Attention HD FTA experts - newbie needs assistance.

Username: Gadgetzilla

Post Number: 2
This is a sonicview SV-8000HD related question.

As a newbie, I'm trying to learn as I can. I recently got a SonicView SV-8000HD unit and starting to play in the HD arena. I haven't put a dish out there to point to 129W or at the canadian bird. In searching the lyngsat's website, I see some HD material on 110/119 and on 148. I have the appropriate hardware (8psk board) installed in the FTA unit as well that dishes pointing to the 110/119 and 148 bird.

So why am I not seeing those HD channels in the channel list and why can't I key the channel numbers directly.

I'm trying to get this information from any which way possible and start taking advantage of the new FTA box.

Thank you
Gadgetzilla

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1634
there are few hd channels on dn.. but u need hardware upgrade with ur reciever.. on the other hand bev 82 and 91 have lots lots of hd chanel and it doesn't need extra eqip, just your hd tv and your sonic view rec.. and make sure you have hdmi cable ..

Silver Member
Username: Yakovaki

Post Number: 207
you must enable the 8psk tuner in the menu before scanning

my advice is to go to ftatalk dot com and go in to the sonicview area and ask for a little help

Post Number: 3
JB / Sada - Thank you for your replies. I have been doing some additional research on my own as well.

I believe I have everything, from the HD perspectives. Please validate. I do have an HDTV with HTMI port. The FTA unit is SV8000HD, with the board (8psk tuner installed and enabled). You are right, there are more channel on the birds you mentioned, and I'm going to install a new dish(s) in the next coming days. I just wanted to get a "taste of HD" ;-) by trying to view what is available on the existing satellites I'm connected to.

Someone had recommended that I get a channel list for my FTA (SV-8000HD). Someone also had suggested that I enter TP's that will allow me to access the channels mentioned above.

Any thoughts ??

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 1637
what kind of dish you have?

Post Number: 4
I have a dish500 for 110/119 then an 'RCA' dish for 148 birds

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 376
Try a TP scan echo 8