motor wail you do
the adjustments.

Bronze Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 30
If you have a good signal dish alighnments not the problem just load a new bin file.Are you guys getting paid for misinformation and confusion or what?

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2244

Good one Semore
The guy clearly says he got signal
What he needs a setup for next satellite
But FTA Tester got'm a helpful tip

Gold Member

Post Number: 1134
If you have a good signal dish alighnments

Read what he said
The only satellites I am able to get is Nimiq 1 and Nimiq 2.
If I set another sat in my receiver Like 119 or 110,

I used a sat finder to point to the strongest signal

That right there was the mistake.. the most southern sat not necessarally strongest siqnal..

He never set and tune the most southern sat.. as a result he's not inline with the clarke Belt and can flash all the bins he wants he not gonna pick up anyother sats...

zuluma@walla.com

Put this to rest which sat did u use for your center point?

What is your zip code ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
I have signal quality and all the channels I do not have any picture although the signal are good in quality.
Only Nimiq give me pictures.
Receiver keep autorolling but no pictures with the other sats.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1138
Well with a factory bin ot any other bin u could get channels on 97 like 200 of them... if he was aimed to the clarke belt correctly then DUH!!! but he not...

Silver Member
Username: Kingsatman

NYC, NY

Post Number: 222
"Well with a factory bin ot any other bin u could get channels on 97 like 200 of them... if he was aimed to the clarke belt correctly then DUH!!! but he not..."

Can anyone translate to english please?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Bev only is up on old files like 070911.

Bronze Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 23
Another computer Freak that runs his mouth
and don't know Sh!t about FTA.If a dish is not align right how will a new Bin help?
If your dish is not align into the Clark's Belt YES you can still pickup few birds.
A smart assButts why do you tell the man how to setup a Motorized Dish and get King Tapeman to help you.

Semore Butts
Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 08:28 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DVB-s2 cards support 8psk but there's no software that supports plugins that can handle 8psk/dvb-s2.

tstdrivr
Bronze Member
Username: Tstdrivr

U.S.A. Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 10:55 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you mean emunation can't handle 8psk cause i know the new versions of mytheatre can

Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 9
zuluma@walla.com,I had the same problem and ever succeeded, for regulated the problem I have create a new satellite in channel scan with 110w and make a blind scan. it is probably a bin made by dish. All work fine now. made this after positioning on echostar 110w
Viewsat ultra, tortec 36" HH90 motor and qph-031

Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 10
Good luck and come back if that work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us